Secret glasto

Muppetmark

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Bosslar said:

Sorry guys - I've been 'off grid' for a short while. I'll actually be on site from Monday 20th as I've bagged a job stewarding. If I can help in anyway I will do though 

No worries. Just keep your eyes and ears open, check social media and post anything  you find on here. Glad you got sorted in the end!

On 31/05/2016 at 4:53 PM, stuartbert two hats said:

@Bosslar Still up for this?  @august1 can you still help out evenings and weekends?

Have I missed any other volunteers?

It really doesn't look like I'm going this year either and will probably be available evenings and weekends. I say probably as the other half is going into hospital on the 21st and it's still not clear how long she'll be in there for, or how much recuperation time at home she's likely to need. So I'll most likely be taking some time off over at least the first few days of the festival.

All a bit vague at the moment I'm afraid, but the offer's there.

5 minutes ago, musky said:

It really doesn't look like I'm going this year either and will probably be available evenings and weekends. I say probably as the other half is going into hospital on the 21st and it's still not clear how long she'll be in there for, or how much recuperation time at home she's likely to need. So I'll most likely be taking some time off over at least the first few days of the festival.

All a bit vague at the moment I'm afraid, but the offer's there.

That's good to know. Best liaise with @august1 who has taken up the mantle this year.

Is this any good for an alternative (more technical) manner of getting tweets via SMS, for those who can't now use IFTTT?

https://www.twilio.com/blog/2015/03/send-tweets-via-sms-with-twilio-part-1.html

http://www.labnol.org/internet/twitter-as-gmail-notifier-sms/20990/

5 minutes ago, carlosj said:

Is this any good for an alternative (more technical) manner of getting tweets via SMS, for those who can't now use IFTTT?

https://www.twilio.com/blog/2015/03/send-tweets-via-sms-with-twilio-part-1.html

http://www.labnol.org/internet/twitter-as-gmail-notifier-sms/20990/

This forum has confused the hell out of me re IFTTT. I originally thought it was the answer to my prayers, but now I'm not too sure. My "recipe" is the following:

[If new tweet by specific user @secretglasto, then send me an SMS at 004479xxxxxxxx ]

In order for this to work, I don't need to leave my computer on, or any such nonsense right?? And my phone for the SMS alerts is a Nokia mobile (not a smartphone) on EE network.

1 minute ago, stixmcvix said:

This forum has confused the hell out of me re IFTTT. I originally thought it was the answer to my prayers, but now I'm not too sure. My "recipe" is the following:

[If new tweet by specific user @secretglasto, then send me an SMS at 004479xxxxxxxx ]

In order for this to work, I don't need to leave my computer on, or any such nonsense right?? And my phone for the SMS alerts is a Nokia mobile (not a smartphone) on EE network.

Sorry, I don't know.  I'd only added these links to see if they are suitable for those who can't now use IFTTT.