Wellies or no wellies?

mike99

Iv'e only ever taken wellies, but after last year my feet were fucked more from the pain of no support. 

If the weather was like last year (NFR NFC), would I be ok walking around in an old pair of Timberlands? I've never worn them in much worse then wet grass so not sure on their waterproof level.

Any experience?  

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I normally wear DM leather dealer boots, they are pretty much waterproof and much easier to walk in than wellies. No laces or tongue for water to get in but if it's really muddy, i.e. ankle deep I'll resort to wellies.

I wore wellies which were a size too small in 2013 and my big toe nail fell off and didn't grow back again for about 9 months!

What are peoples verdicts on these? My normal DMs are super comfy but these are totally waterproof:

http://www.drmartens.com/uk/Men%252527s-Boots/Dr-Martens-Drench-Boot/p/14822001

They look good actually, and some of the colours are much cheaper.

Other than the slight increase in weight, is there any reason not to have steel toe capped wellies?

I want to upgrade my colour from generic fisherman green and that's the cheapest.

you could just buy a can of spray paint

at Leeds 07 people camped next to us had gold spray paint, I got myself a nice pair of gold wellies

then because it's Leeds some scrote stole them from outside me tent :(

you could just buy a can of spray paint

at Leeds 07 people camped next to us had gold spray paint, I got myself a nice pair of gold wellies

then because it's Leeds some scrote stole them from outside me tent :(

I hadn't considered this. I wonder how much it would stand up to the Worthy Farm glue like mud. More research required I think.