Kalorama 2022

gfa

2 hours ago, Tigane said:

The venue the festival will happen is the same  Rock in Rio Lisbon happens,  and  RIR  usually put 100k  people in the attendance.  So that is another reason i believe there will be at least bands similar in size/hype, as Arctic Monkeys. but let's see what will happen.

I get your point. Parque da Bela vista is a big venue, which may indicate that they prepared a festival that can accommodate a lot of people.

However, and looking for the headliners that we have already in Portugal, I do not expect a 100k festival (nor 50k; maybe 40k will be more reasonable). Pearl Jam are touring Europe in June/July, so probably not coming.

Muse are a possibility (by the moment, European tours are around June/July.

RATM are another possibility (but with them probably postponing US tour...not sure if they will).

Both? For the price, I don't think, but...

Maybe someone is still waiting to announce tour, but...

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/6/2022 at 12:33 PM, gfa said:

Still nothing 😞 

All festivals in Portugal are quiet , except for Super Bock Super Rock.  

Even Nos Alive that was announcing 2-3 names per week has gone also quiet

Maybe they are waiting for how the pandemic is going

Edited by Tigane

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Had my eye on this since it was announced… for a new festival their social media is awfully quiet, almost worryingly so. You’d think they’d want to make a big deal of it & get the rest of the lineup out asap

Hopefully they get a move on soon - it is quite late in the year but yeah very annoying

On 2/28/2022 at 7:27 AM, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Had my eye on this since it was announced… for a new festival their social media is awfully quiet, almost worryingly so. You’d think they’d want to make a big deal of it & get the rest of the lineup out asap

You presume something will be announced sooner rather than later. But yes this has been super quiet.

fucks sake would have gone to this instead if they announced chems originally. hope we get a decent amount of these names - same company so hopefully lots of crossover and an announcement very very soon

image.png

Edited by gfa

3 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Interesting that they’ve got Chemical Brothers & Kraftwerk on the same day, that would suggest another headliner is due for this, hopefully not Liam Gallagher though. 

edit: Liam is playing rock in Rio Lisbon - hopefully that rules him out. 

Theres still no date for chems or kraftwerk - AM are the Friday on their website so nothing ruled out yet.

Given its the same promoter and Chems/Kraftwerk are doing tons of festivals this year as a double header it seems pretty likely though. Honestly until today thought they were our 3 headliners and for £80 cannot complain one bit

9 hours ago, gfa said:

Theres still no date for chems or kraftwerk - AM are the Friday on their website so nothing ruled out yet.

Given its the same promoter and Chems/Kraftwerk are doing tons of festivals this year as a double header it seems pretty likely though. Honestly until today thought they were our 3 headliners and for £80 cannot complain one bit

Chems will be on the Thursday if the Electric Picnic leak is true. 

25 minutes ago, DDave said:

Chems will be on the Thursday if the Electric Picnic leak is true. 

Thats just the 2020 lineup copied over on Bands in Town.

Really hoping its chems closing the festival to be honest

On 1/17/2022 at 8:27 PM, MeMeMeM said:

I get your point. Parque da Bela vista is a big venue, which may indicate that they prepared a festival that can accommodate a lot of people.

However, and looking for the headliners that we have already in Portugal, I do not expect a 100k festival (nor 50k; maybe 40k will be more reasonable). Pearl Jam are touring Europe in June/July, so probably not coming.

Muse are a possibility (by the moment, European tours are around June/July.

RATM are another possibility (but with them probably postponing US tour...not sure if they will).

Both? For the price, I don't think, but...

Maybe someone is still waiting to announce tour, but...

My money would be on Arcade Fire, they were booked for one of only 2 festival appearences in 2016 at BBK (same organisers I believe) then did a full World tour the year after. Could be a chance they could do the same this year.

On 3/2/2022 at 1:21 PM, gfa said:

fucks sake would have gone to this instead if they announced chems originally. hope we get a decent amount of these names - same company so hopefully lots of crossover and an announcement very very soon

image.png

I think if they announce most of the bands, which they most likely will, Liam aside then I think Lisbon will be the better experience. More hotels, a site that's used to festivals and better transportation. I can see the Mijas one being a bit of a nightmare logistics wise. 

1 hour ago, DDave said:

I think if they announce most of the bands, which they most likely will, Liam aside then I think Lisbon will be the better experience. More hotels, a site that's used to festivals and better transportation. I can see the Mijas one being a bit of a nightmare logistics wise. 

Lets see I guess - we got a great Airbnb so very excited regardless

On 3/2/2022 at 1:21 PM, gfa said:

image.png

I'd have thought there would be crossover between the two and that this is a trailer that a lot of the acts doing this are also coming to Kalorama when they eventually announce the thing.

13 hours ago, charlierc said:

I'd have thought there would be crossover between the two and that this is a trailer that a lot of the acts doing this are also coming to Kalorama when they eventually announce the thing.

Hopefully although on the first page of this thread someone said Portugese festivals dont cross over which rules a few of the big ones out e.g. Hot Chip

4 hours ago, gfa said:

Hopefully although on the first page of this thread someone said Portugese festivals dont cross over which rules a few of the big ones out e.g. Hot Chip

Certainly Mad Cool has pretty little crossover with NOS Alive despite the two taking place concurrently. So it's not that unheard of.

Back in the day there'd often be a headliner showing up at T in the Park or Oxegen without playing the other even though Kinross to Kildare wasn't necessarily the longest trek.

7 hours ago, gfa said:

Hardly anything added - so weak vs Cala Mijas

For me it added the only names i wanted to see at Cala Mijas, so it is perfect for me.

However this line up made me think that maybe Chemical Brothers and Kraftwerk will also be headliners. Let's see what more will be added in the future 

8 minutes ago, Tigane said:

For me it added the only names i wanted to see at Cala Mijas, so it is perfect for me.

However this line up made me think that maybe Chemical Brothers and Kraftwerk will also be headliners. Let's see what more will be added in the future 

Unfortunately I agree - which is a shame as honestly it makes Kalorama look weak in comparison (would have quite liked Liam)