Wide Awake 2022

balthazarstarbuck

Food decent if pricey. Lots vegan options again :-):-):-)

Slight sound bleed again abit sadly with tents too close. It's been nicely busy all day not rammo in the tents. Everyone so far very chilled. 

Big thanks to schoolyb for saving the day & indeed our weekend 🙂

Hope everyone has a good time today & tomorrow...

Edited by Raspberry
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, collectivisedfarming said:

The set times changing on some of the stages was a bit irritating but really enjoyed Mandy, Indiana and Scalping. Doesn't feel that busy, I wonder how many tickets they sold in the end. 

Yeah Scalping came on pretty late around 6pm. Sounded good though. Busy enough to feel fun for us & bonus of being quiet enough no massive queues for anything all day 🙂

1 hour ago, stereodista said:

Trainers. It’s totally firm. 

^^^ This. Lots folk in sandals on Friday & even saw a few with bare feet! My converse were fine. Even the portaloo situation was pretty ok. Paper & hand sanitizer in most of them. Even at 10pm. Impressive. Hahaha

14 hours ago, Raspberry said:

Very lax on entry. Fast track queue for those with no bags. Airport scanner waved over the body. Not interested in checking our rucksack or hand bags at all. Might have been our lane though looked pretty relaxed everywhere. Ha!

One drug dog (singlular) on way in Brixton entrance. Couple bored plods 

Brewery alley £7 a pint £3,50 half.

Main bars £6 lagers or cider, £8 wine , £7 hard seltzer cans, £7,50 absolut vodka  or beefeater gin. Both premixed cans.

Carton water £2,50. £2,50 also  Cokecola, 7up or orange or apple.

Cocktail van was £10,50 a drink just not that great sadly.

Just piggybacking off this very helpful comment. 

Came through Herne Hill entrance around 4:30pm, no queue to get in just a quick wallet check from security but basically just opened it up and then shut it. Quick pat down then walked past the sniffers who may as well have been sleeping. (Probs because the sun was beaming).

Barely any queue for the bars, really well staffed and all the cans of lager were cold which was great. 

Normally I feel these events can attract a lot of dickheads but everyone was really friendly and met some really good people. 

Optima was my highlight, played a crowd pleasing set, enjoyed caribou too. Overmono were decent but didn't blow me away. Bicep show was really great.

This was x100 better than last year's event and I'm definitely considering going again today if I can get cheap tickets.

• Like 2

Having really enjoyed the Friday of this, the Saturday turned out to be a bit of a let down. They still hadn't built the second outdoor stage so some acts from that got shunted onto other stages and they had to redo the set times at short notice for the others. In fairness they communicated this as well as they could and reasonably promptly, but not in time for the first bands on the Bad Vibrations stage. Feel like they need to tighten things up next year as the Friday also had issues with set times being moved and stages and tents not being open when they were supposed to be.

The sound on the main stage for Amy and The Sniffers and then Primal Scream was really poor and made the latter particularly difficult to enjoy. Really enjoyed Katy J Pearson who was on earlier, and Comet is Coming who played some new stuff. Nation of Language in the tent were probably my highlight. Faye Webster was let down by poor sound and a lot of people talking. I also saw Sorry, Fat White Family and Kevin Morby who were all decent. 

14 minutes ago, collectivisedfarming said:

Having really enjoyed the Friday of this, the Saturday turned out to be a bit of a let down. They still hadn't built the second outdoor stage so some acts from that got shunted onto other stages and they had to redo the set times at short notice for the others. In fairness they communicated this as well as they could and reasonably promptly, but not in time for the first bands on the Bad Vibrations stage. Feel like they need to tighten things up next year as the Friday also had issues with set times being moved and stages and tents not being open when they were supposed to be.

The sound on the main stage for Amy and The Sniffers and then Primal Scream was really poor and made the latter particularly difficult to enjoy. Really enjoyed Katy J Pearson who was on earlier, and Comet is Coming who played some new stuff. Nation of Language in the tent were probably my highlight. Faye Webster was let down by poor sound and a lot of people talking. I also saw Sorry, Fat White Family and Kevin Morby who were all decent. 

Felt this, the sound on the main stage certainly got worse the further the day went on? Which I found odd.

TCIC and Special Interest (honestly one of the best live acts around atm) were certainly the highlights of the day. Yard Act were fine but I feel I'm at a point with them where I've gotten everything I could get out of them.

Saw Modern Woman in the tent and have to say I was very disappointed with the way they were treated by the festival. Massive soundbleed from the imo pointless gazebo that was at one point just playing slowed down versions of generic cheese and had their set almost slashed in half. 

The Bad Vibrations stage not being open was a pisser and meant we had to miss Tropical Fuck Storm who tbh were one of the acts we were most excited to see. 

For the price I think last year's edition was more than worth it. This time round probably not. 

Hopefully they sort out the problems for next year.