Announcement reaction and highlights

ramragon

If you're that annoyed about the line up why are you going Cadski? 

Last year was my first time at the festival, didn't think too much of the line up to be honest but I loved it. Brilliant atmosphere and I actually enjoyed it more than Glastonbury. There are plenty of people out there who will take your ticket if you are that hung up about the line up.

And finally on another note, just because you don't like the line up doesn't mean everyone else feels the same.

Apologies for the rant x

Edited by Drfoxxx

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Drfoxxx said:

If you're that annoyed about the line up why are you going Cadski? 

Last year was my first time at the festival, didn't think too much of the line up to be honest but I loved it. Brilliant atmosphere and I actually enjoyed it more than Glastonbury. There are plenty of people out there who will take your ticket if you are that hung up about the line up.

And finally on another note, just because you don't like the line up doesn't mean everyone else feels the same.

Apologies for the rant x

I have been last six years and buy tickets as soon as I get home on early release payment plan. To my (family of 4) we use it as start of our holiday and travel after in camper to stay in Scotland/lakes/North Yorkshire/wherever, thats why I am going. Have tickets before line up even dreamt of. As soon as new year comes we cant wait for line up and you don't have to apologise for the rant and I have said before I am very unlucky this year. You must have bands you just can't see the attraction of. I am just gutted/unlucky this year but that's how I feel about nearly all of them.

Hopefully I will find my next favourite new comers and it will be more time spent in jager and woodlands and on the upside I don't have to make way back to main stage because nothing I want to see.

Forums are to rant and discuss and get things off your chest arent they? I dont actually use them very often, not doing anything wrong am I? and not after arguing just wanted to see if any one else felt same way. 

Last night posts were after bottle of red wine though!

See You In The Fields!!

4 hours ago, Mr_Grump said:

It's quite simple...twickets

People are crying out for tickets, if you think it's so shite this year then sell them.

Group of 16. As miserable as I may come across they all want me there!

See you in the fields!!

4 hours ago, Mr_Grump said:

What about their 2016 line up? Other than Secret Affair and Big Country (maybe The Coral) it does nothing for me.

As I said in my post yesterday, music is very subjective...if we all liked the same then what a boring boring boring world we'd live in.

I meant more as a price example and what they do for the ticket price I think is well impressive.

4 hours ago, Cadski said:

Group of 16. As miserable as I may come across they all want me there!

See you in the fields!!

who do you like usually? perhaps we could suggest a few of the smaller bands for you to get excited about on the line up, take the sting off not being enthused with the headliners

1 hour ago, thurlow84 said:

who do you like usually? perhaps we could suggest a few of the smaller bands for you to get excited about on the line up, take the sting off not being enthused with the headliners

Looking forward to Circa Waves and Rev and Makers. That's about it. Like most music just never got.on with any of the others.

Smiths Cure Foals. Love Grove Armada. Chemical Brothers best live act I have ever seen, at The Big Chill. Goldie lookin chain at Leeds years ago were also a good memory but that could have been in the moment. Johnny Marr at Kendal in the sun was also up there. Seen Morrissey at Leeds and Johnny marr at kendal. Never together though.

I'm in the same boat as Cadski. I'm a young 40 year old and (don't stone me) but I quite like modern music i.e. Chart stuff. I really don't know who to watch. I know the line up isn't be all and end all BUT, most of my friends aren't coming this year so I have to depend on 2 colleagues and the most wonderful 16 yr old festival buddy. Again don't stone me but I love festival type bands like beans on Toast, proffessor Elemental, Mr B the gentleman rhymer, Skinny lister, the lobster bloke and the hotpots *i whispered that last one!  So far I like the sound of The woman that sounds like Lily Allen (can't remember her name). Any suggestions to listen to would be amazing thanx x

14 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

I'm in the same boat as Cadski. I'm a young 40 year old and (don't stone me) but I quite like modern music i.e. Chart stuff. I really don't know who to watch. I know the line up isn't be all and end all BUT, most of my friends aren't coming this year so I have to depend on 2 colleagues and the most wonderful 16 yr old festival buddy. Again don't stone me but I love festival type bands like beans on Toast, proffessor Elemental, Mr B the gentleman rhymer, Skinny lister, the lobster bloke and the hotpots *i whispered that last one!  So far I like the sound of The woman that sounds like Lily Allen (can't remember her name). Any suggestions to listen to would be amazing thanx x

Do you mean Kate Nash?  Circa Waves sound good what I have heard of them and Reverand and the Makers are good. 

2 minutes ago, Cadski said:

1 man I did let pass me by was the rag and bone man. Liking him at the mo and would have put money on him never been at Kendal until I read something the other day. Gutted I missed him.

I missed him at glastonbury too. Never mind. There'll always be another opportunity. 

11 minutes ago, Cadski said:

Do you mean Kate Nash?  Circa Waves sound good what I have heard of them and Reverand and the Makers are good. 

I've seen Circa Waves a few times and they always put on a good show, hopefully the sun will be shining for their set or t shirt weather will be a bit lost

1 hour ago, Curlygirl said:

Why do you always have to lower the tone utter the hotpots curlywurly ? Thurlow has proper brain washed you ! 

Cmon cadski  at least agree the hotpots are shite ?

5 minutes ago, LOCHLAND5 said:

Why do you always have to lower the tone utter the hotpots curlywurly ? Thurlow has proper brain washed you ! 

Haha! I just like a good laugh and the hotpots made me laugh. Last year was the first time I'd seen them... cos of you may I add! You've always made me feel negative towards them! But... I went with the 16 year old because she said they were great, and I missed most of will varley as I was having such a good time. Maybe you should embrace egg, sausage chips and beans Lochland5!! 

P.S. Thurlow is always right when it comes to music and fun. He is the oracle!! ;)

Edited by Curlygirl

11 minutes ago, LOCHLAND5 said:

I recon they should headline this year.