news & politics:discussion

zahidf

Just now, steviewevie said:

errr...ok...so if we accept that and mortgage rates are supposed to impact businesses and not home owners...that means the risk of unemployment and recession etc even higher?

They’re trying to increase unemployment and potentially cause a recession. That’s what they’re doing. Cause they know that’s better than high inflation 

1 minute ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Read back its everyone dishing abuse ... and everyone reporting that abuse , including you at points .  hence the look in the mirror post that applies to everyone .... ( and yes Im aware you not been on here for a bit ) 

I would like to say now that I have never reported anyone.

So there. 

2 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Having been 'fished' in the past I have to say this comment really is spot on.

A tech consultant who loves to be nasty for the sheer sake of it.................. and fishy man even turns on those 'on his side' after  awhile when all the others ignore him.

Love this thread definition of a troll too - someone who does not agree with 'our view' and we can label 'left'.

If I could be bothered I could now, with huge ease, find quotes from dozens of economic groups including the ONS all of which say that Brexit has had a negative effect on the UK economy and has had an effect keeping our inflation higher...................... but I will likely just get insulted as that is, and has always been, the go to of leaver lovers.

and as for the attitude seemingly just because they are women of some recent posts - shameful.

By y'all

This is a very accurate post. The mods should stand up to people like him rather than try to be their friend.

I hope you stick around as your views/knowledge on inflation etc have been very worthwhile. 

Feel like it’s harsh to have a go at crazyfool, he tries his best to be polite and fair.

I can admit I’m not always an angel here but ozanne is the most annoying man I’ve ever met I can’t resist calling him an incel on occasion. Stevie again is just a bizarre man who essentially just sides with ozanne when he disagrees with him just so he has someone to talk to. That’s my take on it anyway.

It’s bizarre tho that the two of them totally ignore the damage they do to this thread regularly and think they aren’t guilty of trolling at all. Like have some self awareness ffs!

Just now, Ozanne said:

The mods should stand up to people like him rather than try to be their friend.

have you asked Iggy about becoming one ? what would you do ? would you ban everyone ? just intrigued as to how things would be done better remembering if there is just one view point then there is no discussion . If I banned everyone that would have meant you also for shouting Tory at people .... 

3 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

have you asked Iggy about becoming one ? what would you do ? would you ban everyone ? just intrigued as to how things would be done better remembering if there is just one view point then there is no discussion . If I banned everyone that would have meant you also for shouting Tory at people .... 

Can I be a mod?

10 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

errr...ok...so if we accept that and mortgage rates are supposed to impact businesses and not home owners...that means the risk of unemployment and recession etc even higher?

businesses tend not to have mortgages.

2 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

No I haven’t as I doubt he would want me as one. One thing is I would ban people that are overly aggressive all the time if they don’t change their behaviour. But it’s not about me.

Take a look at the point when he came back this afternoon and you’ll see his impact on this thread which has been highlighted by 3 people.

f**k that.

I just want to ban that fish dickhead and the bentos knobman.

Completely off-topic but I only just realised that the forum automatically puts * in swear words, I thought people did that and so I put mine in manually 😆

yes, they borrow and so those rate rises affect them and they either pass on cost to customer or pay workers less or sack them....and that can lead to a recession...

they borrow and are effected, and look for where they can make savings, savings which don't necessarily cause a reduction in turnover,(if they can find them, the IR rise is a kick up the arse to do better).

4 minutes ago, Neil said:

they borrow and are effected, and look for where they can make savings, savings which don't necessarily cause a reduction in turnover,(if they can find them, the IR rise is a kick up the arse to do better).

ok, so we agree...but this is the affect of interest rate rises that is less clear cut than just hitting home owners and reducing demand...it is hitting business...they could put up prices that makes inflation worse...or just cut costs, i.e redundancies. And that's all fine, as long as Rishi hits his inflation pledge.

Edited by steviewevie

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

No I haven’t as I doubt he would want me as one. One thing is I would ban people that are overly aggressive all the time if they don’t change their behaviour. But it’s not about me.

Take a look at the point when he came back this afternoon and you’ll see his impact on this thread which has been highlighted by 3 people.

if a precident is set then it needs to be maintained and applied equally .... that's why the forum guidelines are being drawn up , at the moment im being asked to act on things that I would hope not to be asked about as it is a room of adults , if I make a judgement it would mean that included you . I don't much care for any abuse or stuff like that , things can be much better argued without that , the threads been up and down without Barry ( don't forget that I get all the reports ) 

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

ok, so we agree...but this the affect of interest rate rises that is less clear cut than just hitting home owners and reducing demand...it is hitting business...they could put up prices that makes inflation worse...or just cut costs, i.e redundancies. And that's all fine, as long as Rishi hits his inflation pledge.

businesses create demand too, which is reduced by interest rate rises.

2 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

if a precident is set then it needs to be maintained and applied equally .... that's why the forum guidelines are being drawn up , at the moment im being asked to act on things that I would hope not to be asked about as it is a room of adults , if I make a judgement it would mean that included you . I don't much care for any abuse or stuff like that , things can be much better argued without that , the threads been up and down without Barry ( don't forget that I get all the reports ) 

Hopefully any new forum guidelines are enforced. This isn’t really on topic of the thread though so we should probably end it, I’m happy to discuss this further privately if you want too.

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

Hopefully any new forum guidelines are enforced. This isn’t really on topic of the thread though so we should probably end it, I’m happy to discuss this further privately if you want too.

its not on topic correct but if it takes a few pages to sort then so be it .... id much prefer not to be getting the reports tbh I think people are capable of not resorting to the stuff that's been discussed .... thread is a bin fire at times and whilst you are never going to be all mates and agree on everything an announce of just being respectful to other humans would be a great thing at a time when many might be having issues outside this thread .  The worlds a mess we don't need it to be the same on efests . happy to take DMS to try and sort this mess out too . 

3 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Businesses also profiteer and put prices up when supply is strained. The government should’ve put price controls in place. 

no necessarily 'profiteer' - try to cover their costs, many are having the better days cover the costs for the less good days, and that's not sustainable, if they're going to be demonised as 'profiteering' for trying to have some economic equilibrium by increasing prices then recession and unemployment is what inevitably follows.

1 minute ago, Neil said:

no necessarily 'profiteer' - try to cover their costs, many are having the better days cover the costs for the less good days, and that's not sustainable, if they're going to be demonised as 'profiteering' for trying to have some economic equilibrium by increasing prices then recession and unemployment is what inevitably follows.

oil and gas companies ? blatant profiteering ?