Download 2018

Hart Attack

38 minutes ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Don't think they been booked by anyone have they? Might just be taking break

I think they've cancelled their tour actually. They were on one of the older DL France posters but aren't anymore, and this website mentions them but doesn't have them on the poster so I assume haven't updated the site. 

https://www.tonsofrock.no/

55 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

I think they've cancelled their tour actually. They were on one of the older DL France posters but aren't anymore, and this website mentions them but doesn't have them on the poster so I assume haven't updated the site. 

https://www.tonsofrock.no/

I met Loz about a month ago in a bar in Doncaster and he had just had throat surgery and wasn’t allowed to speak at all, his mate was talking for him, so it might have something to do with the recovery time for that, perhaps. 

3 minutes ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

£100 after fees, maybe bit more

3 minutes ago, antros23 said:

if 3 days are 175 probably like £ 80

So £90 then? :lol:

But na I think £100 would be pushing it a bit for a day ticket but I suppose you'd pay about that for GNR anyway and I love BSC so I'd still pay it but hoping it's towards the £80 mark.

5 hours ago, Superunknown said:

So £90 then? :lol:

But na I think £100 would be pushing it a bit for a day ticket but I suppose you'd pay about that for GNR anyway and I love BSC so I'd still pay it but hoping it's towards the £80 mark.

At least for £100 you can get a better viewing the stage though. My GNR ticket for London was £95 and I had a superb seat.

10 hours ago, BigG94 said:

Yea I paid £89 to see GnRs last May at Slane. If i was only going 1 day I’d happily pay £100 to see them again. Thankfully I’m going for the 3 days. I’m going for GnRs alone everything else is a bonus

I was sat in the 2nd block of level 1 standing/unreserved seating they do which I was surprised to get when I arrived but as I'm short it was a great view just a few seats up and over everyone's heads.

I have a feeling I won't be attending though as when the stage splits come I'm expecting the majority what I want to see on different days. Still I believe splits are today.

11 hours ago, BigG94 said:

Yea I paid £89 to see GnRs last May at Slane. If i was only going 1 day I’d happily pay £100 to see them again. Thankfully I’m going for the 3 days. I’m going for GnRs alone everything else is a bonus

How were they? Seeing lots of reviews saying they're incredible so I'm happy to pay the £100, been on my bucket list for years.

Ticket prices are £89 for Friday and Sunday. £102 for Saturday so not overly surprised with that. Weird they haven't announced day splits yet but tickets are on sale.

Edited by Superunknown

You better not clash Manson, Alexisonfire and Zeal & Ardor Andy, you c**t.

Anyway,

Friday : Stray From The Path / Marmozets / Volbeat / Bullet For My Valentine / The Bronx / Avenged Sevenfold

Saturday : Rolo Tomassi / Bury Tomorrow / Knocked Loose / Babymetal / Parkway Drive / Guns N Roses

Sunday : Puppy / Hatebreed / Body Count / Marylin Manson / Alexisonfire / Zeal & Ardor / Rise Against

1 hour ago, Reece1617 said:

Day Splits. 

DaVMuVVWAAAUxdu.jpg

Saturday as I expected is appalling, the main stage is as bad as I've ever seen really for Download but many thought this anyway and not close to parting with that much money.

Friday is the best day for me but then it already was anyway, and Sunday what I want to see clashes.

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Superunknown said:

How were they? Seeing lots of reviews saying they're incredible so I'm happy to pay the £100, been on my bucket list for years.

Ticket prices are £89 for Friday and Sunday. £102 for Saturday so not overly surprised with that. Weird they haven't announced day splits yet but tickets are on sale.

Best band I’ve ever seen live and that’s no exaggeration imo. Their November Rain performance wad different level. Absolutely buzzing to see them again live.

9 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

Still another band for Friday main.

I've got 4 bands for Friday but they are like Bonston Manor, Marmozets, Volbeat and Andrew WK clashing and Bad Religion. That's about considering how long they'll play, £55s worth. If another band for main Friday changed that Volbeat and Andrew WK clash I'd consider it considering but I'd doubt that's where the addition will be.

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

Saturday as I expected is appalling, the main stage is as bad as I've ever seen really for Download but many thought this anyway and not close to parting with that much money.

It manages to concentrate the worst of the main stage, so it actually kind of makes the Main Stage undercard look better on the other two days.

Sunday is a great day. So good it manages to clash loads of quality acts and leaves the other days pretty sparse.

Does anyone find it strange that there's no Chris Cornell or Chester Bennington tribute attached to a stage name or anything? I know plenty don't find it of any use but it seems like something the festival would do. Particularly odd given that Copping claimed (don't quite believe it personally) that Linkin Park were due to headline this year.

Some of the placements are ridiculous and Saturday main is rubbish but that was kind of expected. Otherwise the day splits have made the festival a hell of a lot more appealing. According to the clashfinder (which of course may not be accurate but it probably has the general idea) I'd get to see most of the bands I really want to see and have a bit of time to watch NXT.

There won’t be another band on main on the Friday. Friday starts at 1pm compared to 11am on the rest of the days so there is always less bands on the Friday. Great to see Marmozets playing so high. Volbeat / Andrew WK is the only killer clash for me going by the clashfinder. 

Boston Manor > Employed To Serve > Ded > Stray From The Path > CKY > Andrew WK > Bullet For My Valentine > Avenged Sevenfold 

WSTR > Bury Tomorrow > Rolo Tomassi > Knocked Loose > Asking Alexandria > Babymetal > Parkway Drive > Guns N’ Roses 

Greta Van Fleet > Puppy > Hatebreed > Milk Teeth > Thrice > Jamie Lenman > Meshuggah > Alexisonfire > Marilyn Manson