AlexTurnah

NOS Alive 2019

What time does festival site open on the Thursday? 

And I will probably travelling from Cais do Sodre, as my hotel is 3 minutes walk :D

So i expect the trains will be busy?

TIA

Anyone know when the wristband exchange opens please, and is it only at the site? Apols, have looked on the website but can’t find any info.

24 minutes ago, Homer said:

Anyone know when the wristband exchange opens please, and is it only at the site? Apols, have looked on the website but can’t find any info.

You can exchange your ticket for wristband at a big shopping centre.  Did that last year and it was dead easy

On 7/5/2019 at 1:39 PM, young_contra said:

There is one but from the looks of it it ain't that great of a beach (take this with a grain of salt though, I've never been there)

The beach there has been "No Bathing Permitted" for the last few years, although you will see a few locals taking a dip there ocassionally. Best hop on the train to Caiscais.

1 hour ago, young_contra said:

I'm talking about the timeline, not the timetable

Just hoping of a confirmation on Vampire Weekend playing 1h30m, setlists from festivals where they play 1h/1h15min are pretty disappointing...

14 minutes ago, strackoftracknfield said:

Btw is anyone doing half Cure/ half Robyn?

My wife will be, though I reckon I'll stick with The Cure, despite having seen them at Glasto. FYI, the last 30-40 mins of their sets is when they generally go on a bit long run of 'hits'.

Guys 2 friends can't come anymore, I'm selling two combi tickets, price negotiable ;)

I'll be in Lisbon from Wednesday, if someone is interested let me know we can meet wherever you want. 

20 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

I’m guessing this is the kind of Thom Yorke set we’ll get next week, looking forward to it!

Yorke was absolutely f-ing brilliant at DTRH, you're in for a treat...

anyone else pondering going to the James Murphy DJ set at Lux Fragil on Friday night? 

as much as i'd like to see Gossip - me and my friends are tempted to head to James Murphy after Vampire Weekend but worried the taxi situation will be crazy and might end up just wasting a large portion of the night waiting... decisions decisions...

4 minutes ago, ezzy5050 said:

anyone else pondering going to the James Murphy DJ set at Lux Fragil on Friday night? 

as much as i'd like to see Gossip - me and my friends are tempted to head to James Murphy after Vampire Weekend but worried the taxi situation will be crazy and might end up just wasting a large portion of the night waiting... decisions decisions...

I was also thinking of doing this but reading the reviews of Lux Fragil it seems that if you're not Portuguese they ask you about 300€ for the ticket. 

Any local can confirm that? 

Have a lot of fun at the festival this week! Have fun with the Portuguese people who are awesome, join us for sangria songs around the bars if you spot us! Have a blast! 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, alan_ts said:

I was also thinking of doing this but reading the reviews of Lux Fragil it seems that if you're not Portuguese they ask you about 300€ for the ticket. 

thanks for the heads up - i've just looked at the reviews and they are absolutely terrible... think i'll definitely stick with the festival!

it's a shame JM isn't playing NOS :(

25 minutes ago, Tremousse said:

Have a lot of fun at the festival this week! Have fun with the Portuguese people who are awesome, join us for sangria songs around the bars if you spot us! Have a blast! 

Will look out for you and say hello if I can work out who you are

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, alan_ts said:

oh my god is that true? my biased love for porto grows stronger and stronger ? (jk)

2 hours ago, ezzy5050 said:

thanks for the heads up - i've just looked at the reviews and they are absolutely terrible... think i'll definitely stick with the festival!

it's a shame JM isn't playing NOS :(

I saw James Murphy DJ at Super Bock Super Rock years ago. Was alright - just the sort of so-so house music you get at all continental festivals (I think it's compulsory).

You're better off sticking with the fest and going to see Cut Copy, who are roughly in the same ballpark as LCD anyway, instead.

Edited by Homer

5 hours ago, Red Day said:

Will look out for you and say hello if I can work out who you are

Find the "Spreaders" t-shirt and you'll find me or my friends! 

• Like 1