Benicassim 2017

rpfranks

1 hour ago, gregory said:

Agreed, he's been booked on status alone, but his album, which he'll be promoting, could turn out to be w*nk, as could his band. Still, sounds like as long as he plays wonderwall the average FIB-goer will be happy ;)  Let's hope he proves us wrong

i'll give him a go , looking forward to hearing the album

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, gregory said:

I'll be watching too :) Apparently Drew McConnell from Babyshambles is on bass. That's all known so far

I saw Beady Eye at Beni and wasn't that impressed to be honest but i'll give him a listen , nowt to lose

Someone mentioned Live at Leeds earlier.  I'd be surprised if that has any exclusivity agreements in place to be honest. Only a one day festival and wouldn't have thought they'd have enough cash to get exclusivities.  I'm going to that this year, mainly for Frightened Rabbit but also as there were loads of good acts too.  But it being a one day festival they all fucking clash with each other.  What's the point in that?  I can't understand why it's only one day. I've already decided privately to myself that I'm not going to enjoy it.  Has nowt on 4 days at Beni with a good sprinkling of acts and no clashes.

Alright,

first time going to benicassim this year and loving the line up! Just a few questions to help us out and any answers would be appreciated.

is it worth getting there Monday as soon as for a decent camping spot?

is it worth purchasing an ice bucket/locker?

we're getting the train Monday from Barcelona, is the station in benicassim far from the camp site?

whats the usual time the festival starts and finishes? 

Is it worth taking a tarp for shade as we're in normal camping so imagine it's not all in shade?

1 hour ago, Jcs1990 said:

Alright,

first time going to benicassim this year and loving the line up! Just a few questions to help us out and any answers would be appreciated.

is it worth getting there Monday as soon as for a decent camping spot? I'VE NEVER CAMPED, BUT HAVE ALWAYS HEARD OVER THE YEARS THAT THE BEST SPOTS GOES TO THOSE WHO ARRIVE MON/TUE

is it worth purchasing an ice bucket/locker? 

we're getting the train Monday from Barcelona, is the station in benicassim far from the camp site? ABOUT 15-20 MIN WALK AWAY

whats the usual time the festival starts and finishes? 7PM-5AM on THU, 7PM-7AM FRI TO SUN. HEADLINERS USUALLY PLAY 1AM-2.30AM. BANDS USUALLY FINISH ABOUT 4AM, THEN DJS THEREAFTER.

Is it worth taking a tarp for shade as we're in normal camping so imagine it's not all in shade? MIGHT BE WORTH IT. PREVIOUS CAMPERS PROBABLE HAVE A BETTER REPLY THAN I  CAN GIVE YOU.

Any idea when the next announcement's gonna be? I was hoping it'd be this week based on last year's announcements but that's not looking likely now...

In other news, the fiber leaks twitter account just posted this, whoever they are.

C9OEj7IXkAA_LrF.jpg

11 minutes ago, Twice said:

Any idea when the next announcement's gonna be? I was hoping it'd be this week based on last year's announcements but that's not looking likely now...

In other news, the fiber leaks twitter account just posted this, whoever they are.

C9OEj7IXkAA_LrF.jpg

It's Dream Wife. Says at the bottom of the pic.

47 minutes ago, Twice said:

C9OEj7IXkAA_LrF.jpg

I just watched a vid on youtube and they need to work on their serve ...

15 hours ago, Kasumih said:

Anyone gonna be making their way to Beni from Ireland ? Barely ran into any Irish last year would love to run into a few more this year.

Most Irish people are easy to spot, early hours, bags of cans, pure pint men, still unsure? Sprinkle a bit of water on them and see if they transform like something out the Gremlins.

Sesh gremlins.

Edited by MrLSFerguson

15 hours ago, Kasumih said:

Anyone gonna be making their way to Beni from Ireland ? Barely ran into any Irish last year would love to run into a few more this year.

Last time I went (2013) there was plenty of Irish. Accidentally happened to set up camp next to a group of Irish and a group from the North. Our corner of the camp site was predominantly Irish (North and South) - turn left when you get into the campsite and go as far as you can until you're at the fences separating the campsite from the arena. It was probably just a coincidence but if we can't get shade this year we'll probably end up there again. 

We also unearthed many other sesh gremlins dotted throughout the campsite. And they all came out of the woodwork for a Coronas set. We really have no shame.