2015 - any help or advice needed ?

ramragon

They limited the thursday tickets so it pretty much splits the crowd in half for when they arrive. I would imagine it'll be fairly busy at that time as people will try and get in and set up before the music starts at around noon.

It shouldn't be too bad finding a camping spot if you look around, plus you won't be lugging your stuff for 45 minutes to get in so you'll probably be happier to look for somewhere rather than the 'it's boiling, i'm knackered and the cars miles back for the 2nd trip, sod that I'm camping here approach' that I always seemed to have at glastonbury !

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

First time at Kendal Calling but been to Glasto, Big Chill, V etc in the past.

And apologies if this has already been covered but found conflicting info about gazebos. V always said they were banned but we always used them so just wondered what people's experience was at KC?

Makes a huge difference if it's raining and you want to chill out at your tent in a group rather than sitting in separate tents.

Any advice greatly appreciated

Our tent for this year basically has a canopy built in. 

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/vango-eos-550-sc-tent-p321269?gclid=COul78mM3cYCFTQatAodbKgKSg&gclsrc=aw.ds

I've got no idea what we'll say if they ask us to take it down as it's very much attached to the ten with no option to not put it up...

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/vango-eos-550-sc-tent-p321269?gclid=COul78mM3cYCFTQatAodbKgKSg&gclsrc=aw.ds

I've got no idea what we'll say if they ask us to take it down as it's very much attached to the ten with no option to not put it up...

Hope your going to in a group with other people otherwise you'll wake up Friday morning to find that some buggers pitched a small tent under the canopy as it'll stop the rain falling on them !

Ok it`s pics of tents time :)

We got this one from Go Outdoors but paid £180 for it as it was avaliable for £200 elsewhere on line and Go Outdoors price-matched it plus then took 10% off.

So far it`s done BT, Glastonbury and a friends hand fasting wedding weekend.

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/coleman-cortes-octagon-8-p321661

Hope your going to in a group with other people otherwise you'll wake up Friday morning to find that some buggers pitched a small tent under the canopy as it'll stop the rain falling on them !

Haha, yes a small group. We're going to aim to pitch it with the canopy in the middle and let the others go rounds the edges. We've no idea if it will work, when we bought the tent we didn't think about festivals...and our old tent is knackered :(

Having said that, wouldn't mind some neighbours :)

Ok it`s pics of tents time :)

We got this one from Go Outdoors but paid £180 for it as it was avaliable for £200 elsewhere on line and Go Outdoors price-matched it plus then took 10% off.

So far it`s done BT, Glastonbury and a friends hand fasting wedding weekend.

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/coleman-cortes-octagon-8-p321661

That looks cool. I like that it's clearly supposed to be an 8 man tent but the photos just show one massive double bed in it.

We've always taken a gazebo - we arent pillocks with it though - it has basically gone right in the middle of the tents (sounds obvious), but I mean it hasnt been in the middle with the tents then spread out around it like you sometimes see.  It actually goes over the front of two larger tents with 4 smaller ones at the sides.  Just enough room for us all to sit!

It died last year though, fortunately on the sunday afternoon though!!

Boilerman - I love that tent, massively multipurpose.  It has a dividing wall inside as well doesnt it?!

Our lovely tent will be used by some friends not us - but its this.  

quechua-tent-base-seconds-4.2.jpg

Edited by stuwilky

The tickets I bought from Twickets for Emperor's Field have arrived but it says they're 11-15yrs. Is this a ticket type for here? Have I been screwed over or will I still get in with this ticket? 

Anyone know? I'm panicking now.

Boilerman - I love that tent, massively multipurpose.  It has a dividing wall inside as well doesnt it?!

Our lovely tent will be used by some friends not us - but its this.  

quechua-tent-base-seconds-4.2.jpg

i`ve used it 3 times, Download with a group of 5 blokes (i go to that with a bunch of old mates, not the normal festi crowd :) )

Glastonbury with my OH, 2 double airbeds (one on top of the other) duvets pillows etc. ( I need to be comfortable as its 5 nights and i`m 56 LOL)

and uswed it at a friends hand Fasting wedding in a field, used the internal divider and daughter slept in one side. it has 2 doors one each side so we didn`t disturb each other.

so far well pleased with it.  :)

Not really sure on that but I'd recommend shelling out on something like this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00F5Q4F0U/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1437080729&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SY200_QL40&keywords=usb+battery+pack&dpPl=1&dpID=41PAnPcla0L&ref=plSrch

With that much power you could charge an iPhone around 10 times and probably still have a bit left over ! I've got one thats a bit smaller in capacity and I swear by it. Just fully charge it before you go and take whatever usb leads you need. That one's can charge plenty of times as well so it'll be great for years to come.

I find them by far the most efficient way to charge, just plug it in when I'm sitting round the tent

First time at Kc, going with 4 other mates and really looking forward to it now, just hope the weather holds.

What's the view on windbreaks? I know gazebos are discouraged but it would be nice to try and create a little bit of space for a few chairs. Don't want to pi$$ everyone else off though if we can help it.

Also, are there lockers available on site and, if so, do they have a charging point?

Cheers

You'll be fine with a windbreak, you'll find a lot o people will have them up around their seats.

There are security lockers in the village green not sure how much they are though, sure someone might have an idea from last year. As for charging points, there will be a charge tent where you can top your phone's up

Hi

What sort of distances are family camping and quiet camping from the main arena/car parks?

I'm a seasoned Glasto goer so well used to lugging gear for miles but would be great to avoid as much lugging as poss but not be miles from arena for weekend.

Any handy hints from peeps who know their way around (that would be you Ramragon lol) would be great.

Anyone know what the set-up is with the phone charging bit? Specifically, how much do they charge (no pun intended...) and is it just phones or would they take speakers etc.?

Ta :)

If you're an EE customer, you can get a free emergency power pack from them...simply text Power to 365, you'll get a validation code then just pop into any EE shop and collect

Hi

What sort of distances are family camping and quiet camping from the main arena/car parks?

I'm a seasoned Glasto goer so well used to lugging gear for miles but would be great to avoid as much lugging as poss but not be miles from arena for weekend.

Any handy hints from peeps who know their way around (that would be you Ramragon lol) would be great.

If the layout hasnt changed - that is from this in 2014 ---- http://www.kendalcalling.co.uk/Map.jpg(im not embedding it just in case people think its this years)

Youd basically be going from the entrance - through the red campsite bearing LEFT (Great Holmes)

around the trees and then along a path to Family Camping.

From the main entrance to the exit of Great Holmes to the track is maybe a 5-10 minute gentle stroll without any kit (and Im REALLY lazy!)  We usually camp around where the Great Holmes sign is in the middle of the three in that map and it takes maybe 20 mins from car to tent with our trolley - we do get there early though - so parking is closer - if you get there warlier you'll be able to walk direct and not through the fire lanes though!

Compared to anything at Glastonbury its a walk in the park (no pun intended!) 

Edited by stuwilky