Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi all, even if going ahead this year, it will be a risk too much for us. Hopefully see you all in the fields for an efest beery meet up in 22. If you hitting it this year, have a belter and stay safe.

Rob x

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have had my 1st jab, 2nd will be next month. More concerned with the potential amount of people there who might not have had theirs though. Maybe I am being overly risk averse but decision made.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, bottonrob said:

I have had my 1st jab, 2nd will be next month. More concerned with the potential amount of people there who might not have had theirs though. Maybe I am being overly risk averse but decision made.

You guys in your 80’s have been lucky to get in quick good to hear your all sorted mate.

I honestly feel there could be a lot of disappointment over events in July August! The government have given us a road map out of this but there haven’t yet said what will be the plan for major events with face masks and testing and if you’ve been vaccinated. As you say the 18 to 29 year olds probably won’t have been done and the under 18’s aren’t being done at all .

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/27/2021 at 12:35 PM, moz4pm said:

I'm gonna go, I'm 35 and should have had first jab and possibly second before Kendal.

I'm the same but I'm able to isolate beforehand if any testing is needed. There's no way we're getting in without either having had both vaccines or a negative test. And it'll be spreading unchecked by then so much more chance of testing positive even after vaccination  

I'm not entirely sure why it's a big deal but that's surely what the conditions will be. One vaccine and I'll happily go to any event and even be around unvaccinated people.  I'd do it without any vaccine at all if it was just my own health but the vaccine is 0% about me and 100% about protecting others! 

Edited by efcfanwirral
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/27/2021 at 12:35 PM, moz4pm said:

I'm gonna go, I'm 35 and should have had first jab and possibly second before Kendal.

 

10 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

I'm the same but I'm able to isolate beforehand if any testing is needed. There's no way we're getting in without either having had both vaccines or a negative test. And it'll be spreading unchecked by then so much more chance of testing positive even after vaccination  

I'm not entirely sure why it's a big deal but that's surely what the conditions will be. One vaccine and I'll happily go to any event and even be around unvaccinated people.  I'd do it without any vaccine at all if it was just my own health but the vaccine is 0% about me and 100% about protecting others! 

At this moment at 35 to get both vaccines and have the 3 week settling in period isn't looking where it needs to be for Kendall. I imagine many uni goers attend and they will be at the very end of the end of July thing. At this moment 10th August I believe is where we are at for 2nd vaccines though I see 30s getting it before then. But there after comes a 3 week period. I don't think anything before middle August at the very least will survive. I don't think the government sanction, official health and safety, councils or insurance will pass it.

I'm in the same boat btw too.

As has been said even by the Reading Council, the festival has not been approved yet. They have just used the Governments dates to market a sell out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

 

As has been said even by the Reading Council, the festival has not been approved yet. They have just used the Governments dates to market a sell out.

Thats normal isn't it? I remember Glastonbury having to beg for a license every year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thetime said:

Thats normal isn't it? I remember Glastonbury having to beg for a license every year.

Different for this year though I'd say. As a festival to have missed out last year and being a profit driven festival their costs are now covered.

Business wise they've taken advantage and even they know it's not a guarantee.

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Different for this year though I'd say. As a festival to have missed out last year and being a profit driven festival their costs are now covered.

Business wise they've taken advantage and even they know it's not a guarantee.

My point being that a licence isn't permitted until closer to the event. 

Business wise they all have taken advantage of the government's words last week, festivals had no choice. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, thetime said:

My point being that a licence isn't permitted until closer to the event. 

Business wise they all have taken advantage of the government's words last week, festivals had no choice. 

Agreed on all accounts. I'm not saying taking advantage in a way of undermining. I'll make that clear but I think many have taken it as its going ahead 100% and that's not the case.

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, LOCHLAND5 said:

Gonna say this now controversial I know but Kendal won’t happen this year ! The fact the government has extended furlough tells its own story. 

You could be right, as far as I'm aware none of Superstruct festivals have announced the lineup as of yet(truck, tramlines, kendal, southwest in the UK). 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, thetime said:

You could be right, as far as I'm aware none of Superstruct festivals have announced the lineup as of yet(truck, tramlines, kendal, southwest in the UK). 

Standon calling are superstruct I think .

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Agreed on all accounts. I'm not saying taking advantage in a way of undermining. I'll make that clear but I think many have taken it as its going ahead 100% and that's not the case.

I do think that helping our favourites sell out is a good thing (for those who can afford it) - even if they don't happen then it can help them roll over, and then we save money next year like a "free" festival summer. That's the basis I'm ordering tickets on anyway 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone who likes the music at Kendal this is a good one as an alternative (or an addition!), and may be able to go ahead with a smaller capacity, in the 1k region. Latest tweet said they're putting final tickets on sale tomorrow - I got mine last week. Went for the first time 2019 and it's got a kendal vibe 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/4/2021 at 12:48 PM, LOCHLAND5 said:

Gonna say this now controversial I know but Kendal won’t happen this year ! The fact the government has extended furlough tells its own story. 

Saw some activity here and got a flutter of excitement. 

Then you go and ruin it Lochman  😔 

I think there’s a chance. Got email yesterday for one up near Glasgow same weekend. No camping right enough but was thinking could be some crossover with the lineups.

Will try and post the link...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...