Godiva 2015

Perks

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently it is Embrace headlining

Really?,Pretty meh for me them, loved them way back....the good will out was ace, but not really into much after that. I'll still be there though, reliving my past belting the tunes out. I take it thats the Saturday? Any idea on the Friday?

No idea, im not certain on Embrace, its just a strong rumour doing the rounds, but it seems it is them.

Interestingly Starsailor are supporting them on an American/Canadian tour which finishes 2 weeks prior to Godiva, so id love Starsailor to be on the bill also, they have no conflicting dates so I see no reason why they couldn't happen.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wombats, Fun Loving Criminals and Embrace! Not bad at all! Also The Beat, JME & Slaves.

Friday night - FLC

Sat night - Wombats

Sun night - Embrace

Clearly making an effort to split the crowd over the 3 days rather than having 95% turn up on the Saturday!

Edited by Flaminglippy

That is a great line up again. I called FLC - just saying :-) I'm gonna have to head on the Friday night now..FLC will be class.

Wombats are good fun live too, be a laugh on the Sat.

Nice one Godiva

Wouldn't mind seeing The Wombats again and this is only an hour train journey away from me...

Out of interest, do stage headliners clash?

One of the lads I'll go with will be going just for JME, wondering if we'll be able to see both him and The Wombats...

Ah goddamn, they've split the bill across the three days!

Seems I heard right with Embrace, no wonder I couldn't nail it down as they aren't playing Saturday!

Think I'll be leaving Friday although i'd love to see FLC it would mean taking time off work, Im not massively excited by Wombats as headliner. Id rather have Embrace, I hope we get a good undercard for Embrace and I'll do Sat and Sun

• 1 month later...

Not too impressive this year I must say.

Still gunna go but whacking Embrace on Sunday must have took a big whack of the budget, no Pigeon Detectives either?

Plus they've said Sunday will finish at 7pm so still gunna be a small day. Hope Embrace still get a couple of acts below them.

Looks like Friday & Sunday for me then. Saturday is still OK for free (but nowhere near as good as previous year's Saturday line-ups). I'd essentially be traipsing over from Brum purely to hear 'Lets Dance To Joy Division'.

Im going for the day out with my mates, have a fair few beers, hopefully a sunny day, the booking this year, they're obviously trying something different to get money in everyday rather than just Saturday, it might backfire as can see a lot of people looking at that Saturday and think no thanks, it looks very much targeting at under 18's.

Under 18s won't spend money at the bar.

I can imagine they won't too much on food either.