Kalorama 2022

gfa

2 hours ago, bananaa52 said:

how was it last night? I am reading a lot of complains on their instagram page 

No issues for me perfect setup honestly - what were the complaints?

stage setup was quite weird with the 2nd stage basically in the main stage’s field so maybe that and womens toilet queues looked quite long

Edited by gfa

13 minutes ago, gfa said:

No issues for me perfect setup honestly - what were the complaints?

stage setup was quite weird with the 2nd stage basically in the main stage’s field so maybe that and womens toilet queues looked quite long

main complaints i read were poor sound quality in kraftwerk and moderat and the interrumption of 2manydjs show

16 hours ago, bananaa52 said:

main complaints i read were poor sound quality in kraftwerk and moderat and the interrumption of 2manydjs show

We didn’t watch 2manydjs but it did seem ridiculously short. It was only in a 90m gap between years and years + chems - from my memory over at kraftwerk it only lasted like 20 minutes

Enjoyed Kalorama but would say I liked rather than loved the festival.

Pros - Lisbon is a great city and people are friendly, saw zero trouble (other than a hammered British couple having an almighty row!) Festival isn't a huge slog time/energy-wise (was doing 8pm-2am and skipping the early acts) so spent a lot of time at the pool or doing more touristy stuff like venturing into town and got to Sintra and Cascais too. The main stage was a natural bowl so worked really well.

Cons - Second and third stages weren't very good, either location or orientation-wise (second stage is on about a 45 degree angle dropping off from left to right), there was a lot of sound bleed when they overlapped with the main stage and they ended up pulling the 2manydjs/Tiga set because of the sound issues between main/second. Personally I'd have the second stage face the main stage and alternate them with no overlap a la Primavera/Reading, it's their first festival so prepared to give them a pass on that and you assume they'd work on that for future editions. Ladies toilets queues were a bit long but the gents were all cubicles so we just headed there together and walked straight in every time. Didn't eat on site so couldn't comment on that but walked past some really long queues on Friday when it was rammed for Arctic Monkeys. 

Would definitely wait on line up before thinking about booking again, I like the fact it's a late Summer one with decent weather but if they share a lot of line up again I can see myself trying Cala Mijas just for the variety.

• Upvote 1

I didnt like the festival at all. The grounds are terrible and the space is very poorly utilized. Too few bathrooms and the stages are way too close to each other. And the dust, THE DUST. Ornatos and Nick Cave were both really really great but for AM the crowd was dead, much better when they played Nos Alive back in 2018.

Loved the setup when it was quieter, plenty of bars and amazing pricing. 

However the trek to the toilets from the main stage area was horrific up that hill, plus the dust as has been previously mentioned.  

The toilets and food bit near the main enterance was also massively over populated due to being where it was. They need to do something to attract people to other food areas to shorten the queues.