Corbyn appearing on Pyramid!

slipmatt

Just now, eFestivals said:

ahhhy, so just a simple lying scumbag with no brain. At least we've sorted that one out.

I shall now treat you with the relevance you deserve. :)

oooh sticks and stones my friend.....lets see how many fucks I give shall we? I will simply say the fact that more and more people seem to be getting fed up and challenging you on the constant anti corbyn agenda your putting out in these political threads over and over and over again says all it needs to.......and leave it at that.

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, waterfalls212434 said:

oooh sticks and stones my friend.....lets see how many fucks I give shall we? I will simply say the fact that more and more people seem to be getting fed up and challenging you on the constant anti corbyn agenda your putting out in these political threads over and over and over again says all it needs to.......and leave it at that.

for them to challenge me about anything anti-Corbyn I'd firstly have to say something anti-Corbyn, which I haven't been.

They, unlike you, are clever enough to both read and think, about my posts as well as your own. And while they might disagree with mine they'd have be be mad as fruitcake to think there's any sense in yours. 

Carry on. :)

see this is why ive simply decided to laugh at you rather then take you seriously 

`for them to challenge me about anything anti-Corbyn I'd firstly have to say something anti-Corbyn, which I haven't been.`

sorry but thats as mental as nigel farage trying to claim the bbc is pro left wing because they showed corbyn from glasto........and should be responded to in just the same a manner.......HA!

4 minutes ago, waterfalls212434 said:

see this is why ive simply decided to laugh at you rather then take you seriously 

`for them to challenge me about anything anti-Corbyn I'd firstly have to say something anti-Corbyn, which I haven't been.`

sorry but thats as mental as nigel farage trying to claim the bbc is pro left wing because they showed corbyn from glasto........and should be responded to in just the same a manner.......HA!

I haven't been here today, but you said I have. What have you been reading apart from your own delusions? :rolleyes:

But anyway, as you insist I stay on message, can you please tell me if I have to lie about Corbyn wanting brexit or not. I'd hate to upset you further. 

Just now, eFestivals said:

I haven't been here today, but you said I have. What have you been reading apart from your own delusions? :rolleyes:

But anyway, as you insist I stay on message, can you please tell me if I have to lie about Corbyn wanting brexit or not. I'd hate to upset you further. 

Oh you only meant `today` did you! oh thats ok then! funny you replied to me when I was talking about you in general though, bit random that eh? or trying to twist things to get yourself out of a corner again?

37 minutes ago, Ommadawn said:

For all his policies (which I largely support even though I know the money isn't there to implement most of them), I'm afraid Corbyn appearing on the Pyramid stage will have as much effect in this country as Bob Geldolf's 'Make Poverty History' campaign had in the third world. Thousands held hands one hot afternoon a few years ago wearing our white wristbands and what good did it do. Thousands more did the same last weekend and chanted Corbyn's name but he's still in opposition and is likely to remain so for at least a couple of years by which time his time will have past.  

Well, it pissed off Nigel Farage, so at least there's that.

4 minutes ago, windy_miller said:

Well, it pissed off Nigel Farage, so at least there's that.

I did have a good laugh at the man who even when utterly politically irrelevant was still being invited to appear on panel shows like question time etc and then has the nerve to call the bbc left wing biased because they showed corbyn as part of the glastonbury coverage they show every single year.

Stupid doesnt even cover it. 

10 minutes ago, waterfalls212434 said:

I did have a good laugh at the man who even when utterly politically irrelevant was still being invited to appear on panel shows like question time etc and then has the nerve to call the bbc left wing biased because they showed corbyn as part of the glastonbury coverage they show every single year.

Stupid doesnt even cover it. 

Everyone who is right-leaning thinks the BBC is too left wing.  Everyone who is left-leaning thinks the BBC is too right wing.  I think that means the BBC are probably doing their job correctly.

Just now, windy_miller said:

Everyone who is right-leaning thinks the BBC is too left wing.  Everyone who is left-leaning thinks the BBC is too right wing.  I think that means the BBC are probably doing their job correctly.

I wouldnt say they are fully right wing, I wouldnt call them neutral however either. some actions theve taken and the way they choose to report certain things bares witness against that.

Just now, waterfalls212434 said:

I wouldnt say they are fully right wing, I wouldnt call them neutral however either. some actions theve taken and the way they choose to report certain things bares witness against that.

I think its impossible to do absolutely everything in a completely 100% neutral way, but for everything the left moan about, there is something else the right are moaning about, so it all evens itself out in the end.

23 minutes ago, waterfalls212434 said:

Oh you only meant `today` did you! oh thats ok then! funny you replied to me when I was talking about you in general though, bit random that eh? or trying to twist things to get yourself out of a corner again?

I could make a post about fish and you'd still say that I was being anti-Corbyn. :rolleyes:

Edited by eFestivals

1 hour ago, windy_miller said:

I think its impossible to do absolutely everything in a completely 100% neutral way, but for everything the left moan about, there is something else the right are moaning about, so it all evens itself out in the end.

Only in this case the moans from the left are for valid reasons (massive right wing bias on panels, tory officials posing as members of the public in debate audiences, those at the head of bbc news being ex tory activists(step forward nick robinson) even at one point the news debt actively conspiring to have a labour mp resign live on air to try and weaken corbyns position(as proven at the time by emails leaked between staff members and presenters).......thats a whole world away from right wing claims of say in this case `bias for showing corbyn at glastonbury as part of coverage that happens every year`

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

I could make a post about fish and you'd still say that I was being anti-Corbyn. :rolleyes:

I say your anti corbyn because literally every politics thread since corbyn became leader has been full of your comments attacking people who support him and making up all kinds of shit about him to justify your views oh and as ive stated numerous times your total and utter lack of criticism for anyone BUT corbyn....if you have ever and I mean ever come out against the tory party in a similar vain for example I must have missed it.

I simply call it as I see it, You arent just anti corbyn mate your obsessively anti corbyn so dont blame me if your uncomfortable with your own actions.

5 hours ago, eFestivals said:

without really commenting on how true that might be, do you know of any group who feels like they're well looked after, and who doesn't think they're treated unfairly in some respect?

People can recognise that things could be better, for example that the NHS should be better funded to better serve people, that sort of thing. The difficulty comes with how much more would be 'better', and what would be 'fair' for the consequences back on them for that better funding.

While you're right, as I say, the ones that will vote Labour traditionally don't vote and now are starting to. Realistically the young are treated worse than anyone else by politicians because they don't vote. They're realising what they have to do to change it.

Plus I think young people now are more willing to pay more tax. Graduates have already basically accepted 5% on the basic rate for life with loan repayments. An extra one or two percent wouldn't have a huge impact. I know Corbyn hasn't suggested this, but it's baby steps and over time it's something that I can see being introduced without a huge amount of fuss.

I certainly can't disagree that there's increased youth activism and that's a very good thing.

I'm much less impressed with the echo chamber bubbles it grows out of, and the way that myths are created and then endlessly spread, where the poor quality of the myths says more about those spreading them than it does those the myth is meant to denigrate. That side of things doesn't fill me with much hope.

But people need hope. Corbyn is not a Christ-like saviour. But treating him as such gives people hope, it gives them a symbol to rally around. I genuinely don't think that's a bad thing. There's a danger that it gets a bit too cult of personality but people need to believe there's space for real change. 

5 hours ago, eFestivals said:

I don't much disagree with that, sadly. :(

But where i do think there was a change is with the respect Corbyn was given to speak, which was very different to the heckling that Caroline Lucas got a decade or so ago. That part, at least, was a solid improvement.

I had to look that up earlier as I was making the same point to those going "of course everyone at Glasto loves Corbyn, they're all hippy liberals" and it was just six years ago. Huge change for such a short period of time.

13 hours ago, waterfalls212434 said:

I say your anti corbyn because literally every politics thread since corbyn became leader has been full of your comments attacking people who support him

Nope. I only attack stupidity. Like your own. :)

If you ever put your brain back in, maybe we have had a discussion, rather than you only having deluded rants?

Over to you. :)

10 hours ago, DeanoL said:

While you're right, as I say, the ones that will vote Labour traditionally don't vote and now are starting to.

any extra voting started with the EUref, not with Labour.

Realistically the young are treated worse than anyone else by politicians because they don't vote. They're realising what they have to do to change it.

I can't disagree, tho the harsher treatment is less than those youngsters like to imagine.

I mean, those bastards in govt, eh? Being nasty to today's kids by giving the opportunity of Uni, which (essentially) wasn't available to the likes of me 35 years ago, and letting them have 5 extra work-free years.

Just a thought, but perhaps 5 extra years of adding no value to the country gets to mean there's 5 extra years before those youngsters have created enough value in order to access a loan large enough to purchase a house.

Plus I think young people now are more willing to pay more tax.

PMSL :lol:

Like everyone, they're willing for others to pay more tax. 

If they're willing to pay more tax, why did Labour have to promise that they wouldn't?

Graduates have already basically accepted 5% on the basic rate for life with loan repayments.

as well as accepting they might pay not a penny of it back, too.

An extra one or two percent wouldn't have a huge impact.

I agree 100%.

I wish Labour would propose it, rather than pretending it can all be had for free when it simply can't.

I know Corbyn hasn't suggested this, but it's baby steps and over time it's something that I can see being introduced without a huge amount of fuss.

PMSL :lol:

When the Corbyn offer is shown to be impossible and taxes for all have to rise, those who were told it was all free will be angry. 

FFS, just think of the anger about the tory attempt in March to make NI payments fair and equitable by removing a tax-break that benefits the richest -  which Labour opposed.

But people need hope.

They do.

But false hope is not hope, it's delusion.

Corbyn is not a Christ-like saviour. But treating him as such gives people hope, it gives them a symbol to rally around. I genuinely don't think that's a bad thing. There's a danger that it gets a bit too cult of personality but people need to believe there's space for real change.

There's more space for real and effective change via criticisms than via nodding dogs.

I want people to think, because they're as clever as those politicians.

I don't want people to be sock puppets or sheep who refuse to think for themselves. Waterfalls is the perfect example of a moron on speed.

Edited by eFestivals

12 hours ago, Spindles said:

This was your 24th post in this thread today.

and of those 24, the ones that criticised Corbyn were....?

And what comes back is the same vacuous silence as it always is (or waterfalls, where silence would be more intelligent).

As ever, the nodding dogs only want to mate with other nodding dogs in their romantic echo chamber.

13 hours ago, waterfalls212434 said:

I simply call it as I see it,

Yep, you do. With total stupidty each and every time. :)

You arent just anti corbyn mate your obsessively anti corbyn so dont blame me if your uncomfortable with your own actions.

Yep, you're so very right. That's why I voted Labour, cos i'm against Labour. :lol:

I am always against the stupid tho. Like brexit and like fantasy FTT projections in the manifesto.

I'll continue to call out what's wrong, while you remain the Labour equivalent of what you say all tory voters are.

Edited by eFestivals