Campervan tickets

hjd

1 hour ago, hjd said:

Have always camped at glasto but considering camper tickets this year....

My campervan would sleep 4 at a push, but could you bring a small tent to park up next to your camper if required? Would one campervan ticket cover 4 people as well? 

Yep - tell the stewards how much room you need when they park you up and they'll leave you space. 

1 hour ago, hjd said:

Have always camped at glasto but considering camper tickets this year....

My campervan would sleep 4 at a push, but could you bring a small tent to park up next to your camper if required? Would one campervan ticket cover 4 people as well? 

THE CV TICKET COVERS THE CV OF ANYSIZE. Each person in the van needs a festival entrance ticket. THERE MIGHT BE DIFFERENT tickets for the bigger cvs, and you'll get away with a tent as long as you don't take the piss. 

7 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

Why is that weird? 

What's wrong with a transit van containing a mattress and camping stove?

Why stipulate the need for a "proper camper van" as in DVLA definition?

It's like the festival have forgotten their roots.

Edited by Skip997

33 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

I’d have thought it’ll be to do with fire regs and insurance. 

There’s a difference between “forgetting your roots” and 50 years passing, bringing new regulations and legislation. 

3 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

There’s a difference between “forgetting your roots” and 50 years passing, bringing new regulations and legislation. 

No more likely to have a fire in basic home "conversion" than in a £100k coach build van.

These rules only apply to punter camper vans/"live-ins" no such restrictions for crew.

Edited by Skip997

1 hour ago, Skip997 said:

Don't believe those people who tell you there's no such thing as a stupid question 😉

4 hours ago, prestonmike said:

Im also thinking of bringing a campervan for the first time, must be an age thing, i wonder if they'll increase campervan fields if there is enough demand for it?

They actually got rid of west campervans last time … not sure how much the east ones increased by to compensate or if extra bath and west went on sale 

4 hours ago, prestonmike said:

Im also thinking of bringing a campervan for the first time, must be an age thing, i wonder if they'll increase campervan fields if there is enough demand for it?

Cv fields always sell out fast 

14 hours ago, Skip997 said:

13 hours ago, blutarsky said:

Probably all stems from the licensing agreement between the festival and local authority. This will set out a framework to which the festival must comply, including rules & regulation. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, blutarsky said:

There’s a difference between “forgetting your roots”

skip is forgetting the roots to put his own made-up ones onto the festival. 'new-age' travellers used to mostly give glasto a miss to stay at stonehenge.

2 hours ago, Lycra said:

Probably all stems from the licensing agreement between the festival and local authority. This will set out a framework to which the festival must comply, including rules & regulation. 

for some things, they won't accept the rules the local council want and instead tell the council  what the festival will do instead, but for that the festival has to believe the argument is worth having.

Edited by Neil

4 hours ago, Lycra said:

I'm genuinely interested in this.

Here's two examples from other festivals I am/have been involved in.

Beautiful Days - they allow any type of vehicle to have a camper van pass and park up in the camper vans fields, I often see cars with CV passes parked in the CV fields.

Shambala - Camper van pitches are valid for converted live-in vehicles, or caravans only. No mention of coach-built motorhomes or draconian restrictions on what constitutes a "live-in".

So do GF have more strict conditions imposed by licensing, or have they made the decision themselves and if so why?

Interesting that these restrictions don't apply to crew camper vans or "live-ins", which suggests that it's not a licensing condition.

1 hour ago, Skip997 said:

I'm genuinely interested in this.

Here's two examples from other festivals I am/have been involved in.

Beautiful Days - they allow any type of vehicle to have a camper van pass and park up in the camper vans fields, I often see cars with CV passes parked in the CV fields.

Shambala - Camper van pitches are valid for converted live-in vehicles, or caravans only. No mention of coach-built motorhomes or draconian restrictions on what constitutes a "live-in".

So do GF have more strict conditions imposed by licensing, or have they made the decision themselves and if so why?

Interesting that these restrictions don't apply to crew camper vans or "live-ins", which suggests that it's not a licensing condition.

GF allow converted live in vehicles as well as "coach-builds". It's not draconian to provide guidance on what constitutes a conversation.

GF could well have different rules for paying customers and staff. The former would come under public liability whilst the latter would be employee liability.

• Upvote 1

On 10/1/2022 at 3:27 PM, Lycra said:

GF could well have different rules for paying customers and staff. The former would come under public liability whilst the latter would be employee liability.

if its about insurance i reckon  its most-likely about site insurance.

On 9/29/2022 at 1:21 PM, Neil said:

THE CV TICKET COVERS THE CV OF ANYSIZE. Each person in the van needs a festival entrance ticket. THERE MIGHT BE DIFFERENT tickets for the bigger cvs, and you'll get away with a tent as long as you don't take the piss. 

East campervan field limits you to an 8m camper (plus a tent at the side) anything larger goes to Bath & West show ground. 

I stayed in the East this year. Arrived around 4pm on the Tuesday. It was already very, very full

+ Capervan bed, making a cup of team in the morning, lots of space, quiet for a kip

- My van was exactly 1 mile away from Gate C. queue's to get in were at times horrendous, very little in the way of facilities on the outer fields. I had my missus and 2 girls with me. I was basically a porter fetching water and emptying waste for a couple of hours each morning. They loved the shower facility of the van. I grew to loath it!!!  All this made it impossible to go back and chill in the day. Plus it wasn't mine, I hired it so it made for a very expensive bed!

I personally wont be doing this again. I think I'd rather stay on worthy view (or similar) if my misses wont general camp