T Minus and Counting 2016

whisty

16 hours ago, oneeye said:

York-Street-F-Train-No-Smoking-No-Spitti

Hello oneeye,

I was a little incapacitated when I first saw the above , and am again now. Help me out - where's the 216? If it's really huge and everybody can see it then maybe I ought to take up Boots free offer to inspect my eyes.

I would appear to be losing my eyesight, memory, and ability to retain urine. Is this a record Roy?

Oh Roy

You gave me joy

Especially with your trumpet.

It was music to my ears

Never mind the sneers

I guess it's that way or lump it.

Roy, Roy, Roy - why did you treat me like you did?

Were you basking in the limelight of your cousin, Roy?

Stay happy Roy.

I remember being in the Boots Opticians and a bloke in front of me got asked a load of questions. At the end the Stasi said to him 'you aren't clinically qualified to get a free pair of glasses with your eye sight as it stands' (or something very similar to that). I then was to take up the seat that he vacated and talk to the uncaring bastard that came out with the afore mantioned staetement . Luckily I was now in the know. When she asked the same questions as before I gave entirely different options as answers. Some were specifically designed to out-manouvre so that my application was successful, and some were just to have a 'pop'.

Regards

Yoghurt.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello oneeye,

I was a little incapacitated when I first saw the above , and am again now. Help me out - where's the 216? If it's really huge and everybody can see it then maybe I ought to take up Boots free offer to inspect my eyes.

Ha its bit small, but its just under the "No Smoking, Spitting" text says "Sect. 216"

Morning Yogs, it bought a smile to my face thinking of the image of you playing where's wally with my 216 posting; glad you finally found it, with a little help from LT :)

Anyway, keep taking the pills.........

gabapentin.jpg

Edited by oneeye

3 minutes ago, grumpyhack said:

219.jpg

The slogan for one of my favourite festivals is the opposite.

For those who've not encountered it, a great little fest.  I'm even planning to fly back from a holiday in Portugal to make it next year.

It really must be a belter that Farmer Phil's. I have heard very positive things about it before. The person who relayed these nuggets of information to me about the place is finely tuned on matters abnormal - or what should be normal for greater periods of time in my opinion.

It's a lovely little festival Yog.  Only a couple of thousand people but you can stay on site for up to a week either side of the fest at no additional charge to use it as a base for hill walking and exploring the local area.

It's also the most non-rip-off fest I've encountered.  All beers and ciders (mainly from the barrel) pegged at £3 a pint max.  Also Farmer Phil doesn't rip off the stallholders.  He takes a percentage of their profits, so if they do well he does well.  If they have a bad fest, for example because of weather, and their take is down, he shares the hit.

He's built up a lot of goodwill from his approach and it gets repaid in terms of commitment for volunteers, stallholders and punters.

19 minutes ago, whisty said:

Hmmm, Steam is the word. But I did widen it, obvious novice here :)

Nah, you're not, it's just that I've got too much time (and red wine) on my hands :)

Not sure if this one is a toy or real.....399198514_o.jpg