2024 Festival

Chad888

22 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Aye, definitely expect more footfall. Did we ever get reliable numbers on overall attendance figures per day last year?

Not that ive seen, would be interested. Reading did feel quieter but not too drastically in my own experience. 

Could easily see 8 acts on main stage per day with 2x 1:30 headline slots,, would probably look (roughly) something like this?

12-12:30 (30 mins)

1-1:30 (30)

2-2:45 (45)

3:15-4:00 (45)

4:30-5:30 (60)

6-7 (60)

7:45-9:15 (90)

10-11:30 (90)

Edited by Will b

1 hour ago, Will b said:

Could easily see 8 acts on main stage per day with 2x 1:30 headline slots,, would probably look (roughly) something like this?

12-12:30 (30 mins)

1-1:30 (30)

2-2:45 (45)

3:15-4:00 (45)

4:30-5:30 (60)

6-7 (60)

7:45-9:15 (90)

10-11:30 (90)

That seems believable, yes less than we have previously had but doesnt leave me feeling as if we are being overly shortchanged. I guess we will have to see

I'll be honest, think your secondary headliners will play closer to seventy-five minutes.

12:00 - 12:30: #8
13:00 - 13:30: #7
14:00 - 14:40: #6
15:20 - 16:00: #5
16:40 - 17:25 #4
18:10 - 19:00 #3
19:45 - 21:00: #2
22:00 - 23:30 #1

That said, I also calibrated those times to leave gaps that might fit Chevron performers in-between. Prefer your idea we'll get more minutes overall.

1 hour ago, nathanh said:

Hmm MSW headliners last year got the full 90 minutes so cant see this years any different

Lana Del Rey looked to be playing eighty-minute averages for her own headline shows outside of festivals last autumn. Can't imagine she'll be arsed to stretch it to ninety, especially given she's a glorified sub.

6 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Lana Del Rey looked to be playing eighty-minute averages for her own headline shows outside of festivals last autumn. Can't imagine she'll be arsed to stretch it to ninety, especially given she's a glorified sub.

Oh I didnt realise her show had been that short, yeah then potentially its more like between 80-90 minutes depending on the act?

7 minutes ago, nathanh said:

Oh I didnt realise her show had been that short, yeah then potentially its more like between 80-90 minutes depending on the act?

Possibly. It might be they all get ninety-minute slots, but I'd be surprised if they were all filled as such.

Liam Gallagher most interests me. At his own shows, a sequential run of Definitely Maybe topped with B-sides might work, but less convinced it would at festivals. Maybe we get:

Rock 'n' Roll Star
Shakermaker
Up in the Sky
Columbia
Bring It On Down
Cigarettes & Alcohol
Digsy's Dinner
Slide Away
Married with Children
10 D'Yer Wanna Be a Spaceman?
11 Half the World Away
12 Listen Up
13 Whatever
14 Supersonic
15 Live Forever
16 I Am the Walrus

7 minutes ago, nathanh said:

Possibly. It might be they all get ninety-minute slots, but I'd be surprised if they were all filled as such.

Liam Gallagher most interests me. At his own shows, a sequential run of Definitely Maybe topped with B-sides might work, but less convinced it would at festivals. Maybe we get:

Rock 'n' Roll Star
Shakermaker
Up in the Sky
Columbia
Bring It On Down
Cigarettes & Alcohol
Digsy's Dinner
Slide Away
Married with Children
11 Half the World Away
12 Listen Up
13 Whatever
14 Supersonic
15 Live Forever
16 I Am the Walrus

On 2/3/2024 at 1:34 PM, Andre91 said:

The only one I can see is Chase and Status really. I don’t think we’re entering a more dance dominated era higher up the stages, it’s just we might see more DnB artist, for example, on the main stage etc. 

On 2/3/2024 at 1:30 PM, nathanh said:

If the festivals going to enter a more dance dominated era does that mean we are also likely to see Dance main headliners like Fred more likely? If so who would they be I'm drawing a blank. Chase and Status? Calvin Harris?

Chase and Status could do MSW but are defo not MSE

Calvin Harris will happen eventually I think. Could be next year could be in 10 years, but it will happen.

On 2/3/2024 at 6:04 PM, nathanh said:

Good spot by RandLMill, seems to confirm tent for Chevron based on a tweet posted by an act on Chevron

IMG_6825.jpeg

@Benj this you mate

6 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Rock 'n' Roll Star
Shakermaker
Up in the Sky
Columbia
Bring It On Down
Cigarettes & Alcohol
Digsy's Dinner
Slide Away
Married with Children
11 Half the World Away
12 Listen Up
13 Whatever
14 Supersonic
15 Live Forever
16 I Am the Walrus

Is there any precedent for an album in full show from any artist not being in order front to back

Seems insanely unlikely to me

Acts do it albums in full in order at fests all the time

Just now, gfa said:

haha ffs

Anyway I'd say Chase + Status would probably be Chevron headliners now, they'd be a big booking but would say they're in the same ballpark as The Prodigy/Skrillex.

5 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Anyway I'd say Chase + Status would probably be Chevron headliners now, they'd be a big booking but would say they're in the same ballpark as The Prodigy/Skrillex.

That would be a BIG booking, they are headlining Boardies this year alongside Stormzy and Sam Fender

28 minutes ago, gfa said:

Is there any precedent for an album in full show from any artist not being in order front to back

Seems insanely unlikely to me

Acts do it albums in full in order at fests all the time

Metallica’s black album playthroughs were back-to-front so they finished on Enter Sandman I believe. 

Even 1975 last year didn’t do debut album perfectly, missed out 12 and Is There Somebody… (two of the slower/instrumentals), and moved An Encounter so it faded into Robbers

20 minutes ago, nathanh said:

That would be a BIG booking, they are headlining Boardies this year alongside Stormzy and Sam Fender

Could be right, I suppose if they're going for more dance/electronic artists going forward then C+S make sense as a potential (sub)headliner in the coming years.

4 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Got to be in the smaller headliner slot I think.

They are a slightly bigger ticket shifter than the prodigy i think, plus more known / suited to the core R&L audience

Edited by gfa