news & politics:discussion

zahidf

20 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

You compared the allegations for Brand against the ones against Schofield/Edwards, when they are nothing alike. I'm not sure why but it is very weird and I'll call you out for it.

I guess I should be glad that you've done as I asked and insulted me directly this time.

But if you want to trade personal insults that's fine, you absolute cretin.

Just now, cellar said:

I guess I should be glad that you've done as I asked and insulted me directly this time.

But if you want to trade personal insults that's fine, you absolute cretin.

I haven't insulted you, I've called you out as what you wrote is weird and you've responded by directly insulting me which says a lot.

2 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

if you read that post you actually did . maybe just worded badly . 

Not really, I said it's a weird thing to compare the 2 and I stand by that. 

Edited by Ozanne

43 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I haven't insulted you, I've called you out as what you wrote is weird and you've responded by directly insulting me which says a lot.

I am talking about public reaction to events that involve power manipulation and vulnerable people.  You can disagree with the comparison if you like, but there is absolutely no need to call me weird for it.

You've been told off, you're in the wrong. Accept it and move on. I won't even demand an apology.

Edited by cellar

1 minute ago, cellar said:

I am talking about public reaction to events that involve power manipulation and vulnerable people.  You can disagree with the comparison if you life, but there is absolutely no need to call me weird for it.

You've been told off, you're in the wrong. Accept it and move on. I won't even demand an apology.

You've compared someone that has had rape allegation raised again them with someone that had his name dragged through the mud in public for a week due to moral issues and is then receiving in-patient hospital care for mental health issues. That is a strange thing to do and I will call you out for it.

Just now, steviewevie said:

Anyway, this is what investigative journalists do...whether it's Brand, or Schofield or Saville or MPs expenses or Watergate. Media often get there first and expose stuff that may have never come to light otherwise.

Definitely, it shows the importance of really good investigative journalists.

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

Anyway, this is what investigative journalists do...whether it's Brand, or Schofield or Saville or MPs expenses or Watergate. Media often get there first and expose stuff that may have never come to light otherwise.

very true that and some of it went back quite a few years ... although I only caught some of it .... should raise awareness so it doesn't happen again with him at least .... sadly not soon enough though , and maybe evidence comes out from others that are able to take it to trial 

3 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Can get the criminal side moving as well. The Harvey Weinstein thing started with a news story and he is doing serious time

35 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

You've compared someone that has had rape allegation raised again them with someone that had his name dragged through the mud in public for a week due to moral issues and is then receiving in-patient hospital care for mental health issues. That is a strange thing to do and I will call you out for it.

I know you struggle with the fundamentals of discussion and debate, so I'll let you off on this one, buddy. Now go and find someone else to take your issues out on, there's a good lad.

3 minutes ago, cellar said:

I know you struggle with the fundamentals of discussion and debate, so I'll let you off on this one, buddy. Now go and find someone else to take your issues out on, there's a good lad.

If you can't handle someone calling you out on what you say then I would suggest a message board isn't for you.

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

If you can't handle someone calling you out on what you say then I would suggest a message board isn't for you.

You used to message people privately when they downvoted you to try get them to remove the downvote 🤣 

Never met a guy with a thinner skin so not sure you can take the high ground here lol

11 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

only if police approach them, right? Thinking partygate.

Yeah possibly, I'm not really sure.

11 minutes ago, Rufus Gwertigan said:

It's up to the women to approach the police.

I thought in some instances if there is evidence of a crime being committed then the police could look into it anyway, or is that for other types of crime?

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

It's pretty worrying that you're struggling to grasp the concept that it's not okay to call someone weird. 

Now please, stop replying to me. There's absolutely no need to continue this. 

2 minutes ago, cellar said:

It's pretty worrying that you're struggling to grasp the concept that it's not okay to call someone weird. 

Now please, stop replying to me. There's absolutely no need to continue this. 

I've explained why I've called you out and for some reason you aren't able to handle that.

Anyway there's no point us carrying on so I'll leave it there. Have a nice afternoon.

37 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Definitely, it shows the importance of really good investigative journalists.

I think that's something for media firms to keep remembering. We've had budget cuts, ad shortfalls and a sense of everyone trying to keep up with the 24hr news cycle where there's companies feeling almost like they have to cover 20 stories a day, but there's still room for well-researched pieces that take their time. I saw that with the real life case behind The Dropout, where the level of Theranos' deception did need probing from a journalist to work out that it was all a load of bollocks.

2 minutes ago, charlierc said:

I think that's something for media firms to keep remembering. We've had budget cuts, ad shortfalls and a sense of everyone trying to keep up with the 24hr news cycle where there's companies feeling almost like they have to cover 20 stories a day, but there's still room for well-researched pieces that take their time. I saw that with the real life case behind The Dropout, where the level of Theranos' deception did need probing from a journalist to work out that it was all a load of bollocks.

I think it's a bit telling that we never get this type of work from the likes of Peston or Laura K or Chris Mason. The big Political Editors of the BBC/ITV never do this, all they seem to do is repeat lines from the various political parties.

11 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I think it's a bit telling that we never get this type of work from the likes of Peston or Laura K or Chris Mason. The big Political Editors of the BBC/ITV never do this, all they seem to do is repeat lines from the various political parties.

In fairness I would argue it’s not really their job, they wouldn’t have time to do something like this.

• Upvote 1