news & politics:discussion

zahidf

14 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

quite big maybe...not sure many people actually give a shit about cop, and I reckon suella will be out if she makes one more fuck up...and then the right will lose their flagbearer in the cabinet.

Environmental issues regularly comes out as the top issue for voters in polling, it’s a much more important issue than stuff like immigration or asylum.

Remember a couple of days ago I pointed out that Sunak’s decent personal polling was due to remain, LD/Lab voters? Well slipping things like COP will have an impact on those voters and his rating could then started to decline. 

1 hour ago, Ozanne said:

Environmental issues regularly comes out as the top issue for voters in polling, it’s a much more important issue than stuff like immigration or asylum.

Remember a couple of days ago I pointed out that Sunak’s decent personal polling was due to remain, LD/Lab voters? Well slipping things like COP will have an impact on those voters and his rating could then started to decline. 

Didn't you criticise Truss for attending the UN assembly? But I think you are right. Not attending cop at least for one-day sends the wrong type of message on Climate Change 

4 minutes ago, Rufus Gwertigan said:

Didn't you criticise Truss for attending the UN assembly? But I think you are right. Not attending cop at least for one-day sends the wrong type of message on Climate Change 

I did criticise her for it. I can see his reasons for not going but it doesn’t give off the best message especially with news today about him receiving donations from fossil fuel firms. 

Then again if the Tories didn’t push back the fiscal event that they had already brought forward and replaced their leader yet again; then the Prime Minister could’ve attended COP. So yet another failure from them. 

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

Bounce for Sunak. Think Labour definitely going to have more of a fight on their hands, and hopefully will be less bollocks and more about policies.

Sunak was always going to get a bounce in his honeymoon period. Currently though the polls are still good for Labour though.  

23 hours ago, Ozanne said:

for decades aid has mostly been about channelling govt money into the uk, because its sterling it has to be spent here, often by buying stuff from uk companies, it's a hidden subsidy.

I said it the other day (and before lol) but this is what I mean when I say there’s no consequences for these people. They do wrong, just tell us they should get another chance and expect us to move on. Why is there never any repercussions!?