Rate the bands you have seen live 2017 edition

Mexico54

Hey! First time poster; long time lurker. Not a native speaker so excuse the potential mistakes.

i was thinking we should have a thread to rate the bands in the line up that we had seen live and provide people with some information on who not to miss. I'll start with what I've seen 

-Radiohead (8) I saw them a few weeks ago in Coachella weekend 1. Admittedly I'm a non converted and I was expecting to get bored but I reckoned they were pretty good. The audio issues affected their set but the set was good for non fans and they had more energy than I expected 

Foo Fighters (6.5) I saw them about two years ago. I wasn't a fan and by the end of the show that didn't change. I didn't know the songs other than the hits and I was kinda bored at some parts of the gig. I wasn't in the standing section which might have been why. 

The xx (6.5) I also saw them at Coachella. They were okay. I was never bothered but I was never excited to be seeing them.

Major lazer (5) I must admit I'm not into their kind of music. Their set was fun but it's 100% based on crowd interaction. I was never bothered but I forgot all about te show the minute it ended. If it's your thing you'll probably like them 

Alt-j (6.5) Saw them in Lollapalooza in 2015. I thought they were very uneven; some songs are great while others seem to go on forever. 

Lorde (8) Saw her in Coachella. I was not a fan by any means and yet I really enjoyed her show. The songs sound great live and she has a wonderful voice. Her set was a surprise and I'd definitely see her again.

Phoenix (8.5) They definitely bring the energy to their shows. When I saw them they allowed themselves to improvise and add some musical interludes to the songs. I'd definitely watch again 

Future Islands (9) The frontman gives his all in the show. He will dance; he will scream and you'll have a blast. I saw them on Coachella and the songs from the new album sounded great. I'd recommend watching this show if high levels of energy are your thing

Glass animals (9) I saw these guys in 2015 and then in Coachella a few weeks ago and I was amazed by their evolution; the first time I thought they were average and this time they were one of my highlights. Everything from the new album sounds amazing live; it's a feel good show and I will definitely try to catch them again 

Kaiser chiefs (7.5) They might not have musical merit but they know their audience and they deliver the hits and the energy. Live shows are about having fun for me and I've had fun everytime I've seen them 

Circa Waves (6) I like their songs but I felt they lacked energy live. They don't sound bad but they add nothing memorable in my opinion. I however saw them both times in America in places where they were not big so that might have been the reason.

Tove Lo (6) I'm not a fan of her music but her live performance was better than expected. I connected more to the tracks and I was never bored. 

Blossoms (7) They opened a stage in Coachella and they sounded ok. I was expecting more energy from them but there was barely anyone in the crowd so that didn't help. I'm expecting more from them in Glastonbury 

Radiohead (9) saw them at Osheaga last summer. Brilliant and ended with creep which no one expected. 

Haim (8) saw them osheaga 2014 and 2016...I really enjoy them live. 

Lorde (4) saw her Osheaga in 2014 and her stage presence annoyed me to death. Very unenjoyable set for me. She'll be a miss for me this year. 

Badbadnotgood  (7) I've seen them 2 times in small venues. It's a fun time. 

That's it for me which is why the lineup is a bit exiting! Lots of people I want to see and lots to discover! 

Xx

Radiohead (10)
Foo Fighters (7)
The xx (8)
Biffy Clyro (7)
Boy Better Know (7)
Solange (8)
Run the Jewels (9)
The Jacksons (8)
First Aid Kit (8)
Justice (10)
Haim (7)
Father John Misty (8)
Dizzee Rascal (7)
Warpaint (6)
BadBadNotGood (8)
Kate Tempest (8)
Thundercat (8)
Future Islands (9)
Little Dragon (7)
Wild Beasts (8)

Was gonna write a little bit about each one but cba.

Also I'm probably too generous.

Edited by FloorFiller

Radiohead 10 (but I would say that)
The Flaming Lips 9
Glass Animals 8
Ride 8
Girl Ray 8
Solange 8
Biffy Clyro 7
Chic 7
Alt-J 7
Laura Marling 7
HAIM 7
Dizzee Rascal 7
George Ezra 7
Warpaint 6
Justice 6 (but they have upped their game on this album)
Major Lazer 6

Far too lazy to go through the DJ's.

Edited by The60ftOctopus

Royal Blood: 10
One of the best i've seen live. They make a lot of noise for the two of them and were great in the John Peel. Not sure how it is going to be on a larger/open area though.

Foo Fighters: 9
This will be my 6th time seeing them. Always great energy which gets the crowd going.

Biffy Clyro: 9
Seen them a few times including their latest tour. They are great live and should've been headlining.

Ed Sheeran: 8
Enjoyed seeing him at Glasto, as the sun was going down. Not bothered about seeing him again.

Haim: 7
One of the surprise packages at Glasto. They were great. I remember them pulling some amazing rock faces.

Dizzee Rascal: 6
Gets the crowd going, even if his latest stuff is pop shite.

Kaiser Chiefs: 6
Seen them loads of times and they are a bit hit and miss. All depends whether Ricky has had a hit.

George Ezra: 6
Worth a watch if you haven't seen him before. Great voice.

Scouting for Girls: 4
Seen them at Glasto and they are a bit too nice for me (smiley pop rubbish).

The XX: 3
One of those that I was looking forward to seeing and they really disappointed.

Alt-J: 1
Rubbish. They are very ropey live.

I've seen pretty much all the bands that I want to see live. Looking forward to a Glasto where I can watch something new :)

Foo Fighters - 8

Ed Sheeran - 6.5

The XX - 6

Biffy Clyro - 9

Katy Perry - 7

Chic - 9

Royal Blood - 7.5

Alt-j - 5.5

Major Lazer - 4

Laura Marling - 6

Haim - 8.5

Dizzee Rascal - 6

Metronomy - 7.5

Kate Tempest - 7

Clean Bandit - 3

George Ezra - 4

Courteeners - 7

London Grammar - 9

Kaiser Chiefs - 5

Wild Beasts - 6

Rag'n'bone Man - 7

Circa Waves - 6.5

Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes - 9

Radiohead 9
Foo Fighters 8
The XX 7
Chic 9
Biffy Clyro 6
Alt-J 6
Major Lazer 7
Dizzee Rascal 6
George Ezra 6
Kaiser Chiefs 6
Craig David 4
Glass Animals 8
Declan Mckenna 8
Courteeners 5
Hackney Colliery Band 8
Strong Asian Mothers 8

Edited by mjsell

Justice: T in the Park 08; O2 Academy Bristol 12

9/10 - equally as banging in a big tent or a small indoor venue

Foo Fighters: V Festival 03; Millennium Stadium Cardiff 05; Reading Festival 12; MK Bowl 15

8/10 - always put the same effort in every time but if you've seen one FF show, you've seen them all

Biffy Clyro: Reading Festival 07

5/10 - still can't see what all the fuss is about personally. Poor man's Foo Fighters

Major Lazer: Glastonbury 13; O2 Academy Bristol 13

7/10 - fun live but the newer sets are quite EDM heavy. Preferred the earlier sound

Warpaint: Glastonbury 11; Bestival 12

3/10 - I have to say, I found them to be very dull live. Disappointing

Royal Blood: O2 Academy Bristol 14; Laneway Festival 15

7/10 - nothing original but sound good live

Laura Marling: Glastonbury 11; Latitude 15; First Direct Arena 16

6/10 - much better in a small venue

Dizzee Rascal: Glastonbury 09; Glastonbury 15; Love Saves The Day 16

6/10 - "Bonkers" always goes off

Future Islands: BST 15; Jools Holland Hootenanny 15

3/10 - not my thing. Sounds like the Killers fronted by an escaped mental patient Dad dancing

Kaiser Chiefs: Reading 09

2/10 - 60 minutes of "oooooooohhhhhh, ooooooooohhhhh"

Mark Lanegan: Union Chapel 16

8/10 - incredible voice in an intimate venue

Radiohead: V Festival 06; Reading 09; Glastonbury 11

8/10 - on their day, with the right setlist and the right crowd, as good as anyone

Radiohead  - 9
Foo Fighters - 8
The XX - 8
The National - 9
Run The Jewels - 9
Laura Marling - 9
Phoenix - 8
Father John Misty - 8
Warpaint - 7
Metronomy - 7
Kate Tempest - 8
Future Islands - 8
Glass Animals - 8
Courteeners - 7
Ride - 7
Little Dragon - 7
Wild Beasts - 7
Circa Waves - 6
British Sea Power -8
Temples - 7

Biffy Clyro - 5
Royal Blood - 5
Alt-J - 5
HAIM - 5
Dizzee Rascal - 4
Annie Mac - 5
Kaiser Chiefs - 3
The Avalanches - 4

Royal Blood - 7. Fun but not as good as quite a few similar acts.

BBK - 7. Grime not my thing in general so 7 is high, even if you have just a slight interest I think you'll enjoy them.

Run The Jewels - 9. Amazing, Kendrick aside the best hip hop act I've seen. Not that that's a big list but it includes Kanye, Snoop, Public Enemy and prob one or two others I'm forgetting.

Dizzee Rascal - 7. I saw him sober before Muse a few years back and had a surprisingly good time, didn't even know a few songs. Can imagine he'd be really fun after a drink, defo knows how to get the crowd going.

Courteeners - depends how pissed you are. Defo potential for a 8/9 if it's your thing and you're in the right mood, probably not at Glastonbury mind. Would rate them at Leeds last year about a 5 though.

Circa Waves - 6. I liked the first album and live playing stuff off that they were decent enough but not great. Don't think I'd bother with them now after the subpar second album.

Future Islands - 8. Really enjoyed these at Glasto 15, I would recommend you familiarise with their songs before you see them though or I think they'd be dull. 

Frank Carter - 7. Defo worth seeing once.

Declan McKenna - 8. Caught him as a support act a few months back and enjoyed it despite only knowing one song at the time. Really catchy tunes and a good live performance of them, can't imagine he'll be on late in the day so hopefully no clashes here and you should check him out.

Doing this I'm surprised at how little of the lineup I've seen.

Edited by Odessa