2015 - any help or advice needed ?

ramragon

Evening guys. I have another quick/ stupid question... We're debating whether or not no pass out means you can't get back out of the campsite to your car once you're in?! Apparently at TITP you can't go back to do a second run and just have to lug everything in one go!

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you. Does it take long to get through security, or does it depend what time you're heading in?

Coming in from the main camping area is worst just after the arena opens...security will do thorough searches to ensure no one is bringing alcohol in so it can take 10 mins or so to get through.

As the day progresses the wait all but disappears.

I dont think its even taken me more than a few minutes to get in.  Apart from the one time they tried to confiscate my busted smuggly booze. 

Thanks both. What's the deal with booze? Do they properly check or is it a cursory glance?

Thanks both. What's the deal with booze? Do they properly check or is it a cursory glance?

It varies...blokes get patted down, women tend to have bags searched (if there are female security you may get patted down).

It's all about secreting stuff about your body where they won't search (wine bags from inside wine boxes are easy lol).

If yo have youngish kids, get them to carry but not in a bag.

Sounds like EP. I've never been patted down - had my bag checked alright but I find a class way to get stuff in is in the pockets of a raincoat tied round your waist! Fruit shoot bottles (or similar) are great for spirits or those penneys/primark(in uk) bags which you can fill with vino secreted anywhere you like (lol) are good too...or the classic if you are a lady...put lots of 'sanitary products' at top of bag..select Q with a bloke at head of it...he won't be rummaging to deeply! ;)

was it last year or the year before,

several "yoofs" in the queue, stashing booze in the hoods of their hoodies...

because "security never check in there"

it was worth going to the back of the queue to watch them all get nicked...

just use a bit more imagination chaps, and remember all the "guests" who view these boards...

mind you, it was good a few years back when they had the tie in with Lucozade, and they handed out gallons of the stuff in handy 500mil bottles...

sorry if this has been covered, but did i hear right that you can 'upgrade' to emperors tickets from normal tickets??

been the last 4 years, and fancied the emperors field as a treat, but when my lass bought the tickets she forgot about it and just got scabby normal ones. anyone know??

You won't be able to upgrade to emperors as the tickets are limited, you've normally got to buy them early on if you wanna go in emperors. Sorry !

If you look on fb or the ticket sale sites you might be able to pick some up a little cheaper now as people will be getting desperate to get rid of em

Ive a question! Whats the terrain like? I broke my ankle at V about 10 years ago and never been the same since so need to bring the right footwear, at Glastonbury its usually been muddy so I've worn my walking boots but decent trainers when it was dry, whats everybody wear at KC? Is the ground uneven? Did it get muddy last year?

Edited by IbizaPrincess

If she's travelling up on the train they did a shuttle run from the bottom of the hill last year in golf cart thingys with folks and their bags free for train users

They'll probably do that again so you might only need to meet her at the enterance gate

OOOOH this i like, me and my friends are on the Kendalino train, what a treat! Im used to an hours grumpy trek at Glastonbury! Our mate is driving so by the sounds of things, we won't have a far walk to meet him when he gets there.

You won't be able to upgrade to emperors as the tickets are limited, you've normally got to buy them early on if you wanna go in emperors. Sorry !

If you look on fb or the ticket sale sites you might be able to pick some up a little cheaper now as people will be getting desperate to get rid of em

but i'd actually have to buy a new ticket? or is the emperors ticket an add-on to a normal ticket?? do you know what i mean? or would i have to buy emperors tickets and then try and sell my normal ones??

but i'd actually have to buy a new ticket? or is the emperors ticket an add-on to a normal ticket?? do you know what i mean? or would i have to buy emperors tickets and then try and sell my normal ones??

Emperors field is an add on.  So you need your normal festival weekend ticket, and then an emperors field ticket on top of that.

Edited by stuwilky

ah sweet i will try and get sole. i had no idea. if anyone knows of any spare let me know!

Keep your eye on facebook, seen a few being advertised but they seem to get snapped up sharpish. Stupid q, but are you from Tunstall? If so we're not far away near Wray

Me & the hubby are 57yr old festival virgins ticking off my bucket list and I'm wondering what I've done! I've booked a podpad and got a club class ticket, have I covered all options, it's the toilet thing that's worrying me!!!

We went to see Basement Jaxx at Sheffield tramlines last night so I've a much better idea of what I'm going to need but the queue for the toilets was 45mins! OMG