Download 2024

FeverDream

1 hour ago, NotLee said:

Yup, it's him. Don't ever say anything disagreeing with him as he will follow every post you do and start trying to email your personal email, try adding you on social media (I don't have it anymore) and other weird stuff. Avoid him and probably say best to block.

I also love the so called inside info thing people say. Like its fake info from a market stall

Absolute bs. You have been kicked from the forum for a reason, that reason is because you make slanderous comments about bands and people who pull you up on it.

Couldn't give two shiny poops what you think of me. The fact you remember my log in name is a bit stalkerish.

Now you are on here trying to turn people against me, who i have no interaction with. i dont even post on here very often so not sure why you feel threatened.

Ruining this forum like you tried with the Download forum.

Anyway these nonce bands, any further info (quite funny from a Rammstein fan)

Much regards and kisses

I missed you x.

8 hours ago, NotLee said:

It will be busy. A very fine year for them and maybe even better than you would normally get with this set of headliners with how much of a success this year was (aside from the trouble getting in). People having a good time this year I wouldn't be surprised if the early bird sales have been their best ever.

People are saying it felt 2023 was a turn around in terms of booking new artists but I'd disagree. BMTH being bumped was a great thing but it was still big time repeats of Metallica and Slipknot beside them and the undercard, although a lot less old bands involved, was still repeat city too with very little to shout about in terms of new and exciting acts performing. I'm banking on a decent undercard mainly from acts that never played this year that will hopefully take up the slots this year like Gojira, Mastodon, Limp Bizkit etc.

I got a ticket early as I knew the headliners and Rammstein were my favourite live band ever so I'd go wherever they went. Unfortunately I don't have social media and stuff so the news of Till completely passed me by. I'd probably not have bought a ticket had I known as I love Avenged but have seen Maiden too many times

I you missing the multiple complaints from people? Band wise was good, band placements with some were awful. Prices noted by some were high than should be....downloads always lead the way in higher pricing so no  surprise. Water points etc etc. It was a success as it sold out.

6 hours ago, Keese46uk said:

I think it will be as busy as any other Download but I don’t think it will be like this year. Don’t think there will be extra camp sites opened etc

Metallica hadn’t played in over 10 years and with their 2 days of no repeats, that would have brought in a lot. BMTH as well finally getting headliner status after their widely publicised Reading/Leeds amazing set and also Slipknot always bring a crowd and it had been a good few years. 

I’m a big fan of Rammstein too and that will get the regular fans going but with them doing 2 U.K stadium tours in the last couple of years (ignoring Covid) and Maiden playing 2 years ago and U.K tour this year, where they will be doing the same show next year, it just isn’t that attractive to regular punters. Also even though Avenged haven’t played in a very long time, I don’t know what their appeal is like now especially after the latest album. 

I think we’ll just be down to standard numbers again, nothing like it was when the headliners pulled out but I don’t think it’ll be like this year. Day tickets will sell well for hardcore Maiden fans 

This year was way over sold. It was few a far between that a band on either bigger stand didn't have a massive crowd that made people question if it was worth it trying to get in.

5 hours ago, Zampa said:

Absolute bs. You have been kicked from the forum for a reason, that reason is because you make slanderous comments about bands and people who pull you up on it.

Couldn't give two shiny poops what you think of me. The fact you remember my log in name is a bit stalkerish.

Now you are on here trying to turn people against me, who i have no interaction with. i dont even post on here very often so not sure why you feel threatened.

Ruining this forum like you tried with the Download forum.

Anyway these nonce bands, any further info (quite funny from a Rammstein fan)

Much regards and kisses

I missed you x.

Well yes, joking about rapists has that affect, whether you get good info or not.

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Can’t believe I never made the connection. Thought Gazza had moved on to a better place (not dead… just not getting in to constant spats on a festival forum). 

He took a long time off as didn't need to be on here.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, northernangel said:

I you missing the multiple complaints from people? Band wise was good, band placements with some were awful. Prices noted by some were high than should be....downloads always lead the way in higher pricing so no  surprise. Water points etc etc. It was a success as it sold out.

This year was way over sold. It was few a far between that a band on either bigger stand didn't have a massive crowd that made people question if it was worth it trying to get in.

Well yes, joking about rapists has that affect, whether you get good info or not.

It wasn’t ‘oversold’, it was sold out. Something being very but doesn’t mean it’s oversold above capacity. There were enough toilets, bars and food vendors to suffice. Yes there were queues for each but they were not in any way hugely out of the ordinary. 

Edited by Andre91

4 hours ago, Andre91 said:

It wasn’t ‘oversold’, it was sold out. Something being very but doesn’t mean it’s oversold above capacity. There were enough toilets, bars and food vendors to suffice. Yes there were queues for each but they were not in any way hugely out of the ordinary. 

If that isn't oversold then the Download site isn't big enough for 120k people. The biggest groan I heard all the way and I was there from Thursday was, you can't move anywhere without being in the way. No space, every band is like you either get there half an hour before or it's ridiculous trying to see them. That's not a festival, that's a cash cow. Something Glastonbury has been accused of in the past.

I didn't say anything about there not being enough toilets, bars or food vendors although food queues weren't great at times. I said water points which has nicely been passed by. Take That mass heat away and watch those bar queues change. It's probably except for maybe Glastonbury the most I've seen water consumed and that could be brought from any vendor.

I didn't see your review from your download time which I'd be interested to, as an avid attendee. 

Edited by northernangel
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, northernangel said:

You are a misery

2 hours ago, northernangel said:

If that isn't oversold then the Download site isn't big enough for 120k people. The biggest groan I heard all the way and I was there from Thursday was, you can't move anywhere without being in the way. No space, every band is like you either get there half an hour before or it's ridiculous trying to see them. That's not a festival, that's a cash cow. Something Glastonbury has been accused of in the past.

I didn't say anything about there not being enough toilets, bars or food vendors although food queues weren't great at times. I said water points which has nicely been passed by. Take That mass heat away and watch those bar queues change. It's probably except for maybe Glastonbury the most I've seen water consumed and that could be brought from any vendor.

I didn't see your review from your download time which I'd be interested to, as an avid attendee. 

Joint best Download I’ve been to. Only saw two duff bands all weekend but it’s more that I don’t like those bands anyway. Everyone else was fantastic. Queues weren’t too bad at all, prices were to be expected and the doghouse was miles better this year. Way too hot on the Sunday but nothing can be done about that. Loved the weekend. 

42 minutes ago, NotLee said:

You are a misery

You find certain bands worse than rapists! I'll take the misery I reckon hands down.

33 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Joint best Download I’ve been to. Only saw two duff bands all weekend but it’s more that I don’t like those bands anyway. Everyone else was fantastic. Queues weren’t too bad at all, prices were to be expected and the doghouse was miles better this year. Way too hot on the Sunday but nothing can be done about that. Loved the weekend. 

I agree nothing can be done about the weather. It's a genuine thing though when I say, you must not have had the best festival experiences over the years to find Download a great experience. Coming from as far as you have to, to travel as well. Maybe it's me and I don't get it. I enjoyed what I saw, obviously the heat impacted things but even like coming through East Car Park entrance as, as we all know the arriving was great fun! Guys that come year out were saying, we come hear every year but the organization is shocking and we still come. I didn't have to speaking to them for this input, it was just overheard grapevine stuff. My biggest act disappointment by far was Pendulum. I think having seen them go from earlier days to topping smaller stages with dark sets, going back to playing is pure daylight just wasn't the same.

3 hours ago, northernangel said:

You find certain bands worse than rapists! I'll take the misery I reckon hands down.

I agree nothing can be done about the weather. It's a genuine thing though when I say, you must not have had the best festival experiences over the years to find Download a great experience. Coming from as far as you have to, to travel as well. Maybe it's me and I don't get it. I enjoyed what I saw, obviously the heat impacted things but even like coming through East Car Park entrance as, as we all know the arriving was great fun! Guys that come year out were saying, we come hear every year but the organization is shocking and we still come. I didn't have to speaking to them for this input, it was just overheard grapevine stuff. My biggest act disappointment by far was Pendulum. I think having seen them go from earlier days to topping smaller stages with dark sets, going back to playing is pure daylight just wasn't the same.

Don’t be so patronising. I am more aware than anyone of when I’m having a nice time. 

Takes me an hour to get there and I queued for 10 mins max to get parked up. 

I didn’t think the organisation was shocking in any way regarding campsites, entertainment and the arena itself. I was prepared for a busier than normal weekend and that’s exactly what I got. I was not hugely inconvenienced at any time. 

2 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Don’t be so patronising. I am more aware than anyone of when I’m having a nice time. 

I didn’t think the organisation was shocking in any way regarding campsites, entertainment and the arena itself. I was prepared for a busier than normal weekend and that’s exactly what I got. I was not hugely inconvenienced at any time. 

Yeah, I had one of the best Downloads ever and haven been going to festivals for 35 years.

Download, Glastonbury, Reading, Arctangent, 2000 Trees, Bulldog Bash to name a few.

This years Download was one of the best.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I wasn't, it was a genuine question. I actually thought you had to come from Scotland area to get there hence the distance question.

7 hours ago, northernangel said:

Indeed you are!, defending them! I go to Slam Dunk Festival and Glastonbury yearly which half of this board does to so I'll let you explain that one anyway. Get all the info you want, still a dickhead!

Slam dunk pop punk nonces, not tour best argument creepy boy. Why are you ban evading?

4 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Oh, ok! But, erm, why did you think I was from Scotland? 😂

Well something must have given me that impression. Maybe it's the circle you mix with on here who are from Scotland. 

Anyway, where do you have to come from.

Either way though, there is no denying unless you got there first thing Wednesday morning which I've no doubt you did, the queues were horrendous. Everyone who has a quiet camping ticket or such like go to West?, no point after Wed!

Everyone had a different experience. I came from Nottingham and skipped over the motorway queues. Mates left Southampton at 6am and didn't get to the car park till about 4pm.

Noone can really argue against the water points being terrible. Staff were telling us all the water pressure had significantly dropped so the queues were horrendous. Props to the security on the Sunday though, handing out cups of water constantly

Edited by Judas Yeast

1 hour ago, Judas Yeast said:

Everyone had a different experience. I came from Nottingham and skipped over the motorway queues. Mates left Southampton at 6am and didn't get to the car park till about 4pm.

Noone can really argue against the water points being terrible. Staff were telling us all the water pressure had significantly dropped so the queues were horrendous. Props to the security on the Sunday though, handing out cups of water constantly

Yeah I mean the water queue one is quite obvious. People buying the cans because they are sick of queueing and missing their bands with 3 water points for 120k people. The queues to get in were clearly terrible with the Council actually releasing a statement of being unhappy at the arriving organization of the festival due to it holding so many others up in the process. You cannot pass by how bad that was. It was that heavily that it was suggested, were it to happen again the festival there was at risk. You would of thought from Wednesday there would be lessens learnt but nope, Thursday was sh*t too. It wasn't quite as bad but why are loads of people buying Quiet Camping Passes to be told that cold park where we were told to go was full and directed to the furthest car park away. The best part of the transport system was a shuttle from West Car Park end going to campervan area meaning the walk was much shorter. They are genuine complaints where everything was ignored for anyone arriving after Wednesday and even late Wednesday. My bro in law arrived Wednesday to West and had to argue to get in, told me there was loads of room.

It is one of those things. If they get simple things right then you've no need to be annoyed by it. Check everyone's ticket.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NotLee said:

Talking shite. Nothing to it

These Skillet Alestorm nonce allegations. Got any proof? And yes i will counter any post you put on here. 

Sorry to everyone else on what is a pretty normal forum, but the bloke is poison.

If anyone can be arsed to look up what caused our disagreement, just search for Skillet or Alestorm on the official forum.

He is not the messiah, he is a dick.

See you at the Dome next month Lee.

50 minutes ago, Zampa said:

These Skillet Alestorm nonce allegations. Got any proof? And yes i will counter any post you put on here. 

Sorry to everyone else on what is a pretty normal forum, but the bloke is poison.

If anyone can be arsed to look up what caused our disagreement, just search for Skillet or Alestorm on the official forum.

He is not the messiah, he is a dick.

See you at the Dome next month Lee.

Give it a rest mate, something was said on a forum in bad taste, it happens, get over it, move on with life. 

12 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Give it a rest mate, something was said on a forum in bad taste, it happens, get over it, move on with life. 

I've blocked him but this wasn't even said.from that post he is saying he will see me at my old place of work (i have no idea how he would know that)! This isn't a troll or a laugh, this guy has genuinely tried to message me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and personal email. It's basically stalking and I don't know who the admins are on here but could they please look into stopping it happening on here too