Cala Mijas 2023

gfa

21 hours ago, VCF said:

That would be outstanding, but are we expecting another headlining-size act for CM?

A day with LCD + Florence/AF/Strokes would be absolutely huge.

Last year they had a day with Nick Cave, Chems and Kraftwerk though.

Last year at BBK they shared with Placebo and Moderat so ye never know... I'm expecting at least 2 more big names. I'd say the fees for AF could have came down a few notches after last years controversies also. 

I’m just hoping the delay is not related to Arcade Fire eventually pulling out... ?

They’re still not announced elsewhere than Cala Mijas and Kalorama. I’ve seen a few rumoured dates in Italy on the subreddit, but no announcement since then. 

4 minutes ago, VCF said:

I’m just hoping the delay is not related to Arcade Fire eventually pulling out... ?

They’re still not announced elsewhere than Cala Mijas and Kalorama. I’ve seen a few rumoured dates in Italy on the subreddit, but no announcement since then. 

I doubt it. Unless their hand has been forced, I'm sure they want to play and for people to see it as normal that they are doing shows so that they can put the allegations behind them.

2 hours ago, VCF said:

That would make sense with Italy, they have a festival called Home Festival (On around the same time as CM and K) so they're probably rumoured for that.

Edited by pothead pixie

21 hours ago, VCF said:

A few more days seems to be turning into a week for this announcement. I think you could be right here but really hope not.

So Jungle today have just been announced as Headliners for All Points East and it's labelled a 'UK' exclusive performance. I've just been on their website and can't see any other festivals listed yet outside of the UK. Perhaps THIS is what we have been waiting before and they'll be announced at Cala Mijas shortly? Just a thought!

6 minutes ago, Florence2010 said:

So Jungle today have just been announced as Headliners for All Points East and it's labelled a 'UK' exclusive performance. I've just been on their website and can't see any other festivals listed yet outside of the UK. Perhaps THIS is what we have been waiting before and they'll be announced at Cala Mijas shortly? Just a thought!

Keeping us waiting 4 months for the sake of (checks notes), er,  Jungle. 😆   

6 minutes ago, Florence2010 said:

Well exactly..... but maybe for the electronic stage? I'm not bothered about them but if it means an announcement is coming then I'm fine haha!

I could definitely see them playing but I would have announced a set of names a while back and then could add Jungle in a third wave of names.  They had three waves of names last year after all.

• Upvote 1