Ticket Competitions

cb4747

2 minutes ago, LittleA said:

Same link then?

Yeah same link, and again, as you can see from the drop down menu, all the papers participating are listed. I've not looked much further into it but I imagine they're under an umbrella publisher or something, who have a single pair of tickets to give away. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, emilyboris said:

Yeah same link, and again, as you can see from the drop down menu, all the papers participating are listed. I've not looked much further into it but I imagine they're under an umbrella publisher or something, who have a single pair of tickets to give away. 

Thanks. 

30 minutes ago, emilyboris said:

No probs, cheers again for posting the pic when it came out! Hopefully someone on here will be getting that phonecall next week

No worries. I've found competitions on this thread that I wasn't aware of so thought it's only right to share. Yeah hopefully we'll get a few more of us down to pilton come the time.

55 minutes ago, LittleA said:

Thanks. Do you think they are treating them as seperate competitions? I have the western daily press at home but I'm not in the Bristol catchment so can't tell. Don't want to enter "twice" and get disqualified.

Yeah I'd just entry the once if I was you. I did from my understanding of it 

11 hours ago, Mandroman said:

You could've been visiting and bought a paper then. That's my story if I get pulled out of the hat. 

12 hours ago, Lucy92 said:

The boy lives in Somerset so I put his local paper down. The competition rules are no purchase necessary so it doesn't matter if your postcode is different just pick whatever one you saw online :) 

Cheers guys. I did look at the T&Cs but wanted to check I hadn't missed something obvious!

Just now, MattLeam said:

Hey guys! Did anybody work out whether entries to the EE comp sent using yesterday's map are valid? I tweeted EE but no response

As long as they're in a reply to EE with the hashtag and in the form A1 with a space either side, and sent after 12pm, I'm sure they will be valid. I'm almost entirely certain that they collect results by creating a report based on the hashtag and the window of the competition, and then obviously a countif function on that report. T&Cs simply specify that it must be 'sent to EE', so as long as you've done that, it'll be fine. 

4 minutes ago, emilyboris said:

As long as they're in a reply to EE with the hashtag and in the form A1 with a space either side, and sent after 12pm, I'm sure they will be valid. I'm almost entirely certain that they collect results by creating a report based on the hashtag and the window of the competition, and then obviously a countif function on that report. T&Cs simply specify that it must be 'sent to EE', so as long as you've done that, it'll be fine. 

Cool, ta!

Western papers comp is run by Trinity Mirror Group.  That's who sent the post entry confirmation email so I'd only enter once to be on the safe side. Also, think I need to check my tweets for EE as I may not have the spacing right - bugger!

Just wanted to check in -  not deserted you guys! We are renovating an old cottage in rural Cornwall and have been without broadband all afternoon as fitting a new electric consumer unit.

Good luck to one and all! :) x

Edited by StoneCircle

41 minutes ago, AnniMB said:

Western papers comp is run by Trinity Mirror Group.  That's who sent the post entry confirmation email so I'd only enter once to be on the safe side. Also, think I need to check my tweets for EE as I may not have the spacing right - bugger!

As long as the coordinates are separated from any other text and have no space in between them it's fine! It's just so whatever program they use (wouldn't be surprised if it's just excel tbh) can identify the string. If you've done it wrong by accident, just resubmit them, they'll still count as long as they're in the correct format :)

2 minutes ago, emilyboris said:

As long as the coordinates are separated from any other text and have no space in between them it's fine! It's just so whatever program they use (wouldn't be surprised if it's just excel tbh) can identify the string. If you've done it wrong by accident, just resubmit them, they'll still count as long as they're in the correct format :)

Ok. Cheers.  Off to bed.  No emails from Wateraid - I was sure that was going to be a lucky one.  Hey ho, tomorrow is another day full of possibilities.  Good luck all.x

7 hours ago, StoneCircle said:

Just wanted to check in -  not deserted you guys! We are renovating an old cottage in rural Cornwall and have been without broadband all afternoon as fitting a new electric consumer unit.

Thank you lovely. That sounds fab! Hope it's all going well for you. My boyfriend and I have been renovating our house since we moved in in February. We've given up with the inside now the weathers nice and have moved onto transforming the garden! A cottage in Cornwall sounds so lovely though! Xx

7 hours ago, AnniMB said:

Ok. Cheers.  Off to bed.  No emails from Wateraid - I was sure that was going to be a lucky one.  Hey ho, tomorrow is another day full of possibilities.  Good luck all.x

I knew I had no chance with water aid because I'm silly and believed the first Google answer to be the right answer. Haha! Serves me right

10 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

What was the right answer? 

3 minutes ago, emilyboris said:

Sir John Harington-but a quick google might lead you to believe it was Crapper!

Exactly this!! I'm so stupid haha. 

Just now, cb4747 said:

Exactly this!! I'm so stupid haha. 

To be honest, it's really easy to rely on Google's first result by this point, because it's normally dead on.

I remember a while ago though, XFM were running a competition to win various tickets and festival prizes and things, and you basically joined a leaderboard on Facebook, and had to answer questions (and maybe complete tasks? I don't remember) to gain points to move up the board and be in with a better chance of winning a prize. AT LEAST 3 times I logged on, saw the question, checked wikipedia, put the answer in...and got it wrong, because some cheeky sod had already edited the wiki article! Not impressed.

6 minutes ago, emilyboris said:

I saw a few tweets yesterday when I was having a search that sounded like two or three people suddenly able to go to the festival-like, as though they'd maybe won tickets? So frustrating that they won't just bloody say they have, haha

I know! If I win tickets I swear every person in England would hear about it, I'd be screaming from my bloody rooftop! 

9 hours ago, StoneCircle said:

Ah thank you :) oh that sounds lovely! Is it your home or a holiday cottage? I hope you had some good celebrations as well! 

Just got back to work and can finally read the thread properly on my PC. Am I seeing correctly that nobody (on eFestivals) won tickets with Thatchers or Wateraid?! 

Edited by cb4747