2023 Festival

TheWaters

1 minute ago, VCK said:

When the crowd can't even get up for an R&L staple like Frank Turner, you know the festival isn't what it used to be. Like night and day compared to his 2013 set.

I bet the first acts on in 2013 had similar if not smaller crowds than Frank got yesterday. Obviously he's gonna have a bigger crowd when he's playing at 5pm and at the height of his career.

22 minutes ago, VCK said:

When the crowd can't even get up for an R&L staple like Frank Turner, you know the festival isn't what it used to be. Like night and day compared to his 2013 set.

The crowd for him was good by about halfway through. And I’ve seen countless bands over the years play to hardly anyone when they’re first on. He had a pretty good crowd for the slot he had. 

27 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I bet the first acts on in 2013 had similar if not smaller crowds than Frank got yesterday. Obviously he's gonna have a bigger crowd when he's playing at 5pm and at the height of his career.

Ahh, 2013. Bury Tomorrow and While She Sleeps both opening days on the Main Stage when they were two of the most exciting new bands in the country. What a year.

Edited by Andre91

4 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

True, but he also opened the Main Stage in 2016 and his crowd seemed a little better then.

3 hours ago, thatTFBguy said:

Seeing lots of positive takes on Fender last night. 5 stars in NME and plenty of buzz on Twitter. Just to balance out the grumbling on here. 

Sam Fender could spent 90 minutes reading the Wikipedia entry for 'beige' and the NME and Twitter would hail it as groundbreaking.

5 hours ago, thatTFBguy said:

Seeing lots of positive takes on Fender last night. 5 stars in NME and plenty of buzz on Twitter. Just to balance out the grumbling on here. 

Its an opinion, just because you dont agree with it doesnt make it grumbling. He was boring...his performance vocally was fine but it itself was as dull as they come.

9 minutes ago, wghennessy said:

He's on top form.

I don’t want to be that guy but I heard them in late 2012 and was all in and then watched them play the FR tent in 2013 about ten people deep outside the tent and now I’ve just seen them go from strength to strength to strength. To see this material now, half of which I didn’t expect to hear again, is absolutely amazing. 

GOD BLESS THE 1975

• Upvote 2