Glastonbury on Sea

Funkyfairy!

23 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

its only a massive labour drain if its done by the farm workers surely ? if its contracted out its just a job they pay others to do for them ? id be interested to see the costs but the fact it takes a bit longer doesnt really mean much in terms of costs ... 

Oh yeah, I'm assuming it's contracted but the longer it takes then the higher the quote from the contractor, which eats into the budget.

Edit: I walked past you in the circus and theatre field I think on the Thursday too. Looking resplendent in the hat 🤠

Edited by Chip Batch

17 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

If nothing else I'm guessing the revenue the shops on there bring in is probably worth the cost. Think they had sold out of loads of their merch by Sunday afternoon when I went along to buy stuff. I actually quite liked it. The old games etc that they had gathered were really interesting. The various robots and animatronics were good as well and any place with deck chairs for a little sit down is welcome. 

Hadn't even considered the benefits it'll bring in terms of sitting space during a wet year.

58 minutes ago, onthebeach said:

What criteria are you using to evaluate the benefit?

My own gut feel, which is admittedly a very inefficient / variable way of measuring it. 

My feeling was that people probably just had a bit of a look around it, thought, "this is sort of cool" then wandered off. I didn't find it particularly attention grabbing. I know there were a few performances there, but perhaps it could be better utilised to entertain more people for greater chunks of time? 

8 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

My own gut feel, which is admittedly a very inefficient / variable way of measuring it. 

My feeling was that people probably just had a bit of a look around it, thought, "this is sort of cool" then wandered off. I didn't find it particularly attention grabbing. I know there were a few performances there, but perhaps it could be better utilised to entertain more people for greater chunks of time? 

I was quite disappointed to see the Robots show time announced just when I was there and then... didn't happen.

2 hours ago, Chip Batch said:

Oh yeah, I'm assuming it's contracted but the longer it takes then the higher the quote from the contractor, which eats into the budget.

Edit: I walked past you in the circus and theatre field I think on the Thursday too. Looking resplendent in the hat 🤠

Aw thanks … 

• Like 1