Campsite Poll

gfa

Campsites Poll  

293 members have voted

1. 1. Where is your favourite area to camp at Glastonbury?

• Zone 1 (Central Campsites)
    • Zone 2 (South West Corner)
    • Zone 3 (North West Corner)
    • Zone 4 (John Peel Campsites)
    • Zone 5 (Pyramid Field)
    • Campervans
    • Worthy View
    • Staff Camping
    • Offsite/other?
  2. 2. Bonus Question - do you change campsites a lot or stick to one

• I stick to the same campsite generally
    • I have camped in a fair amount of different places

First in 98 was with 14 year old son so family camping NE above kidz field

99 Friday arrival with son and friends. Couldn't fit into family so carried open tents across to far NW corner on a slope up near fence

Next 2/3 of fests in Michaels Mead or thereabouts 

Then took the plunge into Pennards for the next 4-5 fests including the infamous floods of 2005.

Since then tended around Paines Ground and probably will be there this year (no ticket for the last two but back this year) 

Will never ever ever camp in the valley bottom flat areas north of the rail line eg Oxlyers. I've seen that area looking like a lake on far too many occasions 

Always used to go gate D and head to Dairy/Paines. Was fine until the Spider relocated to basically over the hedge from us!

I missed 17. 19/22 were in Cockmill as the group had kids with us. This year we’ve no kids but really liked Cockmill, so going to try and head to gate B and aim for Big Ground. Hoping that we get in early enough that it’s not packed and we end up on the steep bit!  We’ll be in the queue from early - maybe 4:00am - but I’d welcome anyone’s thoughts on whether or not we’ll get a decent spot for 6 tents!

On 6/6/2023 at 8:52 AM, Justcalledtosay said:

Every time i've walked through Pennards, i always think that it looks like hell to camp in. Couldn't do it at my age anymore i'm only 38.

It doesn’t look any different from any of the inner fields, though. It’s tent city wherever you camp unless you’re on the peripherals. 

just confirming that the campsite boundary near woodsies / is the 2 triangles of Lower mead ... so the campsite is now tiny and there is green hoarding erected as a boundary between that and the hospitality campsite . had someone onsite check that for us last night . not very clear on the map 

Screenshot 2023-06-11 at 12.07.01.png