Victorious Festival 2023 Discussion

Jack01825

1 minute ago, Simsy said:

On the castle stage? Wow, that could be rammed!

Also, think victorious need to learn what "secret" means 😂

Think being that early in the day saves it from being too rammed.  Clashes with Natalie Imbruglia (no idea how popular she’ll be but she is a big name)

4 minutes ago, sisco said:

Think being that early in the day saves it from being too rammed.  Clashes with Natalie Imbruglia (no idea how popular she’ll be but she is a big name)

Clashing with Imbruglia? Well now I'm torn 🤣

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, s30foster said:

Doh!! Is it decent? Not that I think it can pull me away from Natalia Imbruglia. 30 years ago when I was a kid she kissed me on the cheek. My big celebrity crush at the time! 

Depends on your musical tastes.  They are not an ‘indie’ band but do play guitars. Superstruct obviously signed them up on a 2-4-1 with Tramlines. 🤣

• Like 1

If anyone is interested these are the road closures and parking restrictions over the weekend. I didn't go last year but I don't remember them ever closing the A288 Clarence Parade where the car park used to come out onto. But I normally exit via D entrance so not used that road in years.     

20230812_152646.jpg

20230812_152649.jpg

20230812_152700.jpg

20230812_152704.jpg

one weekend ticket for sale.my other half cant go now. thought i had sold but as tickets email not come through yet ,buyer found elsewhere. looking for £150 0r near offer. bank transfer and will post printed copy or photo shoot and send to buyers phone or can meet me thursday eve as staying at uni halls or morning of fest fri .

9 hours ago, Dg_vic said:

Depends on your musical tastes.  They are not an ‘indie’ band but do play guitars. Superstruct obviously signed them up on a 2-4-1 with Tramlines. 🤣

Can you say any hints of who it is? E.G. If they were performing at Victorious last year.

On 8/16/2023 at 11:28 AM, WhatADin said:

SO, with first bus out of action and the trains out of action what are people who live in Pompey doing for travel?

I live right by Lakeside but the thought of dropping, no word of a lie £120, for an 8 mile round trip each day for a family of four is insane. I mean, a weekend bus ticket for the entire Isle of Wight was £30 or something. 

However, I've not had much luck with the buses that were laid on in the past and had several buses drive past me full. 

I wasn't planning on doing the park and ride anyway, but shocked at how much they are charging for a return bus ticket. I've never done it, but a mate has, and there is no chance he would have paid anywhere near that, so they've definitely hiked it this year.

I also live in walking distance of Lakeside and have always bussed it on the number 2 without any issues. Not going to be an option this year, so the 23 it is. They're running until 1:30 I think on Friday and Saturday, so hopefully that will spread the demand out. It would be worth checking if the stop before Palmerston Road is in use, as that should beat the crowd. They have closed it previously though.

3 hours ago, The Staxxman said:

I wasn't planning on doing the park and ride anyway, but shocked at how much they are charging for a return bus ticket. I've never done it, but a mate has, and there is no chance he would have paid anywhere near that, so they've definitely hiked it this year.

I also live in walking distance of Lakeside and have always bussed it on the number 2 without any issues. Not going to be an option this year, so the 23 it is. They're running until 1:30 I think on Friday and Saturday, so hopefully that will spread the demand out. It would be worth checking if the stop before Palmerston Road is in use, as that should beat the crowd. They have closed it previously though.

The cost of the park and ride is absolutely shocking.  For a weekend, 2 adults, the costs are 

- parking : £15

- return bus: £70

£85 for the inconvenience of parking miles away is insane. It was only £45 to park next to the festival site last year  

I really hopes the shuttle bus is not 1-2 hour wait after the headliners like last year (with a car park) as there will be riot. Does not feel like they have thought this through properly (or letting commerce win, which will come and bite them in the ass in future years if it is a disaster). 

Edited by Dg_vic

11 hours ago, Dg_vic said:

The cost of the park and ride is absolutely shocking.  For a weekend, 2 adults, the costs are 

- parking : £15

- return bus: £70

£85 for the inconvenience of parking miles away is insane. It was only £45 to park next to the festival site last year  

I really hopes the shuttle bus is not 1-2 hour wait after the headliners like last year (with a car park) as there will be riot. Does not feel like they have thought this through properly (or letting commerce win, which will come and bite them in the ass in future years if it is a disaster). 

Wow, that's ridiculous. It's like they don't want people to come to their festival!

On 8/17/2023 at 8:21 AM, Dg_vic said:

That'll be the Scottish Flys then... a big highlight of a very soggy Tramlines, enjoy!

😉

Edited by sheffinghell

For local people/regulars; given the removal of on-site parking and the strikes, how likely is it that car parks in and around the main central train station will be full on Sunday morning (only coming for the one day)? Have previously used St John’s Cathedral parking but that is already full which has set alarm bells ringing….

I’d thought that ticket sales being down on last years Sam Fender inspired increase might mitigate the above?

Is there any other parking available near the main station that can be pre booked in advance to guarantee a space?

1 hour ago, more matey said:

For local people/regulars; given the removal of on-site parking and the strikes, how likely is it that car parks in and around the main central train station will be full on Sunday morning (only coming for the one day)? Have previously used St John’s Cathedral parking but that is already full which has set alarm bells ringing….

I’d thought that ticket sales being down on last years Sam Fender inspired increase might mitigate the above?

Is there any other parking available near the main station that can be pre booked in advance to guarantee a space?

Try here....

https://www.justpark.com/search?arriving=2023-08-27T09%3A00&coords=50.8197675%2C-1.0879769&filters=reservable&leaving=2023-08-27T23%3A30&listingId=32382&listingType=justpark&place_id=ChIJ6fEUGKRCdEgReTs3A-qDtkU&q=Portsmouth%2C UK

£8.20 for the day....currently! 

58 minutes ago, s30foster said:

Thanks for that. The wording on the site is very vague about whether a space is ‘guaranteed’….fingers crossed. I have my doubts!

Just now, more matey said:

Thanks for that. The wording on the site is very vague about whether a space is ‘guaranteed’….fingers crossed. I have my doubts!

I managed to get one at the Asda car park via Just Park for the full weekend as it's close to the Uni Halls i'm staying at. Think I can park anywhere within that car park. Have used numerous times before with no issue.