Boomtown Chapter 2: The Twin Trials

a6l6e6x

8 hours ago, gfa said:

Is it worth bothering with the wednesday btw? anything on at all or should i just save the day of leave

There is bits on but finishes reletively early and you cant get into any of the main town bit yet. I wouldnt say its worth it tbh especially if it costs more too? 

On 6/9/2023 at 11:13 AM, gfa said:

Is it worth bothering with the wednesday btw? anything on at all or should i just save the day of leave

Not massively. The wooded parties were open. The main streets didn't open until midday Thursday. The biggest advantage of Wednesday is you can get in, get set-up and then dive straight in from the opening parties at noon.

• Upvote 1

On 6/9/2023 at 7:46 PM, Isaaclk said:

There is bits on but finishes reletively early and you cant get into any of the main town bit yet. I wouldnt say its worth it tbh especially if it costs more too? 

3 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

Not massively. The wooded parties were open. The main streets didn't open until midday Thursday. The biggest advantage of Wednesday is you can get in, get set-up and then dive straight in from the opening parties at noon.

Cheers!

Haven't done Boomtown in a few years, not since it's new structure for releasing bands. Any idea when we will get any updates, will it be literally a week or two before the festival? Any chance of a drip feed beforehand?

It doesn't make a huge difference for me but it's always nice to have something to get excited about.

14 hours ago, EamerRed said:

Haven't done Boomtown in a few years, not since it's new structure for releasing bands. Any idea when we will get any updates, will it be literally a week or two before the festival? Any chance of a drip feed beforehand?

It doesn't make a huge difference for me but it's always nice to have something to get excited about.

Last year it was the Sunday before the festival, and I think the plan is for that to happen again this year.

Although a rather large announcement will drop within the next few weeks 👀

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mr flow said:

Last year it was the Sunday before the festival, and I think the plan is for that to happen again this year.

Although a rather large announcement will drop within the next few weeks 👀

The Sunday surprise act? Interesting 👀

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Harry3 said:

Is Grand Central really big enough for the Prodigy? 😬

There's a big clash at the same time which will draw people away, and Grand Central space is much bigger than you think it is. Don't get me wrong, it'll be packed, but it's big enough to cope with The Prodigy.

27 minutes ago, mr flow said:

There's a big clash at the same time which will draw people away, and Grand Central space is much bigger than you think it is. Don't get me wrong, it'll be packed, but it's big enough to cope with The Prodigy.

I can't wait to see what is big enough to be a "big clash" with The Prodigy...

I have reached the conclusion that the no line-up thing is a good idea until about now when it feels close enough that I really need to know more of what I am going to see!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jimmyt said:

I can't wait to see what is big enough to be a "big clash" with The Prodigy...

I have reached the conclusion that the no line-up thing is a good idea until about now when it feels close enough that I really need to know more of what I am going to see!

I can’t imagine what could be bigger either, I thought everyone who likes dance music and would be at Origin would like the Prodigy. And everyone else!
Maybe it’s just old people like me who like them and the usual Origin crowd will prefer Fred Again. 

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

Early lineup with a tickets still available announcement possibly an early sign that the new secret lineup format isn't working?

But also hopefully that they think the line up will actually shift some tickets. It is definitely about time Mr Flow chucked us a few more crumbs to get us excited for Friday's drop...

1 hour ago, jimmyt said:

But also hopefully that they think the line up will actually shift some tickets. It is definitely about time Mr Flow chucked us a few more crumbs to get us excited for Friday's drop...

I haven't seen the full line up yet, so can't really give you too many crumbs!

10 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

Early lineup with a tickets still available announcement possibly an early sign that the new secret lineup format isn't working?

Ticket sales are about the same as they normally are from what I understand. It's been a long time since the festival has completely sold out. The secret line up side of things has always been aimed more at removing the "artist politics", and this years line up is only dropping a week earlier than last years. I think they are planning to keep the line up secret, but i wouldn't be surprised if they announce some of the bigger acts going forward, as they have with The Prodigy this year.

22 minutes ago, mr flow said:

Ticket sales are about the same as they normally are from what I understand. It's been a long time since the festival has completely sold out. The secret line up side of things has always been aimed more at removing the "artist politics", and this years line up is only dropping a week earlier than last years. I think they are planning to keep the line up secret, but i wouldn't be surprised if they announce some of the bigger acts going forward, as they have with The Prodigy this year.

Fair enough! I guess it gives enough time for some last minute ticket buying still that announcing 3 days before didn't. 

Hopefully over time as they set the ethos a bit more they'll be able to sell more tickets based on the "vibe" rather than the headliners (like Glastonbury do).