Secret resales 2015

Terence99

Just now, funkyuk said:

I'm hoping clutching at straws that they were testing yesterday, and someone hit the big red button by mistake, then they turned it off quickly, but some people got tix.  I reckon there's thousands left.  15 minutes, it'll be up again

That is extremely optimistic I like it

Edited by cb4747

I think the best way to make the tickets fear it would be for it as the punters to work better together so everyone is successful  I suspect there are many people who get through to you on the purchase two or four tickets. I also think there are many people who may purchase six tickets and then as has been described get throughagain but have no one to buy tickets for

Just now, Gnomicide said:

There's a theory I've seen knocking about that the reason there are so many scousers at Glastonbury is because the broadband connection in Liverpool is so good :D

Being based in Liverpool and having never ever got through on with main or resale... I can categorically say that that is fucking bollocks

2 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

There's a theory I've seen knocking about that the reason there are so many scousers at Glastonbury is because the broadband connection in Liverpool is so good :D

We just fucking love glasto tbh! We work in massive groups to get each other tickets.. If theres 5 people without tickets in the resale they'll have like 50 people trying to sort them out haha

Just now, chronicideas said:

It was no accident as it said on the main glasto seetickets page "we have a very limited number of festival tickets left". I unfortunately do not think it was by mistake

Yeah I don't think it was a mistake and I truly believe they've all sold but being positive never did no harm right :rofl:

Just now, MagicalGlitterBunny said:

I think the best way to make the tickets fear it would be for it as the punters to work better together so everyone is successful  I suspect there are many people who get through to you on the purchase two or four tickets. I also think there are many people who may purchase six tickets and then as has been described get throughagain but have no one to buy tickets for

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, chronicideas said:

It was no accident as it said on the main glasto seetickets page "we have a very limited number of festival tickets left". I unfortunately do not think it was by mistake

it was the "we have a very limited number of festival tickets left" button they were testing.

The best way to make it fair, since tickets are oversubscribed by about 100%, is to DOUBLE THE SIZE of the festival! It'd only have to be about 20% bigger across the width of the site to double the area. Why didn't anyone think of this before?

Many people get through on 3G on their phones.

There is NO conspiracy or preference on connection speed. It literally comes down to total luck on the exact millisecond your request (F5) hits the SEE server and whether the packet gets through among the millions of hits they are getting at that same exact moment.

Servers can only handle so much data. Some has to be bounced back. This is why people spam F5 as much as they can, to increase their chances. 

Edited by mocoworm

Just now, billum said:

The best way to make it fair, since tickets are oversubscribed by about 100%, is to DOUBLE THE SIZE of the festival! It'd only have to be about 20% bigger across the width of the site to double the area. Why didn't anyone think of this before?

If you think the crowds are bad now......

1 minute ago, uscore said:

I think 2004 was the longest I've been awake outside of an actual festival.  30 odd hours of pressing f5 and I still didn't get tickets until a resale a few days later.

I was up all night trying .... Even at work I had my mobile on auto re-dial. 

But 2005 was a huge disappointment, after gearing up for another marathon session I had my tickets almost as soon as the website opened. 

I'm on BT fiber now and I've failed in the last two sales. I'm just lucky I've got friends to assist but they have been in the dying moments of T day

Just now, mocoworm said:

Many people get through on 3G on their phones.

There is NO conspiracy or preference on connection speed. It literally comes down to total luck on the exact millisecond your request (F5) hits the SEE server and the packet gets through amongst the millions of hits they are getting.

Servers can only handle so much data. Some has to be bounced back. This is why people spam F5 as much as they can, to increase their chances. 

Last year I was using my PC on Wifi and my phone on 3G (alone and unassisted) and it was my iPhone that made it through on 3G.