Radio 1's Big Weekend 2016

Stuart1000

15 hours ago, NickisGinger said:

That article is just predictions, unless it was different earlier?

6 hours ago, 5co77ie said:

I thought line up was 21 march

The first part under the pictures in bold says 'speculation is mounting that the next big act to perform at radio 1's big weekend will be announced Monday'. I can't find anything else to back it up with but you never know. 

image.png

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 27 February 2016 at 3:09 PM, deadash321 said:

The first part under the pictures in bold says 'speculation is mounting that the next big act to perform at radio 1's big weekend will be announced Monday'. I can't find anything else to back it up with but you never know. 

image.png

You never know, last year Florence was announced last year halfway between the location announcement and the ticket announcement.

Edit: I've just looked and Wolf Alice are on the breakfast show tomorrow, they could reveal they're playing 

Edited by NickisGinger

• 3 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

FAQ says  'You will also need to ensure that the credit or debit card you want to use is registered at this address/postcode' - I live in Exeter during term time but my card is registered back home, am I fucked?

I can change my address on online banking, hopefully that will work

Won't be Adele headlining. She's playing Italy both nights of the festival. Only option would be that she flies over and opens one of the days.

Both Bieber and Rihanna's tour dates fit this pretty well. Wouldn't surprised to see both take up the other big slots.

On 25 March 2016 at 10:01 PM, Stuart1000 said:

Won't be Adele headlining. She's playing Italy both nights of the festival. Only option would be that she flies over and opens one of the days.

Both Bieber and Rihanna's tour dates fit this pretty well. Wouldn't surprised to see both take up the other big slots.

Aren't Coldplay headlining one day?

13 hours ago, NickisGinger said:

Aren't Coldplay headlining one day?

Apparently so. Doesn't stop Bieber and Rihanna both playing though. They've had Taylor Swift, Kings of Leon, One Direction and Calvin Harris play in non-headline slots over the last two years.

How do you possibly get 4 tickets for both days? I was on it instantly and was 5 mins in the queue, it then goes none available bare in mind this was for the Exeter ballot and 5 mins into it, then whenever I would try I would just be 40/30 mins in the queue and it wouldnt ever decrease! How do you bloody do it

3 hours ago, supreme said:

How do you possibly get 4 tickets for both days? I was on it instantly and was 5 mins in the queue, it then goes none available bare in mind this was for the Exeter ballot and 5 mins into it, then whenever I would try I would just be 40/30 mins in the queue and it wouldnt ever decrease! How do you bloody do it

It wasn't me personally i 'was rest of UK' but I didn't a get a sniff. My mate and her bf were in the Plymouth local one and managed to secure 2 each for both days. 

It's definitely down to luck!

Found the ticket pretty straight forward really. Got through twice, so got 4 tix for the Saturday. Yes I was sat 'queuing' for 20 minutes and the countdown was a bit up and down, but certainly a less stressful process than the frantic F5 finger needed for Glastonbury. I was in the 'rest of South West' category. Taking the kids for a first taste of a festival. Anyone been to an R1 Big Weekend before got any tips? At least getting the family tix for this, means I won't get as much grief as I usually get when I head off to Glastonbury without them!

1 hour ago, Skier68 said:

Found the ticket pretty straight forward really. Got through twice, so got 4 tix for the Saturday. Yes I was sat 'queuing' for 20 minutes and the countdown was a bit up and down, but certainly a less stressful process than the frantic F5 finger needed for Glastonbury. I was in the 'rest of South West' category. Taking the kids for a first taste of a festival. Anyone been to an R1 Big Weekend before got any tips? At least getting the family tix for this, means I won't get as much grief as I usually get when I head off to Glastonbury without them!

I went last year, I don't know about tips because it'll have a different feel to the environment. It's just a great day out :-)