news & politics:discussion

zahidf

45 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

I am quite happy to debate - but you never are and never have been (the 'When will Covid end' thread shows that all too clearly, as do all of your replies to Crazyfool and others where you make no attempt to have any debate and simply dismiss what they say and when they question you the insults start.

You may be a very underworked Tech Consultant who likes to spend 90% of the day on internet forums but your grasp on any sport of reality is slack to say the least.

Your talk of people reacting to 'what you call noise is really quite pathetic and is the angle used by people with little or no ability or real opinion - dismiss what the other side says in what ever way you can as quickly as you can...... that goes back to the use of woke as an insult and as you have been doing, suggesting all that people want to do is cancel things. No proof, you a throw away comment that really means nothing and is used all the time by people whose arguments have failed - see Rees-Mogg any time anywhere for numerous examples.

I am happy to debate, always................. but when I show proof to back up what I say then acceptance or debate on that proof is how it works and not your simple dismissal of it as, for want of better words, Fake News.

You love to try and create anger, you love to try and troll but you are not very good at either and in time you will vanish from here again and go off to one or more of the other social media forums you live on and try there instead.

I don't expect and sensical reply to this................ I know what I expect and it will likely arrive in a very short space of time.

You are aware this is full of personal attacks? 

I wouldn't watch GB News (nor would I expect it to be played in my workplace - but I doubt it would get played anyway) - but having a debate on whether or not someone can decide if someone else should watch it in work is absolutely fair game. 

If Barry is a troll because you don't like how he words his posts (or you dont like what believes), then so are most of the people in this thread 😂 

43 minutes ago, cellar said:

You are aware this is full of personal attacks? 

I wouldn't watch GB News (nor would I expect it to be played in my workplace - but I doubt it would get played anyway) - but having a debate on whether or not someone can decide if someone else should watch it in work is absolutely fair game. 

If Barry is a troll because you don't like how he words his posts (or you dont like what believes), then so are most of the people in this thread 😂 

I suggest you go have a read of the thread I referred to - it will tell you all you need to know about the Fish Man and what they really are. You will also see that so very many people found it to be true as well...........

or you could just back the Fish Man and take it that the rest of the people here are all trolls here only to make the fish unhappy.

I don’t think many people go randomly looking for news and end up on GBNews and suddenly start hating immigrants, Meghan and suddenly start caring how you define a woman. I think the people who watch are generally people who just want their own echo chamber. 

No problem either if Jez, Mayor Driscoll and Owen Jones set up their own lefty news channel. I’m not sure echo chambers (on either side ) are healthy, but not sure I would legislate to stop them.  One of my favourite patients is a big GBNews fan, I just move the conversation to other things and we get on fine.

Just now, Nobody Interesting said:

I suggest you go have a read of the thread I referred to - it will tell you all you need to know about the Fish Man and what they really are. You will also see that so very many people found it to be true as well...........

or you could just back the Fish Man and take it that the rest of the people here are all trolls here only to make the fish unhappy.

I read the thread at the time (I've referenced doing so in this thread), I just didn't post in it. I think there were more people contributing to its legendary bin fire status than just Barry.

I'm not "just backing the Fish Man" either, I'm just saying it how I see it. Lots of people say nasty things in here, veiled in whatever whatever way. Nor do I think that people are just trolling Barry to make him unhappy. 

2 minutes ago, cellar said:

I read the thread at the time (I've referenced doing so in this thread), I just didn't post in it. I think there were more people contributing to its legendary bin fire status than just Barry.

I'm not "just backing the Fish Man" either, I'm just saying it how I see it. Lots of people say nasty things in here, veiled in whatever whatever way. Nor do I think that people are just trolling Barry to make him unhappy. 

Well as you read it then you know that Barry the Fish Man attacked anyone and everyone and even changed his opinion to do so on many occasions - the day he went after me he even contradicted himself of posts within minutes of each other just so he could attack more than one person.

He spent months doing it to dozens of people every day and at times was more than nasty, I shall say bigoted for want of using  a stronger term - but you would know that having read it 

That is how trolls operate and thus one can only come to one conclusion.

Anyway, now I know there ignore function is there I shall never see what he posts again.

8 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Well as you read it then you know that Barry the Fish Man attacked anyone and everyone and even changed his opinion to do so on many occasions - the day he went after me he even contradicted himself of posts within minutes of each other just so he could attack more than one person.

He spent months doing it to dozens of people every day and at times was more than nasty, I shall say bigoted for want of using  a stronger term - but you would know that having read it 

That is how trolls operate and thus one can only come to one conclusion.

Anyway, now I know there ignore function is there I shall never see what he posts again.

I already said what I know (or think) to be the case, which is that there was a lot of stuff going on in that thread from all angles. It was a pretty rubbish time for a lot of people, so it's understandable. Seemed like a place a lot of people went to vent, or find comfort.

Your definition of troll isn't what I would define as a troll, but I guess we don't need to play semantics. My biggest problem with all of this is that people in this thread (you included) have attacked him for making personal attacks, whilst personally attacking him yourself. 

Honestly it just seems like people are holding onto a grudge - just let it go! You don't actually even know the guy! 

12 minutes ago, cellar said:

I already said what I know (or think) to be the case, which is that there was a lot of stuff going on in that thread from all angles. It was a pretty rubbish time for a lot of people, so it's understandable. Seemed like a place a lot of people went to vent, or find comfort.

Your definition of troll isn't what I would define as a troll, but I guess we don't need to play semantics. My biggest problem with all of this is that people in this thread (you included) have attacked him for making personal attacks, whilst personally attacking him yourself. 

Honestly it just seems like people are holding onto a grudge - just let it go! You don't actually even know the guy! 

my observation over the years is that those who complain about personal attacks are often the first to do them.

• Upvote 1