Worthy View - pictures?

majormajormajor

Why would a farming event need the stage up? Are they using it for that event? Seems odd.

Great photos by the way. In the absence of the official webcam, these are particularly fantastic. Thanks!

Yes they are using it at the event - seemed like a better idea than putting up a marque - well why not, if you have one hanging around your back garden!

Many thanks for the pics Futurism (and the accidental spill deebeedoobee :))

Fascinating to see what it's like, from the aerial shots I'd always imagined it being like some sort of middle class concentration camp with colours by Zippy and Bungle. Were those pics taken really early in the festival? That ground doesn't look well walked.

Many thanks for the pics Futurism (and the accidental spill deebeedoobee :))

Fascinating to see what it's like, from the aerial shots I'd always imagined it being like some sort of middle class concentration camp with colours by Zippy and Bungle. Were those pics taken really early in the festival? That ground doesn't look well walked.

The first picture was taken in 2013

The other 2 I took last year, the ground didn't get that muddy, the only area where there was a bit of mud was by the scout tents as you're leaving Worthy View to go into the festival, but even there it wasn't much.

Some photos from 2013 I put together at some point here.

The one from inside the tent is what they were calling a 3 person scout tent. Not sure if these even were an option the last couple of years.. they may have renamed the 3 person to a 2 person or it could be a different model. I tried to capture the steepness of the hill both going up and down but it was just not possible. It looks like a leisurely stroll here but it is much steeper than it seems.