Phone Charging at Glastonbury

Beeswing

Hey, first time to Glastonbury.

Staying in Sticklinch and just wondering about phone charging options over the few days.

Is there somewhere close by to charge phone?

Will I have to wait around and keep an eye on it, till it charges?

Is there much of a queue typically before you can charge your phone?

Or should I bring some sort of powerbank to get a few charges over the few days? If so, any reccomendations on solid, reliable powerbanks.

There is an EE tent you can charge your phone in, but honestly why wait?Β  Get yourself a 20,000 anker power bank or look at the power bank swap EE will be running.Β  A power bank is a useful thing generally so not a bad idea to invest.Β Β 

See all thing EE and charging here:Β https://ee.co.uk/why-ee/glastonbury

Edited by Glast0baby
Typo
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Beeswing said:

Hey, first time to Glastonbury.

Staying in Sticklinch and just wondering about phone charging options over the few days.

Is there somewhere close by to charge phone?

Will I have to wait around and keep an eye on it, till it charges?

Is there much of a queue typically before you can charge your phone?

Or should I bring some sort of powerbank to get a few charges over the few days? If so, any reccomendations on solid, reliable powerbanks.

Thanks πŸ™‚

Get yourself an Anker powerbank, saves you queuing up at the EE tent and missing acts/waiting around when you can be doing fun stuff

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07S829LBX/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A2PGPJL0BBLHLX&th=1

Β 

• Thanks 1

Thanks folks. Based in Ireland and unfortunately Amazon UK or Germany dont deliver electronics to Ireland when I looked to purchase an Anker power bank following the recommendations.Β 

Will look to try pick up a Belkin or something here instead,though the likes of Argos here seem to be out of the main well known power banks too.

Β 

3 hours ago, Beeswing said:

Thanks folks. Based in Ireland and unfortunately Amazon UK or Germany dont deliver electronics to Ireland when I looked to purchase an Anker power bank following the recommendations.Β 

Will look to try pick up a Belkin or something here instead,though the likes of Argos here seem to be out of the main well known power banks too.

Β 

Aldi are flogging a belkin charger from Monday onwards, Β£13 for a 20k thingo charger so probs 3-4 charges of a fairly new mobile πŸ‘πŸ»

I will be kitted out with powerbanks and a solar recharger, but we are a family of 5 and there is the possibility these will run dry, no matter how much I urge everyone to limit their phone use.Β  5 people x 5 days = muchos mAh.

It would still be nice to know how the recharging tent works.

Do you have to wait around while they charge, can't you just come back after a few hours?

Will they charge a powerbank?Β  Ideal if they do this, when one powerbank is spent I could check it in and then pick it up later in the day.

45 minutes ago, NorwayDave said:

I will be kitted out with powerbanks and a solar recharger, but we are a family of 5 and there is the possibility these will run dry, no matter how much I urge everyone to limit their phone use.Β  5 people x 5 days = muchos mAh.

Do you have to wait around while they charge, can't you just come back after a few hours?

Will they charge a powerbank?Β  Ideal if they do this, when one powerbank is spent I could check it in and then pick it up later in the day.

The EE tent, you queue to get in, and then sit and wait while your device charges. I don't believe you can charge a power bank in there but if you did it would take several hours. They will be doing power bank swaps, think you buy one for Β£15 and then you can swap it once per day for free. But I think these are only 5000mAh batteries, so will barely fully charge a modern phone.

In years gone by there was a guy in the craft field (or maybe Undle Ground), he had a van and a load of solar panels, and you could leave your phone/power bank with him and he would charge them for you. Think it was Β£5 for a phone and Β£10 for a power bank.Β 

• Like 1

On 6/11/2022 at 6:40 AM, joeruss said:

Get yourself an Anker powerbank, saves you queuing up at the EE tent and missing acts/waiting around when you can be doing fun stuff

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07S829LBX/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A2PGPJL0BBLHLX&th=1

Β 

πŸ’― this πŸ‘†I’ve had one for years (following recommendations on this forum). Not failed me yet. Best investment ever.

On 6/11/2022 at 10:07 PM, Beeswing said:

Β 

Any possibility of using a UK Amazon Locker (N. Ireland) and picking it up?

On 6/12/2022 at 10:48 AM, NorwayDave said:

The best advise I can give is to tell everybody to switch off their phones on return to base - charging while asleep will only drain your limited power - charge before sleep and on wake up

On 6/12/2022 at 10:48 AM, NorwayDave said:

I'm just imagining you, pulling your hair out as you look across to constant TikToks. I had a similar experience sat behind a dad and lad at the football recently, where the Dad was begging his child to take his eyes off his phone and watch the match 🀣.

I've charged powerbanks at lots of stalls over the years, where you pay them some money, drop it off and collect later. This year, I'm hoping to be armed with so much power that I won't need to do that but lets see!