Electric Castle 2023

#1SzigetFan

Super Early bird tickets are now on sale, at 99 euros + taxes. Only 10.000 available. We don't know the exact dates yet, but I guess it's going to take place mid-July once again.

The festival received some backlash, as people are demanding a better organization for the next edition. This year, after the 21 Pilots gig, there were very long queues to get the bus or train back to Cluj-Napoca. Lots of people had to wait even 5-6 hours to get back home that night.

People are also demanding more toilets, as this year the festival was very crowdy (approximately 272.000 visitors during the 5 days) compared to the past editions and lots of them had to stay in line sometimes even 30 minutes to get to the toilet.

image.thumb.png.ca0abe45edfce21a8a24a904c9135b9d.png

Edited by #1SzigetFan

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, #1SzigetFan said:

They posted "Tomorrow" on Facebook, so I guess tomorrow we'll get the first names.

Colours of Ostrava is also announcing tomorrow. They often share 1 or 2 big names.

Stromae? Florence? Arctic Monkeys?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sugar Cane said:

I think that Colours will announce One Republic

Wouldn't be surprised if EC will announce them too. It might be their big commercial name next year as they had 21 pilots this year.

I also hope for Stromae though.

Edited by #1SzigetFan

• 1 month later...

some of the first wave names were announced via a radio show: chemical brothers, iggy pop, sigur ros, pendulum live, peggy gou, tash sultana, george ezra, nova twins, nothing but thieves, the hu

that's a very solid start imo

Edited by neacaisa

I think we will have at least two more big names, peggy gou will probably not play main stage (she was booked for hangar in 2022, ultimately dropping off) and i have doubts that george ezra will outright headline without any other big name on the main stage. 

last year the main stage headliners were: 

Thu: Editors + Moderat

Fri: Deftones(dropped off, replaced by Enter Shikari) + 21 pilots

Sat: Gorillaz + Disclosure

Sun: Aurora

Edited by neacaisa

• 3 months later...

No, macklemore is not that popular, besides his 2 or 3 hit singles from the heist, no one was really talking about him afterwards. But he will be highly billed as he is one of the few american high profile rappers that regularly tour europe. Definitely not a ticket shifter, like gorillaz/21 pilots on the previous year. But people will still do the festival because of it being the only non-EDM/slightly alternative major festival in the country. 

Not much depth added to that promising start.

Edited by neacaisa

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...