Mobile phone question

baggienick68

I'll be in the campervan field with a big 100Watt solar panel charging a 110AH battery, so I just take a few of these with me:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-PowerCore-Portable-Ultra-Compact-High-Speed/dp/B019GJLER8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1488188663&sr=8-2&keywords=anker+power

and charge them up each night off the battery :)

1 hour ago, baggienick68 said:

Thanks all. Not worried about data its just useful to have a signal if I have split from my mate and we need to meet up again. Sounds like any provider will be ok for that.

When we are a group we often go our separate ways as our musical tastes may differ but we pre-arrange each morning to meet up during the day at certain places at certain times - like Midday at a meeting point or a particular food stall or stage - so don't even need the phone for that.  We also agree to switch our phones on at arranged times every three or four hours or so for ten minutes just in case we need to chat to each other about changes of plan.

2 hours ago, grumpyhack said:

When we are a group we often go our separate ways as our musical tastes may differ but we pre-arrange each morning to meet up during the day at certain places at certain times - like Midday at a meeting point or a particular food stall or stage - so don't even need the phone for that.  We also agree to switch our phones on at arranged times every three or four hours or so for ten minutes just in case we need to chat to each other about changes of plan.

Yeah, always have a back-up. It used to be the Chinese at the back of the Other ( till it moved ) on the hour. Now usually the bottom corner of the Cider Bus bar! ;-)

I've been looking at new contracts etc. and actually been taking Glastonbury into consideration. When I was with Three I had a fine signal but last year I was with o2 and I barely got a useable signal. It always said I had 4G but nothing would load apart from about 5am in the morning. My friends on EE seemed to have no bother so was considering them but found some pretty decent SIM only deals with Virgin Mobile who use the EE network.