Download 2019

Steve1000

1 minute ago, Andre91 said:

Own UK tour? R&L, perhaps. 

The Frank tour only came to my attention last night when I saw that JEW had been added. 

I feel that their own tour would be more suitable for the album-in-full shows. As you say, it's only a vague comment and if they're hyping up the album regularly and only brought up the idea of anniversary shows recently, I think it's likely they're focused on doing a proper outing of the new stuff. And fair enough, as they have shit to sell.

Gonna rejig my prediction a bit with the Slayer news anyway. Trying to do something a bit different here:

BRING ME THE HORIZON, Five Finger Death Punch, Stone Temple Pilots, Lamb of God
Z: Ghost, Halestorm // A: Dropkick Murphys

QUEEN + ADAM LAMBERT, Lenny Kravitz, Slash & Myles Kennedy, Rival Sons
Z: Don Broco, All-American Rejects // A: Pvris

RAMMSTEIN, Slayer, Tenacious D, Gojira
Z: Jimmy Eat World, Slaves // A: Modestep

4 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Slipknot are in the demo stages of a new album at the moment. I can’t see them having a new album out in time for DL 2019 so I can see them doing a run playing their debut album in full at European festivals or something, especially after Corey’s vague comments in that recent interview.

Where is this said interview

6 hours ago, thewayiam said:

They aren't a proper band though are they, it's the novely/gimmick.

It's not like they are going to sub main and tbh one 12k capacity date in the easiest to tell ticket city isn't a tour.

Aren’t a proper band. What :lol:

Are Slipknot not a proper band then and just a gimmick? What about Behemoth, Ghost, Marilyn Manson? 

I’ve also had a play around with my lineup too after those Hellfest confirmations. I’m really flip flopping on BMTH. I really do think they could play R&L but DL needs to pull the trigger on them next year if they’re around. Andy mentions them every single time he’s asked about new headliners. I’m also struggling for a sub for them. Deftones will be around whereas I don’t think Enter Shikari will still be touring The Spark midway through next year.

Bring Me The Horizon / Deftones / Architects / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes / While She Sleeps / State Champs / Issues

Alice In Chains / Clutch 

Slipknot / Slayer / Trivium / Lamb of God / Amon Amarth / Code Orange / Power Trip / Cane Hill 

Don Broco / Motionless In White 

Rammstein / Five Finger Death Punch / Halestorm / Stone Temple Pilots / Coheed and Cambria / Tremonti / Arch Enemy / The Raven Age 

Ghost / Gojira

Avalanche: Converge, New Found Glory, Dropkick Murphy’s 

Dogtooth: Carcass, Crossfaith, The Black Dahlia Murder

Edited by Andre91

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

I’ve also had a play around with my lineup too after those Hellfest confirmations. I’m really flip flopping on BMTH. I really do think they could play R&L but DL needs to pull the trigger on them next year if they’re around. Andy mentions them every single time he’s asked about new headliners. I’m also struggling for a sub for them. Deftones will be around whereas I don’t think Enter Shikari will still be touring The Spark midway through next year.

Bring Me The Horizon / Deftones / Architects / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes / While She Sleeps / State Champs / Issues

Alice In Chains / Clutch 

Slipknot / Slayer / Trivium / Lamb of God / Amon Amarth / Code Orange / Power Trip / Cane Hill 

Don Broco / Motionless In White 

Rammstein / Five Finger Death Punch / Halestorm / Stone Temple Pilots / Coheed and Cambria / Tremonti / Arch Enemy / The Raven Age 

Ghost / Gojira

Avalanche: Converge, New Found Glory, Dropkick Murphy’s 

Dogtooth: Carcass, Crossfaith, The Black Dahlia Murder

That would be sick but swap Ghost and Gojira with Halestorm and STP please.

I doubt Converge will do it, they seem to have been doing June festivals since like 2015 and haven't played in ages.

4 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

That would be sick but swap Ghost and Gojira with Halestorm and STP please.

I doubt Converge will do it, they seem to have been doing June festivals since like 2015 and haven't played in ages.

Ghost in the dark though, man :ninja: 

I was a bit unsure with Converge as they were around this year so could have played but didn’t. Glassjaw would be a cool alternative. 

Frank Turner could do download, be plays anytime, any place, anywhere. Hes not a person who demands high slots it seems to have a massive ego. He's probably  the most passionate guy I've  watched and  always a good show and I  ain't a person whose going judge him at download  cause of his education or he's not heavy enough.His tour ain't s selling great but I think it might be the shock of £40. I ain't a tight arse but his other tours have been usually around £20 to £25 and his last arena tour was just over £20 with the booking fees with flogging Molly supporting which was an absolute bargain. With JEW now supporting, some people might justify paying £40 or some might wait and try grab a cheap ticket. I think personally he'll be a second stage sub to someone like The Offspring or DropKick Murphy's or about 4th down on mainstage but think the mainstage might have to be more of a mainstream day and not jammed between two metal acts. P.S, if he does download, do a special Mongol Horde show in a tent. 

5 hours ago, stevieg1993 said:

Frank Turner could do download, be plays anytime, any place, anywhere. Hes not a person who demands high slots it seems to have a massive ego. He's probably  the most passionate guy I've  watched and  always a good show and I  ain't a person whose going judge him at download  cause of his education or he's not heavy enough.His tour ain't s selling great but I think it might be the shock of £40. I ain't a tight arse but his other tours have been usually around £20 to £25 and his last arena tour was just over £20 with the booking fees with flogging Molly supporting which was an absolute bargain. With JEW now supporting, some people might justify paying £40 or some might wait and try grab a cheap ticket. I think personally he'll be a second stage sub to someone like The Offspring or DropKick Murphy's or about 4th down on mainstage but think the mainstage might have to be more of a mainstream day and not jammed between two metal acts. P.S, if he does download, do a special Mongol Horde show in a tent. 

I can defo see myself getting a ticket nearer the time for much less than £40. I like JEW more than Frank but at £25 I'd go.

4 hours ago, MattysMilk said:

I doubt Slipknot will do Slipknot in full type deal, they will do it at Knotfest and thats about it

I really think it’ll happen as a worldwide thing in 2019. That album means everything to so many. If they do it at all they won’t just do it for a couple of dates, I am certain. 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I really think it’ll happen as a worldwide thing in 2019. That album means everything to so many. If they do it at all they won’t just do it for a couple of dates, I am certain. 

I actually think they'll sell a crazy amount of day tickets for it. If the undercard was decent which for me personally on a Slipknot day I don't see it then I would go.

9 hours ago, stevieg1993 said:

Frank Turner could do download

Please god no! I get he's passionate and energetic but his music just sucks. I've watched him twice and wondered what the guitars on stage are actually doing. Ed Sheeran would fit in better at Download. I watched FT at Sonisphere and T and tried at Leeds but even in a drunken state his nicey nicey happy clappy crap managed to grate through to my numbed to everything else nerves and I managed to remember that he was pish and leave. Plus it was full of hipsters. 

8 hours ago, thewayiam said:

I actually think they'll sell a crazy amount of day tickets for it. If the undercard was decent which for me personally on a Slipknot day I don't see it then I would go.

Imagine how many tickets they would sell if they had Slipknot doing that album in full subbed by Slayer playing their last UK show on the Saturday. 

3 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Imagine how many tickets they would sell if they had Slipknot doing that album in full subbed by Slayer playing their last UK show on the Saturday. 

That's exactly what I wouldn't attend for. Slayer subbing?, weren't they a 2nd stage headliner last time.