Verified by Visa

rzwodezwo

So apparently my bank implemented a new process for Verified by Visa/Mastercard Safekey whatever and registration takes two days. Which means my credit card is basically useless for tomorrow. Anyone else got that problem/an idea on what to do? Pretty bummed right now. 

37 minutes ago, rzwodezwo said:

So apparently my bank implemented a new process for Verified by Visa/Mastercard Safekey whatever and registration takes two days. Which means my credit card is basically useless for tomorrow. Anyone else got that problem/an idea on what to do? Pretty bummed right now. 

they only check if the number is correct and the secure code match.

viel glück, bis juni!

:)

Edited by tullux

27 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

Seetickets disabled the 'verified by visa' part of the process, to make things quicker. Your bank will know its paying seetickets and not question it. 

My bank (barclays) questioned the transaction last year, via an automated call to me. Thankfully they didn't actually block it or I might be in prison right now.

9 minutes ago, LuckyS7rike said:

The tickets need to be purchased on a debit card if in the UK so your credit card would be no good for you anyway. 

I thought they had changed it this year? I'm sure you can use a credit card now

edit... you can, here it is

IMG_5203.PNG

Edited by Curlygirl

I almost lost out on thursday because barclays had briefly disabled my card due to "suspicious activity" at the final stage as I pressed purchase tickets. Bearing in mind I had ordered a new PS4 and several games in the hour before the sale, didn't even know I had signed up for anything like that. Thankfully I had my brother's card details handy because as he said "If we would have lost out on glasto because you wanted to play FIFA I would have never have forgiven you".

28 minutes ago, Aiden said:

I almost lost out on thursday because barclays had briefly disabled my card due to "suspicious activity" at the final stage as I pressed purchase tickets. Bearing in mind I had ordered a new PS4 and several games in the hour before the sale, didn't even know I had signed up for anything like that. Thankfully I had my brother's card details handy because as he said "If we would have lost out on glasto because you wanted to play FIFA I would have never have forgiven you".

You don't sign up for it, it's auto. Overuse of a card flags up as unusual activity. 

Just now, whisty said:

You don't sign up for it, it's auto. Overuse of a card flags up as unusual activity. 

I'd understand if I had lost the plot and was suddenly spending thousands online, but it was 2 transactions totalling just over £500, which I thought seemed overly cautious especially when I had so much relying on the 2nd purchase. Would have been an awful way of missing out.

1 minute ago, Aiden said:

I'd understand if I had lost the plot and was suddenly spending thousands online, but it was 2 transactions totalling just over £500, which I thought seemed overly cautious especially when I had so much relying on the 2nd purchase. Would have been an awful way of missing out.

Just curious, how often would you spend that figure in one day? 

Just now, whisty said:

Just curious, how often would you spend that figure in one day? 

Average night out for me that chief.....

.....But in all seriousness I'm pretty broke so the bank probably just thought they were saving me from bankruptcy or something. Who'd have thought a greedy bank would actively try and keep me out of that overdraft I've managed to keep out of for 3 years.

5 minutes ago, Aiden said:

It's about more than just the total amount, it'll be relative. They'll have an algorithm that compares the live usage to your historical usage, and it'll also factor in the type of purchase I don't know for sure but I suspect that electronics would be near the top of the list to flag up as a thief can turn them around on ebay/down the pub quickly for a nice return.

Just now, incident said:

It's about more than just the total amount, it'll be relative. They'll have an algorithm that compares the live usage to your historical usage, and it'll also factor in the type of purchase I don't know for sure but I suspect that electronics would be near the top of the list to flag up as a thief can turn them around on ebay/down the pub quickly for a nice return.

It's my 5th year purchasing them, the algorithm should have been anticipating T-day as much as these bloody forums!

My understanding was that the transactions aren't processed in real time - they go into a queue and are processed over the next hour or so, longer than it takes to sell out. So problems aren't flagged up until after the sale. I'm sure I'v heard stories of people being told the card was declined a day later, and then See getting alternative payment details from them?