Kraftwerk

Blisterpack

12 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Ah, but therein lies the rub, S2H. 

They ARE hugely influential. Without them much of the music that I have held, and continue to hold, dearest would not exist without them. But over a whole set they are, I’m afraid, just a little samey and...gulp...boring. I saw them headline Latitude a few years ago with the 3D show. Effects of the visuals were pretty damn cool, the 3D very effective. Crowd shots of 10s if 1000s all in 3D glasses were really cool! But, after an hour or so, I’d had enough. And I like Kraftwerk. I grew up with Kraftwerk. So I’d say that their greatest legacy, is their legacy. Not necessarily their contribution as a live act. Fast forward that to 2019 and I think an Other crowd might start sizeable, but dwindle. With the current spectacular sound, I’d stick ‘em on West Holts. For an hour. Everyone wins!

Ben

Exactly how I feel, they are the band I first got really into in the late 70s, and are in my top 5 bands of all time. Autobahn really blew me away then, and it still does, I still play it frequently from start to finish. The most influential band since the Beatles for me, absolute pioneers. 

Also saw them at Latitude and felt the same, there was no interaction with the crowd at all and it did start to get a bit boring after a while, no energy at all. One live set indistinguishable from another live set. I am not sure if I really need to see them again, it will be exactly the same as when they performed at Latitude. I do wander if they should show images of them actually playing the keyboards during their gigs, it does appear to be four old men playing Fortnite on their laptops. 

I also personally wish they could play some of their tunes as they were originally recorded. I am not a fan of the newer versions, I still long for the original 20 minute version of Autobahm to be played live, I would die a happy man

On 11/23/2018 at 11:11 PM, bennyhana22 said:

Ah, but therein lies the rub, S2H. 

They ARE hugely influential. Without them much of the music that I have held, and continue to hold, dearest would not exist without them. But over a whole set they are, I’m afraid, just a little samey and...gulp...boring. I saw them headline Latitude a few years ago with the 3D show. Effects of the visuals were pretty damn cool, the 3D very effective. Crowd shots of 10s if 1000s all in 3D glasses were really cool! But, after an hour or so, I’d had enough. And I like Kraftwerk. I grew up with Kraftwerk. So I’d say that their greatest legacy, is their legacy. Not necessarily their contribution as a live act. Fast forward that to 2019 and I think an Other crowd might start sizeable, but dwindle. With the current spectacular sound, I’d stick ‘em on West Holts. For an hour. Everyone wins!

Ben

Have to disagree with this. Saw them headline Bestival a few years back. Went in expecting to be bored but loved every second of it.

(Premium strength drugs did help)

Edited by Hugh Jass
  • Like 1