2000 Trees 2023

itskinglizard

4 minutes ago, Andrinald said:

FWIW, I do potentially agree with you... But 2019 was quite different to now as looking at the 2019 poster, the higher billed bands were on the Cave back then, whereas (for whatever reason) they seem to have swapped that round in 2022 and 2023.

Lineup-Announcement-04-27_03.19-01-1-724x1024.thumb.jpg.6d7961beb89eb28af465943d99b1aa37.jpg

While She Sleeps headlined The Cave against Frank Turner and Mongol Horder headlined The Axiom against YM@6. Both are the first logo bands after the main headliners. The precedent of bigger bands playing main headliners or Axiom always against the main hasn't really been set yet, it was basically only last year it happened. I reckon they'll just do whatever makes sense for each day this year. 

2 minutes ago, justanothername said:

While She Sleeps headlined The Cave against Frank Turner and Mongol Horder headlined The Axiom against YM@6. Both are the first logo bands after the main headliners. The precedent of bigger bands playing main headliners or Axiom always against the main hasn't really been set yet, it was basically only last year it happened. I reckon they'll just do whatever makes sense for each day this year. 

Ah - so they did! Please accept my apologies on that one...

Guess we'll just have to wait and see who goes where!

2 hours ago, Andrinald said:

FWIW, I do potentially agree with you... But 2019 was quite different to now as looking at the 2019 poster, the higher billed bands were on the Cave back then, whereas (for whatever reason) they seem to have swapped that round in 2022 and 2023.

Lineup-Announcement-04-27_03.19-01-1-724x1024.thumb.jpg.6d7961beb89eb28af465943d99b1aa37.jpg

It basically depends on the size of heavier bands they get, The Cave is always the heavy stage. 

They can switch it whichever way they want really, as only 2 stages are on at a time while the other 2 set up.

Bullets day could be pretty heavy as a whole on main stage so far bar Joyce Manor as Heriot are on main that day, and there's still sub and third down to come that day by the looks of it.

2 hours ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

It basically depends on the size of heavier bands they get, The Cave is always the heavy stage. 

They can switch it whichever way they want really, as only 2 stages are on at a time while the other 2 set up.

Bullets day could be pretty heavy as a whole on main stage so far bar Joyce Manor as Heriot are on main that day, and there's still sub and third down to come that day by the looks of it.

Speaking of those two main slots to fill, who do we reckon? Can only think of The Menzingers and Touche Amore for them. Though I wouldn't be surprised if Joyce Manor were 3rd down, if a little underwhelming.

Also Chelsea Grin are way higher up the poster than Svalbard and Kublai Khan (even Casey are above them) so might even have 2 subs for The Cave to be announced as well?

19 hours ago, justanothername said:

Speaking of those two main slots to fill, who do we reckon? Can only think of The Menzingers and Touche Amore for them. Though I wouldn't be surprised if Joyce Manor were 3rd down, if a little underwhelming.

Also Chelsea Grin are way higher up the poster than Svalbard and Kublai Khan (even Casey are above them) so might even have 2 subs for The Cave to be announced as well?

Employed To Serve's artist page has now been sorted out and they're Friday Cave so presume they're subbing Cancer Bats.

2 hours ago, Pr0paneNightm4re said:

BFMV were woeful at download pilot

but…

Who are we reckoning are the final headliner? 
Personally hoping for Twin Atlantic or Enter Shikari

I think it's gonna be Don Broco unfortunately but I pray I'm wrong, I personally want Weezer more than anything, although I will gladly settle for QOTSA, or The Hives

AFI I wouldn't be fussed about but it's definitely preferable to Broco, and as much as I love them both I think there's no chance it'll be Twin Atlantic or Shikari (if Twin are playing they won't be headlining, they're about on the same level as Deaf Havana and they're not a headliner so) and Shikari are doing Slam Dunk as a headliner so no chance

I don't particularly dislike Don Broco. I've followed them since the early days when they used to stay at my house after local shows. May well watch them depending on clashes if they are the final headliner.

I just think those 3 together make an underwhelming lineup of Main Stage headliners compared to last year and with the context of having AFI booked previously which would be the best possible booking for me personally.

Should also point out that overall I think the line up is ace and I can't wait!

End It and SPY doing shows in Leeds and London on the Sat and Sun of the Trees weekend. Would love for them to be added, though I'm not sure if there is room for them on the line up still.

EDIT: SPY not playing Leeds which is the Sat though it would make less sense if they were playing that day as that day already seems mega stacked

Edited by justanothername

51 minutes ago, justanothername said:

End It and SPY doing shows in Leeds and London on the Sat and Sun of the Trees weekend. Would love for them to be added, though I'm not sure if there is room for them on the line up still.

EDIT: SPY not playing Leeds which is the Sat though it would make less sense if they were playing that day as that day already seems mega stacked

Definitely room. They've got another 20 or 30 bands to announce and I can see End It tearing up The Cave on the same day as Kublai Khan and Zulu

2 hours ago, Gummy de Milo said:

Definitely room. They've got another 20 or 30 bands to announce and I can see End It tearing up The Cave on the same day as Kublai Khan and Zulu

There might be 20-30 but looking at the clashfindee and comparing to last year there is approximately:

Weds - The whole Word stage (7)

Thurs - 2 for Main, 2 for The Cave, 1 for The Axiom (5)

Fri - 5 for Main, 1 for Neu (6)

Sat - no room for anyone except on Forest and Word.

Which for Main, Cave, Axiom and Neu puts us to around 17 left to be announced for those stages and presumably the rest will come from Forest Stage sets (though this is hard to guess as lots of artists do double second sets here). Also worth noting that The Cave and The Axiom both have 9 acts on it for the Saturday. If we're assuming that we don't know what stages are closing this year then (i.e. last Cave had 9 acts per day and Axiom had 8 per day) we might be getting an extra artist per a day. So it's pretty tight at the moment. Though that's pretty irrelevant for End It as I've just seen that they're at Ieper Fest on the Friday. Could do the Thursday but I doubt it.

Edited by justanothername

17 hours ago, iistroudley said:

Why is their a general dislike of Don Broco? Personally think they’re great and been enjoyable everytime I’ve seen them. Not digging out anyone just genuinely curious!

For a lot of folks, myself included, it's because of the allegations that surfaced surrounding their vocalist back in 2017, they charged the victim w defamation and she had to withdraw her statement from the public record and the band gained vast popularity in the years after that incident

The people that were around for and do remember it, many of us have a general distaste for the band ever since

Obvs some people don't believe it, others are completely unaware etc but that is probably why there's such a dislike of them

On 3/10/2023 at 3:27 PM, justanothername said:

Touche Amore fully ruled out now with those tour dates.

Maybe La Dispute could do 3rd on main? Still got their tour in April.