Wireless Festival 2022

TGCarr

Given he seems to be lined up for Glastonbury but not much else is known about his tour (if there is one) this year, I’m wondering if there’s a chance Kendrick Lamar is headlining Wireless too? He’s not as big a ticket seller as Drake or Kanye but he’s a big name and it would fit with them announcing slightly later this year than usual. 

Even though it won't be this summer, Dave I think is a great shout for headlining 2023 (if Glasto don't scoop him first). Saw him again last night in Nottingham, and I really don't know how he goes from strength to strength with each performance, probably the best set I have seen from him so far, and his production was fantastic! Would make an incredible headline set, especially with how good Parklife was too last year!

40 minutes ago, TGCarr said:

Wow. Strawberries & Cream have nailed it again.

Lil fucking Wayne 🔥🔥🔥

https://twitter.com/SandCFestival/status/1494250514107748352?t=oROk6_daT3i8IwLpDSVong&s=19

for the size of that festival... its quite possibly one of the best lineups this year imo, i am very impressed with it. 3/4 headliners being female too is class - tempted to book a ticket because loads of names on there i LOVE! 

not to mention lil wayne as a european exclusive - HUGE!!

2 hours ago, TGCarr said:

Wireless have definitely got Drake or Ye headlining. 

I really hope they do, they'd be huge gets from the usual repeat bookings of Skepta, Migos and ASAP. Just don't want to set myself up for disappointment. 

Doja Cat / Drake or Ye (UK Festival Exclusive) / Stormzy (or something like that), with support from The Kid Laroi, Central Cee, Aitch, Gunna etc would be very very strong - and a pretty fast sellout I'd imagine, especially with multiple events to sell. 

I guess for the headliner pool they have got an (arguably) pretty large one now: Drake, Ye, Kendrick Lamar (seems like he will be at Glasto though, maybe exclusive unless he is at BST which seems unlikely), Post Malone, Stormzy, Jorja Smith, Dave (at R&L, so ruled out I'd imagine), WizKid (already tied to an exclusive London show), Chris Brown, Travis Scott (probably won't be back for a little while), Doja Cat, Megan Thee Stallion, Tyler, The Creator (not Parklife exclusive), J. Cole, ASAP Rocky, Skepta, Migos, Cardi B and loads more I've missed.

Quite a few acts getting the momentum of headline status too at the moment such as AJ Tracey, Giggs, etc and I guess Megan Thee Stallion - but would be a weird choice with her headlining R&L, subbing Parklife and Longitude.

Interested to see who we end up getting, hopefully some news soon, but it seems this teasing on their socials has been going on for months now, so I guess they must be pretty confident it'll sell well and won't be a slow burner like last year. 

2 hours ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

Not gonna lie I'll quite the outrage when they've booked none of them big names, the line up is shit, yet still sells out straight away 

I'm with you on this.

Delayed announcement, appearing to be bigging themselves beyond the norm as well.

Can't do all this just for Asap or J Cole.

Strawberries & Parklife pulled out 2 stellar UK exclusives with 50 & Lil Wayne. They've got to do something big 

Long time lurker, first time poster. Wanted to share a few bits as actually used to work on some of the marketing for Wireless in my old job -  I don't know anything about this year though just giving my POV!

Really hope I'm wrong but I just can't see them having Kanye. He would be such a monumental scoop for them but he and has been pretty much impossible to book for nearly a decade now. Especially at a festival as there are certain staging and time constraints. Ye hasn't done a live show in the UK for getting on for a decade now and I think if/when he does return it would probably be his own thing at the o2 or maybe even BST. He's risky as well as there is always a risk that he could bail last minute. In which case you're gonna have a lot of angry customers and it's gonna be a real struggle to find an adequate replacement. I really really hope I'm wrong as have been waiting my whole life to see him - but my hopes aren't up.

Drake seems a lot more feasible and would explain their cockiness on socials when talking about what they've got planned but I'm still not sure they'd be able to get him either. I do think we're looking more at: Rocky/Cole/Post/Tyler/Skepta/MTS/maybe Kendrick or The Weeknd.

Also, just my POV, but seems like BS this whole 2/3 locations thing. Just don't see the market for it w/ so many other festivals going big this summer and seems like it would be a real logistical nightmare for them as well. Could be wrong though but doesn't make much sense to me.