Lineup 2018

22 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Because Deaf Havana are surely an even weaker sub than Twin Atlantic? Or am I underestimating them? 

Feel like I've been underestimating them a lot as in my predictions they were always about 6th/5th NME.

The point I was making was that Twin Atlantic were a weaker sub, weaker than the acts below, but placed there regardless and not forced down.

As I keep saying; put someone above them and Deaf Havana clashes with PATD and Sigrid potentially clashes with Dua Lipa. That'd be dumb.

Edited by dentalplan

8 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Aye only place for them unless they're on main again.

Bet they're just chucked somewhere completely random on the R1 Stage instead. Like The Front Bottoms and Don Broco have been.

Still expecting the likes of Kaleo and MØ and Cigarettes After Sex to appear in mid-to-high NME slots as they're around and certainly seem game for a booking.

anyone reckon we could see a special guest for the Saturday? RB possibility idk? if not, any other cheeky predictions for a possible main stage guest? might rescue the lineup as almost all the "big" band slots seem to be occupied by uninspiring acts (kol/fob/p!atd).

• Downvote 2

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Bet they're just chucked somewhere completely random on the R1 Stage instead. Like The Front Bottoms and Don Broco have been.

Still expecting the likes of Kaleo and MØ and Cigarettes After Sex to appear in mid-to-high NME slots as they're around and certainly seem game for a booking.

Yeah, I thought Front Bottoms would be higher.

Just finished a U.K. tour with a fair number of dates on the tour.Saw them in Bristol O2 academy last week and I know they played the roundhouse the next night so decent sized venues.

50 minutes ago, ket said:

anyone reckon we could see a special guest for the Saturday? RB possibility idk? if not, any other cheeky predictions for a possible main stage guest? might rescue the lineup as almost all the "big" band slots seem to be occupied by uninspiring acts (kol/fob/p!atd).

No.

• Downvote 3

On 03/03/2018 at 3:48 PM, MIchael_scarn said:

Like I said though all the above are safe bookings and for the average indie punter they'd probably be rather happy with that (you can lump Courteeners in with them too). 

Having seen all of the above a number of times, I'm bored of R+L having the same names in those slots over and over again and want something different like i'm sure is the same with a lot of people on this forum. It makes sense in my mind to not have the same bands almost on a 2 year rotation and would surely benefit the festival in the long run, but on the other hand you have the people who are expecting the wombats, courteeners etc almost every year which R+L seem to give in to and therefore we end up with the same boring acts. 

Bookings like EE, Friendly Fires, The Cribs, The Streets, Editors, would have made me as an indie fan so much more excited for the festival but instead they stick with the same boring, lacklustre bands every year as they don't want to take a risk on more out there acts for these positions on the lineup.

Except The Kooks and The Wombats haven't played main in the past 12 years at least...

I agree with the last paragraph though.

49 minutes ago, bigcharlie65 said:

lovin the new superorganisim album chances of playing low down maybe low down Radio 1 stage or high up festival republic stage?

It’s a decent record yeah. I imagine it’ll be one of those slots or possibly on the Dance Stage. Would be mildly surprised if they didn’t feature.

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Quite possibly. Might not be announced until after Download though.

cheers. Didn't even see that they are at Download. Quite low down though for a band i thought were getting a lot of hype around them. Would they be Low Radio 1 stage if they played? 

They dont know how to run a fucking business. If they had any sense at all the lineup would be arranged like:

Fall out boy, Panic at the disco, Sum 41, Creeper, Billy talent

Kendrick Lamar, Tavis Scott, Skepta, Dua Lipa , Post Malone

Kings of leon, Courteeners, The kooks, The vaccines, The wombats.

clearly would sell more tickets.

• Downvote 5

1 minute ago, Markjensen said:

They dont know how to run a fucking business. If they had any sense at all the lineup would be arranged like:

Fall out boy, Panic at the disco, Sum 41, Creeper, Billy talent

Kendrick Lamar, Tavis Scott, Skepta, Dua Lipa , Post Malone

Kings of leon, Courteeners, The kooks, The vaccines, The wombats.

clearly would sell more tickets.

nah

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

"All the stuff I want to see is on one day! One weekend ticket please."

Or make unmissable days and make day tickets more expensive? And tailor the genres on the other stages different to the main stage? Some creativity wouldnt go amiss here bloody hell.

Edited by Markjensen
  • Downvote 3

Just now, Markjensen said:

Or make unmissable days and make day tickets more expensive? And have the other stages dedicated to different demographics to that on the main stage? Some creativity wouldnt go amiss here bloody hell.

So you want them to turn it into BST? Where nobody ever buys a weekend ticket and instead everyone goes for day tickets?

• Downvote 1

Or make unmissable days and make day tickets more expensive? And have the other stages dedicated to different demographics to that on the main stage? Some creativity wouldnt go amiss here bloody hell.

Different stages and different days designated for particular subsets of fans? That's the opposite of creativity.

They want people to camp and they want people to move between stages.

1 minute ago, Mattymooz said:

So you want them to turn it into BST? Where nobody ever buys a weekend ticket and instead everyone goes for day tickets?

No one goes because Hyde park is rubbish.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Different stages and different days designated for particular subsets of fans? That's the opposite of creativity.

They want people to camp and they want people to move between stages.

set day tickets at £130. No one will have booze back at camp so theyll have no choice but to buy from the bars. Weekend punters will prefer it as they dont need to walk to and back from the arena.

• Downvote 2

set day tickets at £130. No one will have booze back at camp so theyll have no choice but to buy from the bars. Weekend punters will prefer it as they dont need to walk to and back from the arena.

£130 for a day ticket? That's higher than anywhere in Europe. And you're suggesting they offer Kings of Leon, Courteeners, Wombats, Kooks and Vaccines for that?

5 minutes ago, Markjensen said:

Damn you have such great business sense basically the new Richard Branson. Why don't you set up you're own festival eh? I'm sure it'll sell really damn well at those prices :)