Benicassim 2017

rpfranks

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

57 minutes ago, GuinnessSupper said:

A long shot, but we're flying into Barcelona and getting the train from Sants to Beni. We've a few hours to between our flight landing and our train to Beni. 

Has anyone ever bought tents in Barcelona and brought them down to Beni? I've googled it and there are some camping shops near Sants but your paying €60 for the cheapest one and you don't need a waterproof/bear proof tent for a festival. 

A more general question, would they sell tents in Barcelona supermarkets? 

We were considering the same but decided to get them here and just strap them to the bags in the end.

What time does your flight land and when does your train leave?

55 minutes ago, GuinnessSupper said:

A long shot, but we're flying into Barcelona and getting the train from Sants to Beni. We've a few hours to between our flight landing and our train to Beni. 

Has anyone ever bought tents in Barcelona and brought them down to Beni? I've googled it and there are some camping shops near Sants but your paying €60 for the cheapest one and you don't need a waterproof/bear proof tent for a festival. 

A more general question, would they sell tents in Barcelona supermarkets? 

Decathlon has tents from 20 euros: https://www.decathlon.es/C-1035735-tiendas-de-campana-refugios-y-parasoles/N-127842-precio~de-12.99-a-50~euros It looks like you can do Click and Collect so you know it won't be a wasted journey too.

There's one just below Plaça de Catalunya (stick Decathlon Ciutat Vella in your phone): https://www.decathlon.es/es/store?store_id=PS_ES_23

My advice is get the bus from the airport to Plaça de Catalunya (http://www.aerobusbcn.com/) then just get the Metro back to Sants. 

Hi lads first time to benicasim and wondering a few things.... Would travelling down to benicasim on the Thursday morning be a bad idea? Would the campsite be full? Also we might have one of the lads meeting us later so would we be able to take his tent and set it up with ours? Cheers 

On 6/29/2017 at 9:37 AM, JohnMo85 said:

i have emailed them a couple times previously and heard nothing back

I think there is just the 1 bus (hence why the first one didn't come to la concha as it was full!)

Not surprised you haerd nothing back - the guy who runs it is one of the biggest arseholes I've after have to deal with. Thankfully the guys who run the buses are ok, but he's a horrible c***

BTW are we gettin excited yet people or what!? I can't wait!

Is there anything going on in oropesa or failing that benicassim the night before the festival begins? Usually is in beni I know but thought I'd ask and see what is happening

2 hours ago, pigshair123 said:

What time does your flight land and when does your train leave?

Flight gets in at 9.45am, train at 12pm. Hopefully enough time.

2 hours ago, schoolyb said:

Decathlon has tents from 20 euros: https://www.decathlon.es/C-1035735-tiendas-de-campana-refugios-y-parasoles/N-127842-precio~de-12.99-a-50~euros It looks like you can do Click and Collect so you know it won't be a wasted journey too.

There's one just below Plaça de Catalunya (stick Decathlon Ciutat Vella in your phone): https://www.decathlon.es/es/store?store_id=PS_ES_23

My advice is get the bus from the airport to Plaça de Catalunya (http://www.aerobusbcn.com/) then just get the Metro back to Sants. 

Never even thought of click and collect - great idea. There's actually a decathlon a 20 min walk from Sants train station. Plan is to get the train from the airport to Sants, then walk to the decathlon to collect our tents and chairs (time permitting). That way we can arrive in Beni, pitch up and leave our stuff there and head into town for a beer relatively early. 

Cheers lads for the advice.

1 hour ago, BeniSesh said:

Hi lads first time to benicasim and wondering a few things.... Would travelling down to benicasim on the Thursday morning be a bad idea? Would the campsite be full? Also we might have one of the lads meeting us later so would we be able to take his tent and set it up with ours? Cheers 

Campsite is sold out this year so it will be pretty busy on Thursday. Obviously if you have a ticket there will be room for you though. It might be tricky to camp with your mate as they tell you where to pitch your tent when you arrive.

18 hours ago, pigshair123 said:

I'm partial to a bit of James vincent mcmorrrow.

Also south beach pool party is good for killing time 

So if I was to see JVM (I am), will it be at a pool party? I've never been to Benicassim before.

5 minutes ago, Cian T said:

So if I was to see JVM (I am), will it be at a pool party? I've never been to Benicassim before.

When I went in 2015, South Beach was just a small motel style area with a sandy courtyard and a few pools. I believe this has now been extended to this plus a full stage. I'd expect him to be on the stage with DJ's playing in the motel area.

14 minutes ago, neilleeds88 said:

Campsite is sold out this year so it will be pretty busy on Thursday. Obviously if you have a ticket there will be room for you though. It might be tricky to camp with your mate as they tell you where to pitch your tent when you arrive.

Cheers, can anyone confirm that if I bring an extra tent when I go in then I can just set it up and he can meet us the next day then? 

3 minutes ago, BeniSesh said:

Cheers, can anyone confirm that if I bring an extra tent when I go in then I can just set it up and he can meet us the next day then? 

That should be fine. Just tell them how many tents you have and they'll put you with in a space big enough. I don't think they'll let you keep a free space next to you and wait though. Can't see any issues with you setting up the tent.

42 minutes ago, Al Wallace said:

I think there is just the 1 bus (hence why the first one didn't come to la concha as it was full!)

Not surprised you haerd nothing back - the guy who runs it is one of the biggest arseholes I've after have to deal with. Thankfully the guys who run the buses are ok, but he's a horrible c***

Is there anything going on in oropesa or failing that benicassim the night before the festival begins? Usually is in beni I know but thought I'd ask and see what is happening

That would be a bit shitty for everyone who has bought a la Concha shuttle ticket. If the bus gets filled up in Marina Dor then everyone waiting at la Concha is f*cked! They are the "official" festival shuttle bus this year apparently so i would have thought they want to avoid mass complaints so that they can keep "official" status for future festivals! 

Im getting excited! warming up with TRNSMT festival in Glasgow this weekend! I have a group of 7 arriving in Orpessa on Wednesday, not sure if there is anything on but will most definitely be up for some kind of party. If all else fails, all festival goers should meet up on the beach and throw our own party

19 minutes ago, neilleeds88 said:

That should be fine. Just tell them how many tents you have and they'll put you with in a space big enough. I don't think they'll let you keep a free space next to you and wait though. Can't see any issues with you setting up the tent.

Ah, so they are separate. That's cool, thank you!

46 minutes ago, Cian T said:

Nah it will be on the normal south beach dance stage

2 hours ago, Al Wallace said:

I have had a reply from the Danesp guys who have assured me that "The La Concha beach service is independent of the Marina Dor service" which is good news! I think it would have been crazy to only have 1 bus. 

2 hours ago, Al Wallace said:

This is the only thing I've seen so far.  If it's the place I think it at, it's just around the corner from VillaCamp, at the back/end of the town centre (by the railway bridge to nowhere!!!), so 25-30 min walk from CampFest https://www.facebook.com/events/329575024130961/

NEW FOR FIB 217 OFFICIAL SHUTTLE SERVICE FROM OROPESA LA CONCHA BEACH/MORRO DE GOS  and MARINA DOR HOLIDAY RESORT - two separated services DIRECT TO/AND Festival.

full information from Danesp.com/fib  or the fiberfib.com websites

6 hours ago, JohnMo85 said:

I have had a reply from the Danesp guys who have assured me that "The La Concha beach service is independent of the Marina Dor service" which is good news! I think it would have been crazy to only have 1 bus. 

Ahh good to hear mate sorry if my info was duff. We may end up getting the coach ourselves, we're staying in an airbnb who were considering running their own taxi service but nothing concrete as of yet i dont think

I checked googlemaps today and forgot how quiet oropesa was! we get there from barcelona the Wednesday too, may just chill at the beach with a few cans for a bit, possibly hit a bar or 2 if there's anything going on but the apartment we're in has a terrace with a bbq so if theres nowt happening in oropesa we'll be making the most of that until Beni starts probably. But if there's a beach party we will fucking have a piece, haha!

Edited by Al Wallace

6 hours ago, andytommo said:

This is the only thing I've seen so far.  If it's the place I think it at, it's just around the corner from VillaCamp, at the back/end of the town centre (by the railway bridge to nowhere!!!), so 25-30 min walk from CampFest https://www.facebook.com/events/329575024130961/

Cheers mate will keep it in mind and see how the trip plans out!

I am all booked for the festival, and am camping but we're arriving a day early and staying in a hostel in Benicassim. Has anyone been before and know how far the festival campsite is from Benicassim town? Someone has told me that it is a long way to the campsite and I need to know whether i should be booking transport there?

9 minutes ago, sam12345678 said:

I am all booked for the festival, and am camping but we're arriving a day early and staying in a hostel in Benicassim. Has anyone been before and know how far the festival campsite is from Benicassim town? Someone has told me that it is a long way to the campsite and I need to know whether i should be booking transport there?

Its walkable from the town. Probably about 20-30mins at a leisurely stroll. I usually walk there and back everyday but in hindsight this is probably why I end up with huge blisters.

A taxi will only be a few euro though and there is a taxi stop outside the supermarket.

3 hours ago, sam12345678 said:

Doing the same, what hotel are you staying at?

3 hours ago, neilleeds88 said:

Its walkable from the town. Probably about 20-30mins at a leisurely stroll. I usually walk there and back everyday but in hindsight this is probably why I end up with huge blisters.

A taxi will only be a few euro though and there is a taxi stop outside the supermarket.

I made that mistake first year i went. 

Walk down and then bus back fully stocked with cheap booze from Lidl. 

Roll on Monday!