Boomtown Festival 2015

Paul ™

I wish the police could see that sending a message like this actually does more harm than good. Rather than taking pills they have tested at home beforehand and know to be clean, people may now be tempted to buy unknown drugs from a stranger onsite instead, not having a clue what they are getting.

Of course, the message from the police would be "don't do anything at all" but since everyone knows that isn't going to happen, the least they could do is try to make what does go on as safe as possible, to minimise the chances of further deaths.

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dubdub> yes I think so. And from memory the slope on that side is quite sharp - I remember looking at late arrivals pitching up there last year and thinking rather them than me. The other side would be better - less hill walking and closer to the fun bits, but will fill quicker.

Edited by kerplunk

So Netweather now has over 100mm of rain predicted on Friday morning, that sounds horrific, can anyone put that in any kind of context? Was planning on camping in Chinatown, do you guys think it's best not to camp in the bowl at all now?

I saw an article somewhere on Boomtowns website which said that last year on the Friday they had a months worth of rain in a few hours as it caught the end of Hurricane Bertha. (don't know how much that was in mm) It was pretty muddy everywhere, but the campsite I was in, close to where Reserved is this year held up pretty well.

100mm sounds biblical though - that's 4 inches!

Dubdub> yes I think so. And from memory the slope on that side is quite sharp - I remember looking at late arrivals pitching up there last year and thinking rather them than me. The other side would be better - less hill walking and closer to the fun bits, but will fill quicker.

Yea, I think I remember it too from last year although it is all a little blurry.

Yea, steep hills will be no fun with the mud, I'd say you're right.

I think its safe to say the bowl will not be for the faint of heart unless the forecast changes.

I saw an article somewhere on Boomtowns website which said that last year on the Friday they had a months worth of rain in a few hours as it caught the end of Hurricane Bertha. (don't know how much that was in mm) It was pretty muddy everywhere, but the campsite I was in, close to where Reserved is this year held up pretty well.

100mm sounds biblical though - that's 4 inches!

Yea my ipod died in last years rain :(, it got pretty crazy, people sliding everywhere.

So Netweather now has over 100mm of rain predicted on Friday morning, that sounds horrific, can anyone put that in any kind of context? Was planning on camping in Chinatown, do you guys think it's best not to camp in the bowl at all now?

just looked at metcheck, and they 'only' have 22mm for all day Friday - with the majority between midnight and 6am.

Fingers crossed it's nighttime rain.

just looked at metcheck, and they 'only' have 22mm for all day Friday - with the majority between midnight and 6am.

Fingers crossed it's nighttime rain.

TBH That's worst scenrio possible for me! 12-6am are the prime festival hours. I'd much rather rain between 6am-12pm!  Fingers crossed though....

TBH That's worst scenrio possible for me! 12-6am are the prime festival hours. I'd much rather rain between 6am-12pm!  Fingers crossed though....

There isn't that much goin on Thursday night, found it better to get some sleep for a full friday rather than go all in on Thursday last year.

There isn't that much goin on Thursday night, found it better to get some sleep for a full friday rather than go all in on Thursday last year.

Thought this might be the case! Does the music completely stop at midnight on Thursday? Or are there any little things going on?

By the way, I saw the official Boomtown Twitter account Tweet Alborosie, Stephen Marley,Matisyahu and some others asking them to remove Tweets with the Lion's Den set times on as they are no longer accurate. They've since removed the set times from the website. 

that's over Thursday night/friday morning tho - when little is open. The fest doesn't start till midday friday.

Is there any point travelling down Thursday night then? I was planning to arrive about 8pm?

Also, Met office have issued severe weather warnings for the area for this weekend! What are the undercover and indoor venues like? Are there plenty of them?

By the way, I saw the official Boomtown Twitter account Tweet Alborosie, Stephen Marley,Matisyahu and some others asking them to remove Tweets with the Lion's Den set times on as they are no longer accurate. They've since removed the set times from the website. 

I guess that Marley at midday Friday will stay as that, as they've opened with a big act the last few years.

Is there any point travelling down Thursday night then? I was planning to arrive about 8pm?

Also, Met office have issued severe weather warnings for the area for this weekend! What are the undercover and indoor venues like? Are there plenty of them?

I've seen plenty of DJs and bands promoting Thursday sets. One of which was a 12-hour takeover in the Wrong Side of the Tracks area, 12pm-12am.

Edited by StLewi

I've seen plenty of DJs and bands promoting Thursday sets. One of which was a 12-hour takeover in the Wrong Side of the Tracks area, 12pm-12am.

Awesome! Don;t they have licensing restrictions though? I'm certainly not complaining! Anyone know of any others? I'll make a note! Although the weather between 12-8am Friday morning is noted as severe torrential rain, so not too hopeful!

If we fully disregard walking distances where is the best place to camp to avoid waking up in a pond. It's looking pretty worrying, 30-40mm of rain Turned the Secret Garden Party camp into an absolute mess and that's flat.

o7omxd.jpg

Edited by Wykes125

I want to buy a teenage ticket for boomtown, but on the website it says I need an adult who purchased my ticket who's over 25 to take me in. In the terms and conditions it says I may be asked to provide proof that they bought my ticket - do you think they'll be strict about this or can I just find a random over 25 year old and ask them to take me in? also, it says people with teenage tickets can't go into the bowl after 10pm - are they really going to enforce this?

If we fully disregard walking distances where is the best place to camp to avoid waking up in a pond. It's looking pretty worrying, 30-40mm of rain Turned the Secret Garden Party camp into an absolute mess and that's flat.

o7omxd.jpg

I think the campsites will be mostly fine tbh because they're on sloping ground - just avoid places where water might collect like at the bottom of a hill, next to busy pathways, or in holes/depressions. I didn't see anything particularly bad after last year's downpour.

Downtown campsites last year nr aradia:

AroundTheSite-BoomtownFair2014-PB101.JPG

AroundTheSite-BoomtownFair2014-PB104.JPG

Edited by kerplunk