Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
The Ghost Of Eddie

Dream Line Up

Recommended Posts

Who would your dream line up be? Can be dead or alive, together or broken up, playing albums in full, anything. Will be interesting to see what some people come up with, try to keep it realistic with where bands would be placed though. Bold other peoples line ups on the bands you'd see too.

Here's mine.

Friday:

Muse
Royal Blood
Jamie T
Catfish & The Bottlemen
Slaves
Bloodhound Gang
Fidlar
Moose Blood
Black Peaks

NME: Limp Bizkit

Pit: Skindred

FR: Feeder

Saturday:

Rage Against The Machine
Slipknot
The Offspring
A Day To Remember
Marmozets
Less Than Jake
Beartooth
+44
Creeper

NME: You Me At Six

Pit: Papa Roach

FR: Suede

Sunday:

Nirvana
The Smashing Pumpkins
Weezer
Twin Atlantic
Sum 41
Good Charlotte
Pvris
Hacktivist
Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes

NME: Thirty Seconds To Mars

Lock Up: The All-American Rejects

FR: The Streets

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay I've made a start, this is it so far and I'll keep working on it and give a full version later

 

Friday

Main
Radiohead
Paolo Nutini
Sonic Youth
HAIM

NME
Plan B
Jungle

 

Saturday

Main
Rage Against the Machine
System of a Down
Bloc Party
Wolf Alice

NME
Jeff Buckley
Ben Howard

 

Sunday

Main
Kendrick Lamar
Faithless
The 1975
Public Enemy

NME
Bombay Bicycle Club
The Wombats

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, The Ghost Of Eddie said:

Who would your dream line up be? Can be dead or alive, together or broken up, playing albums in full, anything. Will be interesting to see what some people come up with, try to keep it realistic with where bands would be placed though. Bold other peoples line ups on the bands you'd see too.

Here's mine.

Friday:

Muse
Royal Blood
Jamie T
Catfish & The Bottlemen
Slaves
Bloodhound Gang
Fidlar
Moose Blood
Black Peaks

NME: Limp Bizkit

Pit: Skindred

FR: Feeder

Saturday:

Rage Against The Machine
Slipknot
The Offspring
A Day To Remember
Marmozets
Less Than Jake
Beartooth
+44
Creeper

NME: You Me At Six

Pit: Papa Roach

FR: Suede

Sunday:

Nirvana
The Smashing Pumpkins
Weezer
Twin Atlantic
Sum 41
Good Charlotte
Pvris
Hacktivist
Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes

NME: Thirty Seconds To Mars

Lock Up: The All-American Rejects

FR: The Streets

it seems that your music taste is quite similar to mine! Just a few things I wouldn't have (your headline clashes are killing me by the way!)

I'm a fan of Royal Blood and have seen them numerous times but I don't ever want to see them that high the lineup. They've released one album which was great for their emergence and the first tour but it doesn't warrant them being that high up. Maybe it'll be merited on the 2nd album release but their arrogance at Reading 2015 was massively off putting for me.

Slipknot and Rage would be insane! Not sure I'd have the energy for near on 4 hours of carnage.

I think in the current climate, Pvris could actually come in higher than Good Charlotte (completely contradicting what I said above one album).

 

Edit: also couldn't see 30 seconds to mars dropping to NME headline

Edited by AndrewSmith

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, AndrewSmith said:

I'm a fan of Royal Blood and have seen them numerous times but I don't ever want to see them that high the lineup. They've released one album which was great for their emergence and the first tour but it doesn't warrant them being that high up. Maybe it'll be merited on the 2nd album release but their arrogance at Reading 2015 was massively off putting for me.

I thought their arrogance pretty much made the set imho, made it a proper rock set . however I was fairly inebriated at the time and memories are hazy 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Friday:

Rage Against The Machine
Pixies
Kendrick Lamar
Weezer
Chvrches
The Hives
The Roots
Courtney Barnett
The Computers

NME: The National

FR: James Blake

Saturday:

Kasabian
Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds
Jack White
The Maccabees
Catfish and The Bottlemen
Phoenix
Editors
Savages
Blossoms

NME: Nine Inch Nails

FR: Twenty One Pilots

Sunday:

Queens Of The Stone Age
Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds
Beck
Jamie T
The 1975
The Courteeners
Wolf Alice
Fidlar
Deap Vally

NME: Run The Jewels

FR: Ryan Adams

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Much harder than I thought

Friday:

Radiohead
Mumford & Sons
Alt-J
The 1975
Two Door Cinema Club
Nothing But Thieves
The Wombats
Band of Skulls
Sundara Karma

NME: Fall Out boy

FR: PVRIS

PIT: The Rifles

Saturday:

Arctic Monkeys
Kasabian
Foals
Vaccines
Maccabees
Courteeners
Circa Waves
Miles Kane

NME: Enter Shikari

FR: The Subways

PIT: Crossfaith

Sunday:

Muse
Biffy Clyro
Paramore
You Me At Six
Slaves
Twin Atlantic
Dirty Pretty Things
Idlewild
Hands Like Houses

NME: Wolf Alice

FR: Kill It Kid

PIT: Basement

 

Saturday is completely unrealistic and there are still so many bands I'd want to include (Foo, Green Day, QOTSA, Prodigy, Libertines, Arcade Fire, Nirvana, The Strokes, Blur, Prince, Bowie, 30STM, BMTH, Catfish & The Bottlemen, Crystal Castles...etc.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Main: Nirvana // Queens of the Stone Age // Pixies // Them Crooked Vultures // Tears For Fears // Sum 41 // Marmozets // Heaven's Basement // Lady Danville
NME: Pendulum // Foals (Secret Set)
Pit: Monster Magnet
Dance: Tchami
FR: Hippo Campus
 

Main: Daft Punk // The Smashing Pumpkins // Soundgarden // Limp Bizkit // Yeah Yeah Yeahs // The Kooks (Inside In / Inside Out in full) // José González // Youth Lagoon // The War on Drugs
NME: Royal Blood // The Streets
Pit: Serj Tankian (joined by System of a Down for Chop Suey)
Dance: Kavinsky
FR: Feeder

Main: Rage Against The Machine // The Prodigy // Velvet Revolver // Stone Sour // Living Colour // Wolfmother // Less Than Jake // Basement // Enter Shikari (Special Guest Opener)
NME: Amy Winehouse // James Blake
Lock-Up: Good Charlotte 
Dance: Zhu
FR: Echo & The Bunnymen

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, AndrewSmith said:

Much harder than I thought

Friday:

Radiohead
Mumford & Sons
Alt-J
The 1975
Two Door Cinema Club
Nothing But Thieves
The Wombats
Band of Skulls
Sundara Karma

NME: Fall Out boy

FR: PVRIS

PIT: The Rifles

Saturday:

Arctic Monkeys
Kasabian
Foals
Vaccines
Maccabees
Courteeners
Circa Waves
Miles Kane

NME: Enter Shikari

FR: The Subways

PIT: Crossfaith

Sunday:

Muse
Biffy Clyro

Paramore
You Me At Six
Slaves

Twin Atlantic
Dirty Pretty Things
Idlewild
Hands Like Houses

NME: Wolf Alice

FR: Kill It Kid

PIT: Basement

 

Saturday is completely unrealistic and there are still so many bands I'd want to include (Foo, Green Day, QOTSA, Prodigy, Libertines, Arcade Fire, Nirvana, The Strokes, Blur, Prince, Bowie, 30STM, BMTH, Catfish & The Bottlemen, Crystal Castles...etc.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Friday:

Biffy Clyro/QOTSA (Co Headline)

Royal Blood

30 Seconds To Mars

Slaves

Twin Atlantic

Saturday:

Muse

Alter Bridge ( I know not suited to R&L but still would be a dream...)

Angels and Airwaves (specifically only tracks from WDNTW, I Empire and Love part 1 and 2)

Frightened Rabbit

The Temper Trap

Sunday  

Rage Against The Machine

Bring Me The Horizon

Slash

XX

Don Broco

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FRIDAY

Led Zeppelin

Biffy Clyro

The Smiths (Secret Set)

The White Stripes

The Hives

Slaves

Drenge

Mystery Jets

Frank Turner & The Sleeping Souls

NME/R1

Tame Impala

MGMT

Peace

Palma Violets ('180' In Full)

Blossoms

FR

Maximo Park

Django Django

SATUDAY

Foals

Arctic Monkeys (With No Tracks From 'AM')

Blur

The Last Shadow Puppets

The National

Jeff Buckley

The Coral

Ezra Furman

Sundara Karma

NME/R1

Queens Of The Stone Age

Nirvana (Secret Set)

Wolf Alice

Circa Waves

Swim Deep

FR

The Wombats

King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard

 

 

SUNDAY

Muse

Pink Floyd

The Libertines (Only Tracks From Their First Two Albums)

Supergrass

The Courteeners

The Kooks (Heavy Focus On Tracks From 'Inside In/Inside Out'

The Fratellis

The Vryll Society

The Gaslight Anthem

NME/R!

The Strokes ('Is This It' In Full)

Catfish & The Bottlemen

Everything Everything ('Get To Heaven' In Full)

Spector

Cage The Elephant

FR

 

 

Sigur Ros

VANT

 

 

Completely Unrealistic. Apologies for the blank space; couldn't find a way to remove it

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Foals/Disclosure
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Friday

Biffy Clyro
My Chemical Romance
Pixies
Enter Shikari
Death From Above 1979
Billy Talent
Fighstar
The Receiving End of Sirens
Canterbury

Saturday

Arcade Fire
Queens of the Stone Age
The National
Brand New
Editors
dEUS
Coheed and Cambria
Future of the Left
Letlive

Sunday

System of a Down
Nine Inch Nails
Deftones
Jimmy Eat World
Devin Townsend Project
Mastodon
The Dillinger Escape Plan
Silversun Pickups
Cursive

Not putting anyone on the other stages as would want them to be terrible so could see all the bands I've put here. PS top two of each day would be co headlining. 90 mins minium set for each headliner.

Edited by SOAD
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Friday:

Rage against the machine
Royal blood
The offspring
Kaiser chiefs
Cage the elephant
Hollywood undead
P.o.d
The bohicas
Pretty vicious

Saturday:

Gorillaz
The black keys
Catfish and the bottlemen
Rise against
Sum 41
Circa waves
The subways
Lit
Zebrahead

Sunday:

Green day
Pendulum
Run the jewels
Limp bizkit
Don broco
Pvris
Yellowcard
Moose blood
Creeper

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The people who do it for more than one stage, why have clashes in your dream line-up ? surely an ideal line-up would consist of none of your favourite bands clashing.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fri - Linkin Park

Royal blood

A day to remember 

Passenger 

Of mice and men

Architects 

Halestorm

Black peaks

While she sleeps.      NME - Bastille

Sat - NWA

Calvin Harris 

One republic 

Korn

Rudimental

Pretty Reckless

Bury Tomorrow 

Highly Suspect

Against the current.       NME - Kaiser Chiefs

Sun - Gorillaz 

Bring me the horizon 

Black keys

Jess Glynne 

Paulo Nutini

Marmosets

Memphis may fire 

Beartooth 

Mariachi el Bronx .      NME - Bullet for my valentine 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Friday:
Nirvana (Playing Bleach, Nevermind and In Utero in full)
System Of A Down
The Offspring
The Streets
Slaves
Sum 41
Mallory Knox
Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes
You Me At Six (Secret Set)

Saturday:
Oasis (Ending with a Liam vs Noel brawl on stage followed by a permenent break up)
The Smashing Pumpkins
Royal Blood (Playing Royal Blood in full)
Feeder (With Jon Lee on the drums)
Marmozets
Good Charlotte
Beartooth
Creeper
Jamie T (Opening Set)

Sunday:
Rage Against The Machine
Slipknot
Limp Bizkit v Korn (Double Set length, playing both bands songs)
Twin Atlantic
The Hives
Young Guns
Hacktivist
Black Peaks
 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Friday
Neds Atomic Dustbin
Ride
Senseless Things
Sultans of Ping FC
Kingmaker (featuring a return of the 'four eyes is back' frisbees)
Circa Waves
The Drowners
Frank & Walters

Saturday
Wonder Stuff
Weezer
Beastie Boys
Lemonheads
PWEI
Kid Wave
Mega City Four
Ben Kweller 

Sunday
New Order/Joy Division combo set (inc Hooky & Ian)
Whipping Boy
Smashing Pumpkins (just the hits please Billy)
Therapy?
Senser (playing Stacked Up)
Twin Atlantic
Belly
Frank Turner (just the first couple of records solo set)
 

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Gozpot said:

Friday:
Nirvana (Playing Bleach, Nevermind and In Utero in full)
System Of A Down
The Offspring
The Streets
Slaves
Sum 41
Mallory Knox
Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes
You Me At Six (Secret Set)

Saturday:
Oasis (Ending with a Liam vs Noel brawl on stage followed by a permenent break up)
The Smashing Pumpkins
Royal Blood (Playing Royal Blood in full)
Feeder (With Jon Lee on the drums)
Marmozets
Good Charlotte
Beartooth
Creeper
Jamie T (Opening Set)

Sunday:
Rage Against The Machine
Slipknot
Limp Bizkit v Korn (Double Set length, playing both bands songs)
Twin Atlantic
The Hives
Young Guns
Hacktivist
Black Peaks
 

Saturday headline is a peach hope we get that next year instead of Florence and the machine or kasabian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Friday:

Kendrick Lamar (co)
QOTSA (co)
The Replacements (80s era)
Foster the People
Deaf Havana
The Shins
Cloud Nothings
Bear Tooth
 
Pendulum 
 
Saturday:
Arcade Fire
My Bloody Valentine
Sonic Youth
Ride
Jesus and Mary Chain
Lush
Drenge
Mystery Jets
King Gizzard
 
Faith No More
 
Sunday:
RHCP
Tame Impala
Pendulum
Pavement
Peace
Wombats
Swim Deep
Anderson Paak
 
The xx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OscarEB said:

Saturday headline is a peach hope we get that next year instead of Florence and the machine or kasabian

I don't feel the set would be complete without the onstage fight. Just wouldn't feel like we would have seen Oasis.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/05/2016 at 9:14 PM, Gozpot said:

Friday:
Nirvana (Playing Bleach, Nevermind and In Utero in full)

Saturday:
Oasis (Ending with a Liam vs Noel brawl on stage followed by a permenent break up)

Sunday:
Rage Against The Machine
 

I'd do bad things for that as a headline trio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The Ghost Of Eddie said:

I'd do bad things for that as a headline trio

What do we need to do in order to get Melvin to create a time machine, go back in time, save Kurt Cobain, make sure they carry on creating fantastic music, get Oasis back together, get Rage back together and to then book these three as headliners?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×