The elusive flushing toilets

Koroviev

1 hour ago, HerrJAH said:

I have it confirmed from a chap who helps run the church tent that in his last meeting the festival staff said the flushing loos will no longer be there! Shitter!

NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

I'm keeping everything crossed they relocate them rather than get rid, or else I'll just have to get used to keeping everything crossed.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Scruffylovemonster said:

Or just shit in a longdrop or compost loo which are mostly absolutely fine. Especially post-cleaning.

Sir, I'm afraid they just don't compare to the porcelain beauties.

3 hours ago, p.pete said:

Does seem the 'T' on the latest map is missing - I wonder whether the slamming doors were disrupting anyone in that area or whether the space has been repurposed...

Weren't the flushing toilets just down from the farm house? There's still a 'T' there on the V.2 version of the map. :unsure:

13 hours ago, musky said:

Weren't the flushing toilets just down from the farm house? There's still a 'T' there on the V.2 version of the map. :unsure:

They were up the middle (pink line on the map) of Big Ground at the back of the field and to the right of the ATM (and faith centre?).  There was a 'T' in v1 there which is missing now, and the 'T' down from the farmhouse at corner of row mead & big ground has been there as a separate toilet the last few years.

They've added a 'T' at the top of kidney mead heading into cockmill meadow - I vaguely remember there being some toilet stall / urinals there before - any chance the addition of map signage might mean that's where they've been moved to?  Great place to put them in terms of family usage, but half the pyramid'd be popping up there if they were in plain sight!

6 hours ago, p.pete said:

They were up the middle (pink line on the map) of Big Ground at the back of the field and to the right of the ATM (and faith centre?).  There was a 'T' in v1 there which is missing now, and the 'T' down from the farmhouse at corner of row mead & big ground has been there as a separate toilet the last few years.

Ah, right you are. I've only been up that way once since the eighties and thought they were closer to the farmhouse. 

I didn't get any more information than that unfortunately - but it sounded pretty final! I guess they probably weren't the greenest of things given the amount of water that was probably used.

I think we'll still head there anyway, it's basically tradition now! As has already been said, whatever does end up there isn't in a massively high footfall area, so hopefully they'll remain in a decent state.

On 6/18/2016 at 0:16 PM, verrymerry said:

I suspect I'll be in the minority here, but when we (finally) decided to visit them last year I was really disappointed, they were pretty grim! My faves are the composting loos :)

Same. I camped on Big Ground for 9 years and only used the flushers once. They weren't all that. Much prefer a composter or the long drops at [place redacted 'cos they're relatively quiet and always clean].

Edited by pie_and_a_pint

all the loos are ok nowadays ...just watch and see when they get cleaned and use them afterwards.....years back they were BADBADBAD but hey things change its the same as us blokes we use to pee anywhere but there is NO need for that as there are loos EVERYWHERE now.....except in SE corner imo

The ones at the back of Kidney Mead were great...until Friday

half didn't have seats and some didn't even have doors left by the middle of the weekend!

oh and don't forget toilet roll. The lock ups tend to only offer you two squares towards the end of the weekend ...