Lost Horizon Sauna and Solar stage

Valka

I thought i would do a thread on this place, it occasionally pops up in forums but give it a proper space.

It took me until my 4th Glasto to get the courage to go and I needn't have worried, so hoping to use this to put other efesters mind at ease and encourage you to give it a go. So...

Based on last year:

Day cost £10, Festival Pass £25

Opens at 8 am until late (not sure of closing time)

Sauna is a wood burning yurt, sits 20ish people, has drinking water inside.

Stage area, Music starts late morning into the afternoon, acts tend to be acts that play on some of the other smaller stages on site.

Changing room Yurt.

Showers (cold water - but actually just what you want after the sauna)

Campfire in middle of sunbathing ground.

They sell tea and you can leave your phone to charge by solar for a fiver.

Missed anything?

This is one of my favourite areas. I spend all of Thursday up there. It's an important part of the festival for me. Spending all day in the nude in such lovely surroundings is a perfect way to spend a day. Really looking forward to doing it again this year :)

Shhhh don't tell everyone!!! ;-)

Haha, I don't see it as a huge risk. Anyone who reads this is already intrigued by the place, am just making sure they don't waste too many years putting it off.

This is one of my favourite areas. I spend all of Thursday up there. It's an important part of the festival for me. Spending all day in the nude in such lovely surroundings is a perfect way to spend a day. Really looking forward to doing it again this year :)

It became one of mine last year, start my day with a couple of hours, perfect if you tend to wake early and the rest of the festival sleeps. Also sat out the storm in there

Wish I'd sat out the storm there too

what's the lockup/storage for clothes and bags during the sauna? Cheers.

Clothes and bags are left in the changing room yurt, you can hang some of it up but mostly you just have your small pile of stuff on the floor in the corner. Because it is inside they are kept dry.

You can also hand any valuables over to the people running it and they will look after them for you if you would like. Guess I'll be seeing you there then Valka!

You can also hand any valuables over to the people running it and they will look after them for you if you would like. Guess I'll be seeing you there then Valka!

cheers valka, but this was my worry for my ticket, phone and cash. Cool.

thanks sime

Hi Guys

Coincidently I was thinking about starting a topic on this place myself soon, you beat me to it Valka!

I only visited this place last year for the first time (6th Glasto, can't believe I didn't go before). Not as much about plucking up the courage for me (I'm a fully paid up member of a naturist club), but a mix of always being around friends who weren't interested and being more into the music.

I finally found myself alone and with some free time after the War on Drugs las year and decided to give it a go. The heady combination of nudity, live music, fresh watermelon, being clean for the first time at Glasto and a relaxed smoking policy made me wonder how the hell I had never considered going there before.

Anyway, I was back every morning and I'll be there as soon as possible Wednesday this year!

As Valka said, if you're at all intrigued by the place, give it a try :)

It really does, the only awkward moment to the new to naturism is the few feet the first time you go from the changing tent to the sauna door, then the heat wraps you up and everything feels normal and as it should, Naturism then feels like a normal thing to do from then on.

If you have read this far then you are ready you just need to take the step.

It is hard to get a more Glastonbury experience then being naked with happy, friendly folk in a sauna with a didgereedo player or some spontaneous singers.

It is hard to get a more Glastonbury experience then being naked with happy, friendly folk in a sauna with a didgereedo player or some spontaneous singers.

Completely agree, I remember being there during the Saturday headliner and a didgereedo player and his partner came into the sauna and started playing for the few of us in there. I don't often use the word 'transcendent', but well.....

Really tempted by this. How busy does it get? Do they limit the numbers at busier times?

Also is it compulsory nude? I don't mind but not sure about the people I'm going with....

Nothing's compulsory at glastonbury, just go with what you're comfortable with and enjoy xx