Boomtown Festival 2015

Paul ™

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grand, I have a few of those will check the others out... I need an excuse to go to rusty spurs, i've yet to be tempted to the proper stages there.

caravan palace in the town centre should be electroswing-amazing and a rare thing

scarecrow is very interesting frenchy hiphop there, i'm usually 50/50 on h-h to start with but found myself riveted

Less Than Jake are awesome but i find i have to be in the mood for it

very interested in Slowly Rolling Camera in poco loco, though i've been struggling to describe it - jazzy fusiony flavours of london grammar at times

Kate Tempest is fucking up the beat-poetry isn't rap people very nicely too, circles is one of the tracks i've most rapidly liked in years

Maroon town sounded great fun either them or king porter stomp give me a ska'y fix in the chinatown courtyard tho i think KPS might be very busy

infected mushroom and green nuns are psy-trance total legends in the psy-forest - my flatmate pretty much signed up on that basis alone!

Mr B the gentleman rapper is on in the ballroom if anyone's not seen him that's very funny

Fogata sounds and symbiz got my attention in hidden woods for hippyhoppydubby hidden woods stuff

Mr Scruff on the Boombox should be jumping

but also dr. meaker, squarepusher and surgeon...

Kate Tempest is fucking up the beat-poetry isn't rap people very nicely too, circles is one of the tracks i've most rapidly liked in years

Bugger, that's my earworm for the next 24 hours

"I go round in circles

Not graceful, not like dancers

Not neatly, not like compass and pencil

More like a dog on a lead, going mental"

Is it me or has all the line up info gone from the official site apart from a poster or two? They used to have pages for each stage with write ups of the bands etc but I can't find it anymore.

Ignore - I'm an idiot.

Edited by kerplunk

Might as well flag up some others I can recommend, too (not necessarily reggae) ....

Gogol Bordello, Town Centre

Babyhead, Town Centre - Bristol legends (who do Boomtown every year).

The Beat, Town Centre - 100% effort every time, they never bore me

Amadou & Miriam, Old Mines

Dreadzone, Old Mines - of course

John  Fairhourst, Old Mines - for a bit of loud blues/rock.

Songhoy Blues

RDF, Chinatown - dirty old skool new age traveller's band

System 7, Psychedelic Forest - Steve Hillage, say no more

Pronghorn, Rusty Spurs

Showhawk Duo, Rusty Spurs - they do fantastic stuff with guitars (and will have you singing Bo Rap, too)

What can you recommend?

Just been listening to Showhawk Duo on your recommendation. Holy fuck.

Completely agree with the David Rodigan stuff. Went to see him at Lovebox a few weeks ago, and every couple of minutes the music stops for some sort of quote or praise sliced in for David Rodigan.then you'd just hear the music cut and a load of transmission/old tv sound effects and "david.d.d.d.d.david Rodigan!" I had enough after 10 minutes and left!

Completely agree with the David Rodigan stuff. Went to see him at Lovebox a few weeks ago, and every couple of minutes the music stops for some sort of quote or praise sliced in for David Rodigan.then you'd just hear the music cut and a load of transmission/old tv sound effects and "david.d.d.d.d.david Rodigan!" I had enough after 10 minutes and left!

If you'd have listened more closely or for longer, you'd have realised that within plenty of the music too there's "some sort of quote or praise sliced in for David Rodigan" - so the music doesn't even have to stop.

Just play some records, and shut yet trap. :P

If you'd have listened more closely or for longer, you'd have realised that within plenty of the music too there's "some sort of quote or praise sliced in for David Rodigan" - so the music doesn't even have to stop.

Just play some records, and shut yet trap. :P

haha! no i did notice that! It kept saying things over the music like "one of the pioneers of UK reggae" etc etc. Got completely sick of it as it spoiled the music!

Any guesses on secret sets? I know Jimmy Cliff has played unannounced before, that would be awesome if it happened again...

I'm not 100% sure the organisers know what's going on at points tbh

Curious how Neil got a line-up in advance - we couldn't get on on-site until thursday :lol: the program was only a fiver last year, it's minimal fleecing. They really should just include it.

Edited by frostypaw

That's what I mean :P damn internerds. The moment I get my grubby mitts on one I'll try and upload some pics

Sorry, mis-read your post. It'll be much appreciated if you can get your hands on some set times. Making plans when inebriated is bound to lead to mistakes!

There are no gaps on the Lion's Den, but a big act could play in the Town Centre.

Heh, my post probably sounded like I thought you were an official source because I was lazy and just copied the body of the email I sent to the Boomtown contact address (fixed it a bit now ;) ). Posted it here too because I'm not expecting a prompt response there! ;)

Yeah, was just hoping some people who'd been before would know for sure whether that had been a thing in the past or not really. Cheers! :)

Thought I posted another reply about this but perhaps not. Anyway, Boomtown replied to my email and said a small stove is fine :D