Which Glasto 2015 bands should I listen to before June?

Little Andy

This will be my 2nd Glastonbury, but clearly I'm rather out of touch with music! The only artists I am into on the initial lineup are Jamie T and Ben Howard. So, I wonder if anyone on here would like to advise me on some Glastonbury 2015 artists I should discover based on my taste and list of favourite albums below. Thanks!

p.s I'm aware my list includes some artists often disliked on here! Each to their own! ;)

p.p.s Maybe others wanna use this thread to provide their own lists for people to suggest recommendations to?

My favourite albums

Damien Rice - O, My Favourite Faded Fantasy

Jamie T - Panic Prevention, Kings & Queens

Arctic Monkeys - Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not

Frightened Rabbit - The Midnight Organ Fight, The Winter Of Mixed Drinks

The Smiths - The Queen Is Dead

Passenger - All The Little Lights

Kings Of Leon - Youth And Young Manhood, Aha Shake Heartbreak

Mumford & Sons - Sigh No More

Coldplay - Parachutes

Ed Sheeran - +

Radiohead - OK Computer

Admiral Fallow - Boots Met My Face

Try Sharon Van Etten - Are We There, Spiritualized - Ladies and Gentlemen We're Floating in Space and anything by Super Furry Animals

Spiritualized - Ladies and Gentlemen... If you like that then check out the rest of their stuff too.

Superb advice all round.

Also check out SVE's 'Tramp'

Above all check out that Spiritualized album

Also if you have Spotify, follow the Glastonbury 2015 playlist and play it on shuffle :)

Cannot agree more with this! Around half of the acts I saw last year I had not heard of before listening to that playlist. Sure there will be lots of stuff not initially to your taste, but the gems you will find make up for that!

Cannot agree more with this! Around half of the acts I saw last year I had not heard of before listening to that playlist. Sure there will be lots of stuff not initially to your taste, but the gems you will find make up for that!

That Spotify playlist tip is awesome, thanks very much.

:) I've been doing that all day and now have a verrrrrrrry long list of bands to have a 'better' listen to!

• 1 month later...

Just wanna say thanks to everyone who recommended me Glastonbury 2015 music on this thread. I think my favourite band I have now discovered is Belle and Sebastian. I'm particularly loving If You're Feeling Sinister.

I recommend others use this thread in the way I have to discover new stuff to your taste.