Out of date photo on ticket

JoshM87

Has anyone else been dumb enough to, despite warnings, forget to upload a recent picture and then buy a ticket so it now can’t be changed?

the photo is 8 years old, I’m 22 Then and 30 now.

same colour hair, it does look like me but, obviously 8 years younger. Worked fine in 2016 when I also did the same fucking thing!

im guessing I just need to carry up to date ID on me at the gate in case they question it?

yes I am a moron before anyone says anything....

11 minutes ago, JoshM87 said:

Has anyone else been dumb enough to, despite warnings, forget to upload a recent picture and then buy a ticket so it now can’t be changed?

same colour hair, it does look like me but, obviously 8 years younger. Worked fine in 2016 when I also did the same fucking thing!

im guessing I just need to carry up to date ID on me at the gate in case they question it?

Yes me, my picture is about 7 years old I think although still looks like me

34 minutes ago, JoshM87 said:

Think you might be overestimating how much you've aged! ?

43 minutes ago, JoshM87 said:

Once got in with someone else's ticket , we look nothing a like, 

i wouldn't worry about looking older

4 minutes ago, JoshM87 said:

Well you say that but as I said above it’s becuase they’ve specifically asked for people to do it!

I think they were aiming that at people who have aged like Mickey Rourke, as long as you're recognisable you should be fine, there's not that much of a deterioration between 22 and 30, I've been using by 2010 pic up until now. 

Just now, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Isn't there still time to edit your reg between now and the tickets being sent out? I'm pretty sure I changed the postcode on mine around Christmastime one year.

The email says photos can’t be changed after the ticket is booked - presumably to prevent you changing the picture to a random person and touting them the ticket.

Ah I suppose that's fair. Well I've never known anybody to actually get refused entry on somebody else's ticket, never mind their own where the picture just looks younger. A younger looking picture of the same person is still pretty blatantly the same person.

7 minutes ago, paulshane said:

I haven't changed mine since they were first required, so it's what, 8 or 9 years old ? I have an irrational belief thats it's a 'lucky picture' and if I changed it I might not get tickets :D

I'll be taking some proper ID as well, just in case :)

Im the same as you paulshane!  Never not got a ticket using this photo.  I was 22 stone on it - I got in in 2013 when I was 14 stone.  Im somewhere in the middle now so should be ok!

I wouldn't worry too much.  As long as you bring some form of ID with you, you'll be grand.

Even in the worst case where they question your likeness to your photo, if you're able to provide photo ID and/or a bank card with your name on it, I can't see the 'interrogation' lasting that long as they have tens of thousands of people to get through the gates

4 minutes ago, JoshM87 said:

Yeah okay great thanks for all the responses! I did think that would be the case but always reassuring to hear it back!

I did actually start to worry about this when they sent out the email (my photos from 2010 when I was 30), so I submitted a new one, but the skin smoothening effect of the mobile phone camera just resulted in me looking exactly the same as in 2010?

Edited by Mr.Tease

I didn't change mine and wish I did, I only registered in 2017 so I look the same but my photos a travesty, @glastocat came round and took mine when we were having a drinking session, day before you had to have your registration in.

Anyway I woke up hugely hungover and all over the place and we'd took all the pics on landscape, didn't have a computer to edit so had to take one myself on the morning that fit the criteria, right clip I am. It's funny at least though and I'll get I guess.

2 hours ago, chatty said:

I didn't change mine and wish I did, I only registered in 2017 so I look the same but my photos a travesty, @glastocat came round and took mine when we were having a drinking session, day before you had to have your registration in.

Anyway I woke up hugely hungover and all over the place and we'd took all the pics on landscape, didn't have a computer to edit so had to take one myself on the morning that fit the criteria, right clip I am. It's funny at least though and I'll get I guess.

That's nowt. A few years before when not drunk a few of us went around a mates to take our photographs. None of us realised one of the lads had a hat on while getting his photo taken lol. Luckily he realised and changed it.

I made sure I took a new one this year, just in case they stopped your registration if your photo was too old. No point risking anything like that.

Edited by Glastocat